Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline rey  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 10:40:06 AM(UTC)
rey
Major

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
the idea is:: after death wrecks of Marauder stay, small balloon flies up, if for 10 seconds balloon is not killed - Marauder is revived with half health. why use balloon? to make wrecks more of visual effect, actually being "transparent", for other units freely pass possition of wrecks. yet balloon acts as a way to forbid rebirth by killing it.

i don't expect anybody to help create such unit, but hope somebody may give some hints or links to mods having similar mechanic. for ex, i know about ROTR mechanic, but that is too complicated and far from automatic.
Sponsor
Offline Unknown Editor  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 9:14:54 PM(UTC)
Unknown Editor
Major

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 59 post(s)
So , After Marauder Dies , It will Create 2 units :
1.Marauder's Wreck which will start sinking into ground after 10.1 Seconds if Balloon didn't make it in 10.0 Seconds .
2.A Balloon which will sort of explode after 10.0 Seconds and kill the Wreck with a Specific Type like EXTRA_2-EXTRA_8 to spawn a new marauder upon such death , And new Marauder can not be the original one ...
NOTE: Neither the Wreck nor the Balloon should have SCORE kindof as they will increase amount of Lost-units 1 to 3 .
It must have 50%HP and no more Re-spawn ; Can use Slth_GLATankMarauder (as It's been unused) as the respawned Marauder .

So , Including the Original Marauder , We'll need 4 Objects

If I am right and There are no conflicts with your Idea , Just Identify either You want the Code for map.ini or Core INI .
Asking is Not a Problem , Problem is Not to Know Something .

Operation : Dark Angel
Static : Launch Delayed
Reason : Uncool Terrain - Old Logic in use - Lack of Performance
Status : Applying new Terrain - Applying new Logic - Increasing Performance by 300%
Offline rey  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2018 3:02:07 AM(UTC)
rey
Major

the initial idea is quite like this, still few detail remarks:
- balloon indeed must not increase amount of lost units.
main "problem" here is aesthetics= it's not only about giving a way to forbid re-spawn, but to have some visual explanation why Marauder re-spawns =so balloon needs to fly up from wrecks(ground level) instead of just spawn in mid-air, and best would be if it lands back(at wrecks position) after 10 sec. exploding should happen if it was shot down.

- balloon itself doesn't mean it must be "balloon" and only that - it resembles an ejection of a pilot, so for ex a balloon-parachute with hanging GLA worker or other infantry would be even better than simple balloon.

- recreated Marauder can be the same unit code-wise, no need to bother with touching Slth_GLATankMarauder. one of main reasons= initial Marauder when created from factory should have re-spawn ability on 30-sec cooldown, same for recreated one. that's for no constant or only one-time recreating process, but at the same time to give a chance for player to save this unit over numerous battles.

- here comes one more role of balloon-parachute - it must transfer veterancy from dead unit to re-spawned. if i'd know how, i'd transfer wrecks-upgrades instead of veterancy, but that involves crates, which is never small code-wise.

core or map .ini doesn't really matter for me. map.ini is easier for testing, while final unit will go to core.ini for sure.

Edited by user Friday, August 3, 2018 3:06:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline rey  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2018 9:50:34 AM(UTC)
rey
Major

did anybody met a unit with GLA RebuildHoleBehavior and RebuildHoleExposeDie mechanics?