Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Deinon  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 2:32:42 AM(UTC)
Deinon
Captain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
For a specific map I'm working on, the player is in control of a single unarmed individual on foot, trying to navigate a city without being spotted by hostile guards. I was hoping, if possible, to deny the player the ability to scroll around the map - the camera remains locked on your subject, and if you are spotted and being pursued it zooms in closer with some lens effects to simulate adrenaline. Occasional aerial bombings draw the attention of the guards away from the streets and towards the sky, offering a chance at safe passage while presenting an obvious danger.

Abusing the RTS format a bit, but it's narratively important. Another similar mission would put the player at the wheel of an ambulance in a city which is being bombed from the air. You have no weapons, your job is not to fight back, your job is simply to survive as long as possible while driving from disaster site to disaster site trying to rescue who you can and being wary of suicide bombers infiltrating the city.
Sponsor
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:27:35 AM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Make a script that makes the camera follow your unit and have it run every frame.
Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord