Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline GreyW00lf  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2019 5:17:56 PM(UTC)
GreyW00lf
Captain
Canada

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello All,

I am trying to make a carpet bomber that is buildable from the US Airfield that does an attack run Like the the Carpet bomber does?

It starts it bombing run early, (dropping bombs) before it even reaches Its target, and keeps on Dropping bombs a little ways after it gets past it's target but can not turn during it's bombing run. It would have to fly back to the airfield to rearm or repair it self.

I understand that I would have to use a locomotor that has little to no turning for the attack run, and a Taxi locomotor (so it can land and takeoff) plus the normal plane locomotor, a custom Weapon - that has a limited amount of bombs.

The weapon, plane, locomotor, Command button (to make the plane) I can make/setup, however I am not quite sure on how to make it change locomotors when it does it's attack run or how to make it drop it's bombs early and keep on dropping them as it gets closer to the target then keep dropping bombs once it flies past the target.
Would this even be possible?

If so where or what should I be looking at or for? I am merely asking for Pointers if it is possible within the game.
Sponsor
Offline klingondragon  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2019 7:40:18 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
I'm in a bit of a rush now so I can't find examples and code right now.
But see if you can find a unit that switches locomotors when attacking and have a look at the special weapon in code to see how it works. The best way to find out how to do something is to copy eas code and change it.
Offline klingondragon  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2019 7:40:20 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
I'm in a bit of a rush now so I can't find examples and code right now.
But see if you can find a unit that switches locomotors when attacking and have a look at the special weapon in code to see how it works. The best way to find out how to do something is to copy eas code and change it.
Offline Annihilationzh  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 7:16:17 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GreyW00lf Go to Quoted Post
The weapon, plane, locomotor, Command button (to make the plane) I can make/setup, however I am not quite sure on how to make it change locomotors when it does it's attack run

You can use the aurora code if you don't mind the attack invulnerability. I found it best just to use a plane with a slow (but usable) turn rate.

Originally Posted by: GreyW00lf Go to Quoted Post
or how to make it drop it's bombs early and keep on dropping them as it gets closer to the target then keep dropping bombs once it flies past the target.
Would this even be possible?

Range will make it drop the bombs early, and an AcceptableAimDelta of 180 will ensure it keeps dropping bombs after it has passed its target. To spawn the bombs, you could use a dummy weapon with a FireOCL. Alternatively, you can just code it like a missile - a bomb won't home in if it doesn't have a locomotor or homing ability.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.