Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Jundiyy  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 7:01:33 AM(UTC)
Jundiyy
Captain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
OK I know these are basic questions but at the moment I am lost and do not know how to navigate or understand what to do.

My Main Objective is very simple (I think).
1. I simply want to change the colour of the crop duster, I have opened it but I just can't change the colour or even find the option. (I found a colour thing on the right but that just changes it for the program so it's easier to tell what you are doing.)

2. I would like to add 1 or 2 stripes to each side so the stripes would change colour per team.

Not the main things so not too bothered if it can't be done.

3. When I was messing around I somehow managed to be able to select each point of the plane and be able to move them around, making something bigger or smaller...but I don't know how to get back to that again.

4. I wanted to make each wing of the plane smaller and have pointy edges (which I managed to do the first time) but how can I make them equal on both sides? Is there some sort of guidance that tells you the size?

5. Last for now, when I was messing around I managed to do a square, a cone and a rectangle but I don't know where that stuff is now - lost again. I just wanted to added a cone or something to the plane to make it look a bit different.

Sorry for being a noob and
Thanks in advance
Jundiyy.
Sponsor
Offline acidbrain  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 3:53:44 PM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Was thanked: 574 time(s) in 364 post(s)
Jundiyy wrote:

1. I simply want to change the colour of the crop duster, I have opened it but I just can't change the colour or even find the option. (I found a colour thing on the right but that just changes it for the program so it's easier to tell what you are doing.)

You have to edit the texture, if you open the model in gmax/renx and check the texture you will find that it is set to Lakedusk, the cropduster texture is not displayed, the reason for this is that only one pass is saved when you export the model, the model uses a multipass texture, cvcdtpln and lakedusk, lakedusk is used for the shiny window, this is more advanced modding of the models texture.
Here is the cropduster texture:
Stuff

Jundiyy wrote:

2. I would like to add 1 or 2 stripes to each side so the stripes would change colour per team.
Not the main things so not too bothered if it can't be done.

You can do this by making an object called housecolor and use a housecolor texture.

Jundiyy wrote:

3. When I was messing around I somehow managed to be able to select each point of the plane and be able to move them around, making something bigger or smaller...but I don't know how to get back to that again.

4. I wanted to make each wing of the plane smaller and have pointy edges (which I managed to do the first time) but how can I make them equal on both sides? Is there some sort of guidance that tells you the size?

5. Last for now, when I was messing around I managed to do a square, a cone and a rectangle but I don't know where that stuff is now - lost again. I just wanted to added a cone or something to the plane to make it look a bit different.

I advice you to watch some youtube video tutorials about gmax to get to know the program...

Jundiyy wrote:

Sorry for being a noob

We all started as noobs, still am a noob myself, no need to apologize for that...

Greetz

Edited by user Thursday, May 24, 2018 11:27:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Panem et kirkinses
Offline Jundiyy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 29, 2017 7:58:55 PM(UTC)
Jundiyy
Captain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thanks for your help,
I did try to look up youtube before and after your help. Still not what I want. There probably will be something, at first I was typing in Zero Hour Gmax colour units bla bla bla
After you helped I typed in Gmax only and a few more vids came up.

I'm still stuck, I got to find the texture/colour stuff but I don't get what to do lol...
Can you put me a screen shot if that's possible?
I simply want to change the crop duster to any other colour apart from what it is and white and add 2 strips on each side that change colour...
Offline acidbrain  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 30, 2017 3:37:16 AM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Was thanked: 574 time(s) in 364 post(s)
If you want to change a color of a unit you have to edit the texture...

Cheers
Panem et kirkinses