Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Poll Question : Has Iron Dragon Ever Crashed for you?
Choice Votes Statistics
  Yes
50 %
  No
50 %
  Total 2 100%
Guests can't vote. Try login or register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RC-3197  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 8:42:57 PM(UTC)
RC-3197
Private

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
So, I have been using the mod ProGen 2.6 for a very long time. However, there is one part I can't stand at all. The game crashes pretty much 2 out of 3 times I try to do a 4v4 match on Iron Dragon. It always crashes with the "Serious errors can be caused by viruses" about half way through the match, it also happens with every single faction. I've been trying to find the cause but I've pretty much hit a dead end. Anybody have any ideas or similar experiences with Iron Dragon?
Anyways here is the crash report, interestingly enough it gave the same exact crash report twice, so at least something is consistent:

Release Crash at Thu Mar 15 14:37:30 2018
; Reason Uncaught Exception in GameEngine::update

Last error:
Exception is access violation
WinMain at 401720
Error code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Description: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
Access address:00000014 was read from.

Stack Dump:
<Unknown>(-1) : <Unknown> 0x0056B65C
<Unknown>(-1) : <Unknown> 0x009454A4
<Unknown>(-1) : <Unknown> 0x00564100

Details:
Register dump...
Eip:0056B65C Esp:0019E6D8 Ebp:1C49D27C
Eax:15CD51BC Ebx:1E765660 Ecx:00000000
Edx:00000001 Esi:1E70FF00 Edi:00000000
EFlags:00210246
CS:0023 SS:002b DS:002b ES:002b FS:0053 GS:002b
EIP bytes dump...

Bytes at CS:EIP (0056B65C) : 66 8B 4F 14 B8 67 66 66 66 F7 E9 C1 FA 02 8B CA C1 E9 1F 03 D1 33 C9 66 8B 4F 18 8B EA B8 67 66

Current stack:
Sponsor
Offline klingondragon  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 8:47:11 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
Have you tried running a virus scan?, or playing without ProGen?
Is it only that map that gives you errors?
I'll play a game on Iron Dragon Now and see if anything comes up.
Offline RC-3197  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 8:55:00 PM(UTC)
RC-3197
Private

Originally Posted by: KlingonDragon Go to Quoted Post
Have you tried running a virus scan?, or playing without ProGen?
Is it only that map that gives you errors?
I'll play a game on Iron Dragon Now and see if anything comes up.

I am 10000% sure it is not a virus.
I haven't played without ProGen in a very long time, and I don't want to either. I'd rather make a new Iron Dragon map from scratch. It's been so long that I can't remember if it crashed before.
I think it is only Iron Dragon that gives that error on a very consistent basis. It has also happened on some other maps as well but very rarely.

Perhaps you should also try a 4v4 with progen to see if you experience similar problems. I'm running 2.6 from ModDB. If you install it back up your scripts folder, otherwise you can't go back to vanilla without uninstalling, deleting the folders, and reinstalling.

Thanks for helping.

Edited by user Thursday, March 15, 2018 8:55:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline klingondragon  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 9:39:43 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
Seriously, try without ProGen. If it still crashes then, we'll know it's not the mod. But, if it's fine, I'll test with ProGen to see if the mod is causing it or something else.

Just played in vanilla and it worked fine. I'm not just going to install random mods I don't want, without trying other troubleshooting steps first. Please at least try.
Offline RC-3197  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 10:00:03 PM(UTC)
RC-3197
Private

Originally Posted by: KlingonDragon Go to Quoted Post
Seriously, try without ProGen. If it still crashes then, we'll know it's not the mod. But, if it's fine, I'll test with ProGen to see if the mod is causing it or something else.

Just played in vanilla and it worked fine. I'm not just going to install random mods I don't want, without trying other troubleshooting steps first. Please at least try.

I was in the middle of uninstalling progen when I realized I have some major stuff I have not backed up at all. I also tested it a 2 more times and it had no issues. Maybe it's more of a 50 50 thing. If the problem ever occurs again I will find its cause myself (I'm thinking its a garrisoned building of some sort). It will be easy. Thanks for your help anyways.
Offline denko  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2018 1:07:34 PM(UTC)
denko
Private

Originally Posted by: RC-3197 Go to Quoted Post
So, I have been using the mod ProGen 2.6 for a very long time. However, there is one part I can't stand at all. The game crashes pretty much 2 out of 3 times I try to do a 4v4 match on Iron Dragon. It always crashes with the "Serious errors can be caused by viruses" about half way through the match, it also happens with every single faction. I've been trying to find the cause but I've pretty much hit a dead end. Anybody have any ideas or similar experiences with Iron Dragon?
Anyways here is the crash report, interestingly enough it gave the same exact crash report twice, so at least something is consistent:

Release Crash at Thu Mar 15 14:37:30 2018
; Reason Uncaught Exception in GameEngine::update

Last error:
Exception is access violation
WinMain at 401720
Error code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Description: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
Access address:00000014 was read from.

Stack Dump:
<Unknown>(-1) : <Unknown> 0x0056B65C
<Unknown>(-1) : <Unknown> 0x009454A4
<Unknown>(-1) : <Unknown> 0x00564100

Details:
Register dump...
Eip:0056B65C Esp:0019E6D8 Ebp:1C49D27C
Eax:15CD51BC Ebx:1E765660 Ecx:00000000
Edx:00000001 Esi:1E70FF00 Edi:00000000
EFlags:00210246
CS:0023 SS:002b DS:002b ES:002b FS:0053 GS:002b
EIP bytes dump...

