Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline zzc  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 11:21:05 AM(UTC)
zzc
Major
Malaysia

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I am trying to make an OP tomahawk.

I want it to continue to fly even when the target is dead; currently the missile will just disappear once the target is dead.

And I want the missile detonation to also fire the dirtynuke weapon used by the convoy truck.

Behavior = InstantDeathBehavior DeathModuleTag_01
DeathTypes = NONE +DETONATED
; we detonated normally.
FX = WeaponFX_TomahawkMissileDetonation
Weapon = DirtyNukeCreationWeapon
End

This one does not work.

Behavior = InstantDeathBehavior DeathModuleTag_01
DeathTypes = NONE +DETONATED
; we detonated normally.
FX = WeaponFX_TomahawkMissileDetonation
OCL = OCL_DirtyNuke
End

This also does not work.

InstantDeathBehavior
DeathTypes = [DeathTypes listing]
FX = [entry from FXList.INI]
OCL = [entry from ObjectCreationList.INI]
Weapon = [Entry from Weapon.ini]
RequiredStatus = [status name]
ExemptStatus = [status name]
End

Should I use FireWeaponWhenDeadBehavior? But it would detonate in midair which looks weird, radiation fields in the air....
Sponsor
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 1:04:30 PM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)
The scud continues to fly even when the target is dead, try to look in its code.
Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
Offline zzc  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2018 5:38:29 AM(UTC)
zzc
Major
Malaysia

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
TryToFollowTarget = yes

No target, the projectile will just disappear.

TryToFollowTarget = No

No target, the projectile continues until collision.

So you cannot have a lock on projectile, continue existing when there is no target, so it just disappears.

Anyone else can confirm?
Offline Deinon  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2018 8:41:33 PM(UTC)
Deinon
Captain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: zzc Go to Quoted Post
TryToFollowTarget = yes

No target, the projectile will just disappear.

TryToFollowTarget = No

No target, the projectile continues until collision.

So you cannot have a lock on projectile, continue existing when there is no target, so it just disappears.

Anyone else can confirm?

Interesting...

I wonder if this would make it possible to change the GLA to have dedicated anti-air stinger infantry (who pack a wallop but cannot target ground units) and change RPG-wielding Tunnel Defenders so they can hit a hovering helicopter, but haven't got any chance of hitting a passing jet. A bit of realism and rebalancing.
Offline Annihilationzh  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 10:08:42 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Originally Posted by: zzc Go to Quoted Post

Anyone else can confirm?

Technically yes. But there are other ways. E.G. imagine a tomahawk firing one large missile that doesn't track targets - but splits into three heat seeking missiles before landing.

Originally Posted by: Deinon Go to Quoted Post
Interesting...

I wonder if this would make it possible to change the GLA to have dedicated anti-air stinger infantry (who pack a wallop but cannot target ground units) and change RPG-wielding Tunnel Defenders so they can hit a hovering helicopter, but haven't got any chance of hitting a passing jet. A bit of realism and rebalancing.

That might cause issues with moving vehicles though. Would that be a desired effect? A technical or humvee could quite easily move out of the way of an infantry missile.

You can just drop the speed and/or fuel lifetime of infantry missiles. That'll give them real trouble catching moving aircraft.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline Deinon  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 3:08:29 PM(UTC)
Deinon
Captain

Originally Posted by: Annihilationzh Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Deinon Go to Quoted Post
Interesting...

That might cause issues with moving vehicles though. Would that be a desired effect? A technical or humvee could quite easily move out of the way of an infantry missile.

You can just drop the speed and/or fuel lifetime of infantry missiles. That'll give them real trouble catching moving aircraft.
It would be something to play with. Maybe have tracking on for ground targets and off for air targets. What I'm trying to work towards for a certain mod is having RPG troops with two ammo types - one with strong splash damage for groups of infantry, also capable of killing one garrisoned soldier at a time, but with less impact on vehicles, and one with a strong impact on single targets (especially vehicles) and less splash damage, both with more realistic fire rates to compensate for increased damage output. It could be turned on and off the same way "laser sights" are for American rocket infantry.

Edited by user Sunday, April 1, 2018 3:11:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Deinon  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2018 1:32:12 AM(UTC)
Deinon
Captain

Initial testing with changes to the GLA's rocket arsenal are promising. :)

Standard RPG troopers can do a number on hovering helicopters and (while sporting a lower rate-of-fire than vanilla) do extra damage against tanks with each shot that connects, but they are completely impotent against moving aircraft (their shots target where the aircraft was when they fired without tracking).

Stinger soldiers traversing the map on foot are more expensive to produce than RPGs and can ONLY target aircraft (again, lower rate of fire, higher damage), but they can be camoflaged with the same stealth upgrade which applies to rebels, they automatically target aircraft within range while stealthed, and they detect stealthed enemies.

I'll be interested to see how it plays out in campaign, would need to modify the teams produced by enemy AI to include them in maps where you can produce aircraft. I'm working on extra balancing and realism changes. I'll share code when I have something a little more complete.