Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline rey  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 4:44:21 PM(UTC)
rey
Major

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
i always thought that Upgrades.ini is simply a list of upgrades that differ in price, build time and Global or Object target = so any can be piked to use it simply as a trigger for smt to change in unit, but now i got stuck cause can't figure out what is missing.

the logic should be:
one must buy Global Player Upgrade > changes CommandSet of unit with CommandSetUpgrade(this works) > new CommandSet contains a button for Object upgrade(Type = OBJECT) > that ought to change WeaponSet with WeaponSetUpgrade(this doesn't work, upgrade button is greyed out).

i thought i could pick any in-game object upgrade to use it per-unit, like say upgrades of Overlord, but... what am i doing wrong?

Edited by user Wednesday, August 1, 2018 4:47:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline Annihilationzh  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 2:59:51 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Does the unit have a productionupdate module?
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
thanks 1 user thanked Annihilationzh for this useful post.
rey on 8/1/2018(UTC)
Offline rey  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 4:47:02 AM(UTC)
rey
Major

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
that solved everything, thank you! didn't know ProductionUpdate is so important for this as it never was "connected" to upgrades by tags. thought this module is for production of units, my bad.