Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline costarica1  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2018 6:03:47 PM(UTC)
costarica1
Private
Italy

when exporting scripts, what must I select (if any) to use this script with any map as for example ai advanced mod script was built.

there are 4 points to select: include waypoint and paths
include trigger areas
include units and buildings
include sides

Another question, is that, look at the photo and tell me, in order to make for example go 3 tank together with rebel to capture a building and protect it constantly, do i need to work in scripts menu (on the left) in order to get things shown on the team edit menu (on the right)? o vice versa? or do i need to work in both menus to make it work.?

Another question is: india (wlc mod) corresponds to china tank general and has an airfield, but it does not appear in script building as my gla added helicopter. how can I make it appear there? any thoughts? or you are complete noobs in scripts and all this staff?Disapprove let me know.
costarica1 attached the following image(s):
worldbuilder scripting.JPG
Sponsor
Offline Unknown Editor  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2018 10:17:09 PM(UTC)
Unknown Editor
Major

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 59 post(s)
About exporting :
Include waypoint and paths ==> Includes waypoint and paths YOU HAVE USED in your SCRIPTS and set in map with WAYPOINT TOOL .
Include trigger areas ==> Includes trigger areas YOU HAVE USED in your SCRIPTS and set in map with POLYGON TOOL or Probably with WATER TOOL .
Include units and buildings ==> Includes Objects YOU HAVE USED in your SCRIPTS and set in map with PLACE OBJECT tool .
Include sides ==> Includes the sides (Edit\Edit Player List ...) your Objects or Scripts are DEPENDENT on .

If you do include the followings , World Builder will Save Coordinates , Names , etc ... in the Exported File .
NOTE : If you do include Objects , NOT Including Sides can cause them loose their Faction and go natural on Import .

About your Capturing Operation : In my opinion , You should first make a Team like 10 Infantry who Capture Buildings only .
But then to make other teams come out and protect it , You'll need a script and a Team for each Building .
And set the Team's Production Condition Like this :
If <This Building> is Owned by <Local Player>

This should do the trick but requires many Scripts and Teams to go for it .

Edited by user Friday, June 29, 2018 10:19:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Asking is Not a Problem , Problem is Not to Know Something .

Operation : Dark Angel
Static : Launch Delayed
Reason : Uncool Terrain - Old Logic in use - Lack of Performance
Status : Applying new Terrain - Applying new Logic - Increasing Performance by 300%
Offline costarica1  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2018 3:20:00 AM(UTC)
costarica1
Private
Italy

so, for example, the guys who made advanced ai mod, when exported it to a .scb file selected all 4 points to export??? (as you know this mod is not map connected and works quite good on any map.)I mean this: for example, I open advanced ai mod, then I remove one unit from and gla and I want to export this modified mod again, what I selects or not select?

about 2nd and 3rd question its not that I was aksing, anyone please read and reply. thanks.

Edited by user Saturday, June 30, 2018 11:35:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline costarica1  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 7, 2018 1:49:39 PM(UTC)
costarica1
Private
Italy

another question, looking at the photo in 1 post, for example, i need to make overload tank to fight with enemy units if he sees them. Do i work on this in this menu on the left or on the right?