Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Russian_RotR_Lover  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 2, 2017 1:32:24 PM(UTC)
Russian_RotR_Lover
Private
Russian Federation

Hello. My name is Vic, at least it was my American name while I lived in USA. I am Russian, so forgive me if my English is a bit rusty. Played both C&C Generals and its expansion ZH when they came out. Few weeks back I accidentally saw a C&C RotR video on YouTube, and fell in love. Voices of soldiers were so funny and “Soviet” when I played skirmish for Russian Federation. I bet Americans who made this mode still think that Russians use words like “comrade” or “tovarish” nowadays. Which is ridiculous and funny!

Anyway, I’ve made a few maps for RotR using a World Builder, and successfully played with my wife and friend against NPC. It played properly, so I don’t have any questions about how to create regular Skirmish maps, with basic skirmish AI.
These were my first home made maps ever. But now I want to move forward and make a few story line maps and some experimental maps, both of which I could play with my family and friends. Before I will proceed, there are few fundamental questions that should define my work:
1. Is it possible (in Worldbuilder) to deny production of certain types of units for AI controlled army in skirmish mode. For example: I want AI controlled GLA to produce and use for war only Infantry units, with few vehicles. Will AI continue to play with these harsh conditions, or it will simply refuse to operate in skirmish mode???
2. Is it possible (in Worldbuilder) to modify particular units production cost, health and weapon ranges for skirmish games? If not for skirmish games, then for custom story maps, or crazy experimental multiplayer maps. If so, where can I find manuals for noobs that can teach me these aspects of Worldbuilder scripts. If there are no manuals I would appreciate step by step noob guide!!!!
You see, I’ve made a pretty big map (1500 × 700), so I want artillery for every country to fire at longer distances. Also I want GLA to produce mostly Infantry but at a 50% discount.

This is my first post ever on these forum, I registered a few hours ago. Sorry If I placed it in the wrong forum. And sorry if my English is rusty!
File Attachment(s):
My RotR Map.jpg (502kb) downloaded 27 time(s).
Sponsor
Offline Annihilationzh  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 2, 2017 5:08:15 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Russian_RotR_Lover Go to Quoted Post
1. Is it possible (in Worldbuilder) to deny production of certain types of units for AI controlled army in skirmish mode. For example: I want AI controlled GLA to produce and use for war only Infantry units, with few vehicles. Will AI continue to play with these harsh conditions, or it will simply refuse to operate in skirmish mode???

It won't cause any severe problems with the AI, just minor ones. You could always edit the AI scripts if you want to make major changes.

Click Edit>Scripts...>PlyrCivilian>New Script...>Actions if true>New>Map>Modify>Adjust the tech tree

I'm hoping that's enough info?

2. Is it possible (in Worldbuilder) to modify particular units production cost, health and weapon ranges for skirmish games? If not for skirmish games, then for custom story maps, or crazy experimental multiplayer maps.

Most of these are impossible in world builder. You can create individual units with excess health, but they have to be pre-placed on the map. Some of these are possible with a Map.ini though.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
#3 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2017 6:07:40 PM(UTC)
Russian_RotR_Lover
Private
Russian Federation

It worked!!!! GOD Bless You Annihilationzh! You are an Angel!!! Angel of War!!!

To make things even better could you please tell me how to rig General Promotion options. Is it possible to do it using only Worldbuilder? For example, I had forbid GLA the construction of Airstrip and two possible air units. But I afraid that AI may still distribute some point (or all 3 to them) in to the Aerial Acquisition GP unlock. Or even other players may put those points by mistake.

Appreciate it Annihilationzh, you are my guardian angel!!!

P.S.: also would help to remove some purchasable technology that some buildings provide. For example, I forbid GLA the construction of the Scorpion tank, so there is no need for GLA to buy any of the upgrades for this tank, such as Scorpion Rockets.

Edited by user Monday, July 3, 2017 6:13:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2017 6:37:31 PM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)

To make things even better could you please tell me how to rig General Promotion options. Is it possible to do it using only Worldbuilder? For example, I had forbid GLA the construction of Airstrip and two possible air units. But I afraid that AI may still distribute some point (or all 3 to them) in to the Aerial Acquisition GP unlock. Or even other players may put those points by mistake.

Script:
Player > Science > Set science availability

Script should look like:
*** IF ***
True.
*** THEN ***
[???] Player 'player0' set Science 'SCIENCE_YourScience' availability to Science availability 'Hidden'.
[???] Player 'player1' set Science 'SCIENCE_YourScience' availability to Science availability 'Hidden'.
[???] Player 'player2' set Science 'SCIENCE_YourScience' availability to Science availability 'Hidden'.
[???] Player 'player3' set Science 'SCIENCE_YourScience' availability to Science availability 'Hidden'.
[???] Player 'player4' set Science 'SCIENCE_YourScience' availability to Science availability 'Hidden'.
[???] Player 'player5' set Science 'SCIENCE_YourScience' availability to Science availability 'Hidden'.
[???] Player 'player6' set Science 'SCIENCE_YourScience' availability to Science availability 'Hidden'.
[???] Player 'player7' set Science 'SCIENCE_YourScience' availability to Science availability 'Hidden'.