Bytes at CS:EIP (0056B65C) : 66 8B 4F 14 B8 67 66 66 66 F7 E9 C1 FA 02 8B CA C1 E9 1F 03 D1 33 C9 66 8B 4F 18 8B EA B8 67 66

Current stack:

I basically have the same error as you do but on a different mod and mine says "Access address:00000008" instead of Access address:00000014. The rest of the mod works fine but if you use the bombardment thing at the strategy center as the usa the game crashes every single time. It's really annoying. Idk what it could be about that one building that makes the game crash but it does. I tried reinstalling the mod, reinstalling the game itself, and taking out the custom ini files I put in it but nothing seems to fix it.

The only thing I can think of that might be making it crash is the fact that I had to replace the game.dat file along with generals.exe in the zero hour directory with a different one since I'm on windows 10 and without doing that the game won't work at all. On my old computer I didn't have to replace these files so the crash doesn't occur on there.

Offline thepredatorbg  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 8:16:20 AM(UTC)
thepredatorbg
Private
Bulgaria

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: denko Go to Quoted Post

I basically have the same error as you do but on a different mod and mine says "Access address:00000008" instead of Access address:00000014. The rest of the mod works fine but if you use the bombardment thing at the strategy center as the usa the game crashes every single time. It's really annoying. Idk what it could be about that one building that makes the game crash but it does. I tried reinstalling the mod, reinstalling the game itself, and taking out the custom ini files I put in it but nothing seems to fix it.

The only thing I can think of that might be making it crash is the fact that I had to replace the game.dat file along with generals.exe in the zero hour directory with a different one since I'm on windows 10 and without doing that the game won't work at all. On my old computer I didn't have to replace these files so the crash doesn't occur on there.

I have some experience with Strategy Center crash and I may know the fix. But first, check whether this crash occurs when you select the Bombardment Battle Plan or when you select ANY battle plan for the second time. To check this, select bombardment first. Then, select any of the other two plans. On which mod do you experience this error?
Offline denko  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2018 6:26:42 PM(UTC)
denko
Private

Originally Posted by: ThePredatorBG Go to Quoted Post

I have some experience with Strategy Center crash and I may know the fix. But first, check whether this crash occurs when you select the Bombardment Battle Plan or when you select ANY battle plan for the second time. To check this, select bombardment first. Then, select any of the other two plans. On which mod do you experience this error?

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with selecting it a second time, but it mostly seems to happen when I'm pretty far into the game and the computer has a bunch of high tech units. If you use bombardment at that time, the game always crashes. I did pretty much everything regarding a fix (updating drivers/downloading a different version of the mod) but nothing I did fixed it. This happens on operation firestorm btw and doesn't seem to happen with any of my other mods. Did you find a fix?
Offline thepredatorbg  
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 11:33:22 AM(UTC)
thepredatorbg
Private
Bulgaria

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with selecting it a second time, but it mostly seems to happen when I'm pretty far into the game and the computer has a bunch of high tech units. If you use bombardment at that time, the game always crashes. I did pretty much everything regarding a fix (updating drivers/downloading a different version of the mod) but nothing I did fixed it. This happens on operation firestorm btw and doesn't seem to happen with any of my other mods. Did you find a fix?

I haven't played Firestorm much (though I did take a look), and I haven't tested this crash myself, but I can share some knowledge with St4lk3r (the mod creator), so he can fix it. You can ask him if such a bug really exists, and if so, I will tell him where to look if he's not aware why Strategy Center causes crash yet.

Edited by user Thursday, March 22, 2018 11:35:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline denko  
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 11:49:14 AM(UTC)
denko
Private

I haven't played Firestorm much (though I did take a look), and I haven't tested this crash myself, but I can share some knowledge with St4lk3r (the mod creator), so he can fix it. You can ask him if such a bug really exists, and if so, I will tell him where to look if he's not aware why Strategy Center causes crash yet.

As it turns out he actually got back to me about it yesterday, and he says it happens because there's one unit (or maybe multiple units) that don't freeze when you switch battle plans like they're supposed to. If that's the case I can't really do anything but find out what unit it is until he makes a fix for it.

I can actually prove this is the reason why it crashes because made a full base with all the types of buildings, and the strategy center wasn't making the game crash no matter what units I had. It's probably caused by some high tech unit that you need a generals point to get (like the titan tank) which is why the game crashes later in the match.
Offline king  
#11 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 10:49:27 AM(UTC)
king
Major

Sorry to revive an olf topic. But I got exactly the same error. Same numbers...strange. help if anyone can....the error comds 15 minutes in skirmish game. Units cannot move to their target area. In the end game crash.

Edited by user Monday, November 12, 2018 10:52:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Annihilationzh  
#12 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 6:21:52 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Originally Posted by: King Go to Quoted Post
Sorry to revive an olf topic. But I got exactly the same error. Same numbers...strange. help if anyone can....the error comds 15 minutes in skirmish game. Units cannot move to their target area. In the end game crash.

Mods make the game unstable. None of us know exactly what these "Uncaught Exception" errors mean.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.