Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Commander Newgate  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 11:20:34 PM(UTC)
Commander Newgate
Private
Indonesia

Hello everyone!

There is a Bounty for good maps going on at the moment, and we would like to see you post your own in our discord server. The Bounty's target is for the mod Rise of The Reds, but almost any map will do.

You don't have to have the mod, but it will help influence your map if it has a few RoTR themed Tech Buildings lying around. Remember, you must only use your own maps, and not anybody else's.

Below, are the rules of the Competition as stated by colleagues, they mostly concern the RoTR Mod, but please do follow them to an extent.

---------------------Rules of Engagement-----------------

- NO War Fortress or Celebres turrets allowed, Blockade fortress is possible but has to be reviewed.
- NO Faction based Neutral units are allowed So no Random almost destroyed overlords or random Rebels dancing. However, you are free to use Militia units to an extent.
- NO Controversial names for the maps, even if you win the maps name might be changed for this (Example: Nothing like Israel's fate etc).
- NO Neutral mines or explosives of any sort, however barrels, sand walls and Red barrels can be used. The key thing here is to communicate to the player about the objects, no Infuriating surprises.
- NO recycling maps from other mods! I will know This is meant to boost your creativity, If you think you're a wise guy you'll be disqualified.
- Mirroring or making symmetrical maps are acceptable to a point but remember that each map should have a story so be creative!
- Each person can only submit 1 map per bounty!
- NO UNTRANSFERABLE EDITS (This includes anything that can NOT be transferred In game to a new player who does not have the map)

Tips
- ROTR has a larger scale than most mods, normal sized bridges do not get along well with sentinels, so you might have to use land and retexture/fancy it up to make it look like a bridge.

+ Extra points for being able to utilize Resupply Zones.

> You are NOT allowed to use anybody else's maps, you can only enter your own creations.
> You will have the rights to retain or remake the map for other mods but being that this is a Commission, ROTR version should be a priority, same with its scale and balancing.
If you are lucky your map might be Accepted to the future ROTR map pack!

Best one will be voted by the mapping community.

Good luck Mappers! I look forward to your masterpieces!
---------------------The Bounties-----------------

Bounty 1
15 Dollars of Digital goods

A 1v1 map that's larger then lagoon/TD because of ROTR's scale and has to Utilize ROTR assets, Maybe summer arena is a good size?

Bounty 2
25 Dollars of Digital goods

A 2v2 map meant for team games, Look at "Forbidden Temple" for a decent template even if it breaks the rules.

If you want to join, then please head over to our Discord server via this link to the CNC ZH Worldbuilders group. There you can find out more about this competition, and if you mention that you are participating, then we will add you to the Roster.

I hope to see as many map makers participate as possible, so please spread the word to others that haven't heard yet.

~Newgate
Now hiring playtesters for my GLA Mission 1
The Bridge
PM me and I will add you to our Discord Group

Coming soon in a server near you:
Carrier Commandos
a Chinese battle out at sea
Sponsor
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2019 8:21:03 AM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Too bad it's for ROTR ¬¬
Good luck to the participants!

Edited by user Tuesday, April 30, 2019 3:19:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord