Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

SkyMix_RMT Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 7:55:16 AM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Joined: 2/21/2015(UTC)
Posts: 377
Portugal

Thanks: 80 times
Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 90 post(s)
CNCLABS does NOT have a SSL certificate (http connection), which means that any information shared between the clients and cnclabs can be easily stolen by network sniffers. Recently I was hacked in a couple of services due to having the same password in those services as in here.

DO NOT USE THE SAME PASSWORD.

For the cnclabs staff (if they worry at all): You can easily set up a free SSL certificate by using cloudflare's nameservers, I can help you do that if you need help.
Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
Sponsor
KlingonDragon Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 8:57:58 AM(UTC)
KlingonDragon
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Joined: 4/10/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1,597
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Thanks: 16 times
Was thanked: 248 time(s) in 218 post(s)
2 things here,

First:
Everyone should always use a unique password for every service they use. it doesn't matter how secure the site is, use a unique password.

Second:
The only person I know has access to the site management, to the level of SSL certificates and DNS settings, comes here so rarely they probably won't see this post. I'll reach out but I don't know if/when I'll get a response.
acidbrain Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 9:24:58 AM(UTC)
acidbrain
General
Joined: 12/30/2011(UTC)
Posts: 988

Thanks: 95 times
Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 367 post(s)
Here is a fun story...
Bought a Epson printer on the 15th of januari and on the 17th there was This thread, really funny imho.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 16, 2019 10:40:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Panem et kirkinses
Unknown Editor Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 4:09:47 AM(UTC)
Unknown Editor
Major
Joined: 3/22/2017(UTC)
Posts: 278
Location: Some where on Earth

Thanks: 122 times
Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Originally Posted by: klingondragon Go to Quoted Post
2 things here,

First:
Everyone should always use a unique password for every service they use. it doesn't matter how secure the site is, use a unique password.


Let's be honest , Can we actually set a unique password for every last account we have in any service ?
I really doubt so (This is why I usually refuse to go to sites that require you to login with an account)
I once tried doing so by the way and I lost lots of keys in my mind XD Just resulted me to go for "Lost Password" option and had me changing them for hours (And yeah I did have a piece of paper for that which I lost)
Anyways, I now have my Info much more classified (My classification was only a matter of my name earlier but now it's personal)

Edited by user Wednesday, April 17, 2019 4:11:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Classified

Asking is Not a Problem , Problem is Not to Know Something .

Operation : Dark Angel
Static : Launch Delayed
Reason : Uncool Terrain - Old Logic in use - Lack of Performance
Status : Applying new Terrain - Applying new Logic - Increasing Performance by 300%
SkyMix_RMT Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 8:17:26 AM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Joined: 2/21/2015(UTC)
Posts: 377
Portugal

Thanks: 80 times
Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 90 post(s)
I found a solution, I have about 20 different passwords, and to remember them all I created a system. I invented a code, where I assign each letter a word, or a combination of numbers, for example:

a = 123
c = cnclabs
g = generals

then I have a list with all my passwords like:

cnclabs: aggc
gmail: cgaa
discord: cccaag

This is really simple, and you can complicate passwords a lot, all you need to remember is what word or combination of letters/numbers corresponds to what letter/number.
Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
 1 user thanked SkyMix_RMT for this useful post.
UTD^Force on 4/17/2019(UTC)
UTD^Force Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 9:31:08 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Joined: 8/13/2013(UTC)
Posts: 799
Jordan
Location: Middle east

Thanks: 443 times
Was thanked: 161 time(s) in 145 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SkyMix_RMT Go to Quoted Post
I found a solution, I have about 20 different passwords, and to remember them all I created a system. I invented a code, where I assign each letter a word, or a combination of numbers, for example:

a = 123
c = cnclabs
g = generals

then I have a list with all my passwords like:

cnclabs: aggc
gmail: cgaa
discord: cccaag

This is really simple, and you can complicate passwords a lot, all you need to remember is what word or combination of letters/numbers corresponds to what letter/number.


This is basically how I remember most of the things I have memorized (mostly studying). Although my friends didn't want to risk doing the same when I advised them, I memorized 57 different medicines with their active groups in 10 minutes after making a code like this.
I will now use it for passwords, too. Thanks for this creative idea! Big Smile Thumb Up
<3
The lilacs where the robin built,
And where my brother set
The laburnum on his birthday,
The tree is living yet!

"I rarely have many failures. If I'm baking a cake and it fails, it becomes pudding."

"Sometimes I sit and wonder, "why am I not in a mental asylum?" Then I take a good look at everyone around me and realize, maybe I am."

A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it. It just blooms.
MicScoTho Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 12:48:01 PM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
Joined: 3/31/2002(UTC)
Posts: 2,365
United States

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SkyMix_RMT Go to Quoted Post
CNCLABS does NOT have a SSL certificate (http connection), which means that any information shared between the clients and cnclabs can be easily stolen by network sniffers. Recently I was hacked in a couple of services due to having the same password in those services as in here.

DO NOT USE THE SAME PASSWORD.

For the cnclabs staff (if they worry at all): You can easily set up a free SSL certificate by using cloudflare's nameservers, I can help you do that if you need help.


Thanks for highlighting the concern.

C&C Labs does actually already support HTTPS connections. You can browse C&C Labs over a secure connection at: https://www.cnclabs.com/

At some point in the future, we will be changing the site to use HTTPS by default to improve the security for all users.
MicScoTho - Founder
 2 users thanked MicScoTho for this useful post.
UTD^Force on 4/21/2019(UTC), SkyMix_RMT on 4/22/2019(UTC)
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 1.9.6.1 | YAF © 2003-2020, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 4.353 seconds.