Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AdrianeMapMaker  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 29, 2018 8:13:46 PM(UTC)
AdrianeMapMaker
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Philippines

Was thanked: 185 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I've creating teams many times ...the one that I am Curious is over the min and Max... What are they.. can I set the min different to the max? Or something like that.... What is min and max
A part of ZH worldbuilders map making community
https://discord.gg/tJ6zyGb

UserPostedImage

Sponsor
Offline Deinon  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 29, 2018 10:57:21 PM(UTC)
Deinon
Captain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: adrianemapmaker Go to Quoted Post
I've creating teams many times ...the one that I am Curious is over the min and Max... What are they.. can I set the min different to the max? Or something like that.... What is min and max

Min and max say how many of each unit type you specify will be generated on that team when the AI player tries to build it. If, say, you have a team with min 3 rangers, max 5 rangers, and min 1 missile defender, max 3 missile defender, then you'll get a team with a random number of rangers between 3 and 5 and a random number of missile defenders between 1 and 3, which will then execute whichever subroutine you specify that they execute when the team is finished being created.

For example, in a General's Challenge map I'm working on for the Chinese Infantry General, a certain team, when trained, will attempt to garrison a specific pillbox when created - or, if that pillbox no longer exists, they will simply be told to hunt for enemy units. Similarly, in the map I'm working on for the Syrian general's challenge from the Global Crisis mod, a random mix of soldiers will move to a designated rally zone within the enemy base and board a Hind helicopter, which will later deploy them on the ground outside your base and tell them to begin hunting while the helicopter provides close air support for them.

Min and max are a good way to mix things up so the player doesn't always see a wave of exactly X-number of Y-units being repulsed by their perimeter defenses every thirty seconds.
thanks 1 user thanked Deinon for this useful post.
Unknown Editor on 2/1/2018(UTC)
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 5:25:43 AM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)
One thing to keep in mind is that Min and Max only work when the AI tries to build the units using barracks/factories, if you spawn them using a script it will always spawn the max value.
Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
thanks 1 user thanked SkyMix_RMT for this useful post.
AdrianeMapMaker on 2/20/2018(UTC)