P.S.: also would help to remove some purchasable technology that some buildings provide. For example, I forbid GLA the construction of the Scorpion tank, so there is no need for GLA to buy any of the upgrades for this tank, such as Scorpion Rockets.

Script:
Scripting > Remove a command button from an object type.

Script should look like:
True.
*** THEN ***
[???] Command button: 'Command_UpgradeGLAScorpionRocket' is removed from all objects of type 'GLAArmsDealer'.

!IMPORTANT!
After selecting the command button you want to remove, YOU MUST delete an invisible character that's at the end of the command button. To verify that this character is removed, please check if the world builder recognizes the command button.
UserPostedImage
If it recognizes the command button exists, then the character is still there, select the end of the text and press backspace.

This is how it should look like after you deleted the invisible character:
UserPostedImage

Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 4, 2017 12:39:29 PM(UTC)
Russian_RotR_Lover
Private
Russian Federation

Wow, I am one lucky Russian! I got two guardian angels! One from UK and another one from Portugal! GOD Bless you SkyMix_RMT !!! I am so lucky to find this Forum.

One remaining (for now!) question: Is it possible (in Worldbuilder) to set a limit for particular buildings in Skirmish games? For example, since I hinder my GLA so much by forcing them fight mostly using infantry, I want other factions to have less money than the GLA. So I want USA to be able to construct and control no more than 4 Supply Drop Zones. Also if enemy will destroy one or more of the Supply drop zones, USA should be able to build replacement ones, but never exceeding the overall limit of 4 per USA player.
Thank you!

It will take me some time to test all you’ve told me, since I am a noob. But I will surely be back and ask you for more.

Wish you all the best my saviors!

P.S.: ……… availability to Science availability 'Hidden'.

I have a small question regarding 'Hidden' part!
I tested it ones, and it worked: I did not see the GP I wanted to remove. But I got concerned: what if this works only for the Player controlled side, and AI can still “see” and choose these GP. They had ‘Disable’ option; maybe I should have chosen that one, to be sure AI doest waste it’s points for undesirable GP?

Edited by user Wednesday, July 5, 2017 12:01:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2017 8:07:01 AM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Is it possible (in Worldbuilder) to set a limit for particular buildings in Skirmish games? For example, since I hinder my GLA so much by forcing them fight mostly using infantry, I want other factions to have less money than the GLA. So I want USA to be able to construct and control no more than 4 Supply Drop Zones. Also if enemy will destroy one or more of the Supply drop zones, USA should be able to build replacement ones, but never exceeding the overall limit of 4 per USA player.

I don't know exactly how to do this, but this requires you to edit the skirmishscripts, for that you will need to import all skirmish scripts into your map, and then edit them there.

I have a small question regarding 'Hidden' part!
I tested it ones, and it worked: I did not see the GP I wanted to remove. But I got concerned: what if this works only for the Player controlled side, and AI can still “see” and choose these GP. They had ‘Disable’ option; maybe I should have chosen that one, to be sure AI doest waste it’s points for undesirable GP?

I'm not sure about this, just make 2 scripts, one for hiding the other for disabling, that way you're sure they're not going to buy them.

Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
Offline Pasha  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 10, 2017 4:56:23 PM(UTC)
Pasha
Captain
Turkey

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I have used following 2 scripts in my AOD map, to stop to built more then 4 Lazr_AmericaSupplyDropZones and permit to built if less then 4 Lazr_AmericaSupplyDropZones. It may help you to control number of building on battlefield.

Script_1

*** IF ***
Player '<This Player's Enemy>' has Greater Than or Equal To 4 unit or structure of type 'Lazr_AmericaSupplyDropZone' in the area '1Area'
*** THEN ***
'Lazr_AmericaSupplyDropZone' becomes Buildable (No)

Script_2

*** IF ***
Player '<This Player's Enemy>' has Less Than 4 unit or structure of type 'Lazr_AmericaSupplyDropZone' in the area '1Area'
*** THEN ***
'Lazr_AmericaSupplyDropZone' becomes Buildable (Yes)
[img]null[/img]

"Deactivate upon success" box must be emty in Script Properties Tag (second picture).

Edited by user Tuesday, July 11, 2017 3:13:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: adding pictures

Pasha attached the following image(s):
No_building.png
deactivate.png