Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Apeirogon  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 4:20:16 PM(UTC)
Apeirogon
Private

Recently my world builder has been broken (Currently Zero Hour)
- I Use the Ultimate Collection With Fixed Launchers On Windows 7 64 Bit Mostly Fully Updated
-I have the most Recent Version of Shockwave and I have tried without it
-used and tried, Normal world builder, Shockwave's Version, and Enhanced World Builder

Currently I've been trying to make just a personal skirmish map, I've followed multiple video and text guides and had actually made a somewhat okay map, But I tried to add scripts and for some reason they never worked but not only that if I ever add scripts to a map it permanently after that moment breaks all skirmish AI.

After a while I managed to get scripts to work by turning off validating but they only work with non-skirmish teams added.
I do know that it is not just generals since If I download anyones map that has scripts in it such as Humanity's last Hope By adrianemapmaker, I actually tested editing that map and after I even Just saved the map the edited version's scripts completely broke when I just saved it as something else Not even adding or taking away anything.

I've tried some things some members of the Sage Engine Modding Discord said but none worked
These were
-Trying a different Skrimish Scripts File (No Change)
-Patching The Game (No Effect)

Other Things Tried
-Uninstalling and reinstalling (Many and Many times)
-Trying without any mod or new world builder (Pure out of box Zero Hour)
-Deleting past experiment maps (Maps I tested to try and fix this)
-Updating windows 7
-Updating Directx to the version close to generals

Any Help would be amazing, I'll be checking this topic as much as possible and if it works easier for anyone this is my discord Apeirogon#4920
Thank You.

EDIT: This is a Edit of Terra Fantastica the one (Labeled Normally) has AI that works fine in skirmish while the one that is Edited has a script that just gives 500000 to localplayer which I tried and neither the script or the AI work
https://www.dropbox.com/...DNlZw-w1nzcwNCcFL4a?dl=0

Edited by user Wednesday, February 6, 2019 4:55:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline i^love^mixery  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 7:24:39 AM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

Was thanked: 201 time(s) in 147 post(s)
Hello!

Firstly: Your game is fine, your installation is not breaking maps. No need for another re-install.

Generally speaking, if you add any script to a skirmish player folder, the default skirmish player scripts for that faction will not be executed.

In order to modify / add AI scripts, you have to import the scripts from the ZH directory then do whatever you want with them.

However, that's not the problem the map you uploaded is having.

The only thing you messed up was putting the $$$ script into the NeutralPlayer folder, just drag&drop it into PlyrCivilian instead and everyting is perfectly good. And yes, this is also what broke the AI.

Edited by user Saturday, February 9, 2019 7:26:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Apeirogon  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:47:20 PM(UTC)
Apeirogon
Private

Thank you, It definitely was just the neutral player folder, it still didn't answer how a map that did work before that I didn't do anything but save as a different name stopped working but since I can do scripts in my own maps Its not really important to have those re-saved maps work anyway. Thank you for your response