Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Queryk  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2017 1:22:12 PM(UTC)
Queryk
Private

I started modding earlier this year. For a while, I just randomly changed some numbers and units for fun and just to see what would happen. When I realised modding was actually quite straightforward in ZH, I began modding with a goal. I wanted to make a mod/patch that would focus on 2 things primarily:

- It should make the game more balanced, but not only by tweaking numbers, like the unofficial 1.05 &
1.06 patch.
- It should make every faction more unique (e.g. laser should have more lasers)

There are many other mods out there, who accomplish some or even all of these requirements. However, I think this mod/patch should not mindlessly add tons of new units, buildings and upgrades. It should add some and maybe even remove some, it should buff/nerf units in order to create unique and balanced factions.

I am posting this here, because I think this mod can only achieve these goals if there are multiple people working together to make the game we all love an even better game.

What is there to gain for you? First of all, ofcourse, a new and inproved version of Generals Zero Hour. Secondly, a project like this will give every participant, experienced or new, new ideas for their own projects.

What are your thoughts on this? Would you like to participate? Do you think this goal is achievable?
Sponsor
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2017 5:53:17 PM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)
I like lasers, I could work on the Laser General.
Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
Offline Zatsupachi  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 2:34:13 AM(UTC)
Zatsupachi
Major

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 155 post(s)
So essentially:

Airforce - Has a bigger Airfield - Aircraft don't need to refuel - more helicopters(?)
Laser - has lasers strapped on EVERY single unit - everything that's ground-mechanical shuts down if there is no power.
Superweapons - has like the two other superweapons(the unused ICBM and Tomahawk Storm) - has like really good defense and - EMP(?) Strapped on EVERY single unit.

Infantry - Larger Paradops - Trains infantry in groups - does not have a vehicles are, at best, utility
Tank - A Better Tank Paradrop - Builds Tanks in groups(?) - Has to have a decent artillery(I don't understand why he doesn't have one)
Nuke - has radiation strapped on EVERY single unit. - Has a better nuclear missile - NUCLEAR ARTILLERY BARRAGE

Stealth - EVERYTHING STARTS OUT STEALTHED - Every unit is either an infiltrator-type unit or a sniper(?)
Demolitions - Has EXPLOSIVES strapped on the EVERY WEAPON(not just themselves)
Toxin - Has Toxins strapped on every unit - have like a Toxin Spray attack(I had a thing in my older projects where a bunch of armored crop dusters spray toxins in an area ala Carpet-bomb style) - A better Anthrax Bomb

--Literally sounding like my Generals Literal mod(that I'm probably going to work in parallel with another mod I had planned)--
"It's precision_bomber."

Death Label HAS BEEN RELEASED(go get v0.99):
http://www.moddb.com/mod...oads/death-label-ver-099

Next Episode:
precision_bomber's Zero Hour SCIENCE!
thanks 1 user thanked Zatsupachi for this useful post.
Unknown Editor on 6/29/2017(UTC)
Offline Unknown Editor  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 4:33:01 AM(UTC)
Unknown Editor
Major

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Zatsupachi Go to Quoted Post

Airforce - Has a bigger Airfield - Aircraft don't need to refuel - more helicopters(?)

I think Aircraft will need to refuel ; other hand it will be sth like Terbium wars which we don't really like it . and as you said We'll need more aircraft and helicopters .
I think it would be nice if we could make the Aircraft Carrier able to build by General Granger .

Infantry - Larger Paradops - Trains infantry in groups - does not have a vehicles are, at best, utility

I think New Infantry will be needed too .

Demolitions - Has EXPLOSIVES strapped on the EVERY WEAPON(not just themselves)

Maybe need it's Scud storm more Explosive and some new Explosive weapons ; which I'm not sure about what would they be . Also a Kind of Explosive Bomb as a General Special Power .
Asking is Not a Problem , Problem is Not to Know Something .

Operation : Dark Angel
Static : Launch Delayed
Reason : Uncool Terrain - Old Logic in use - Lack of Performance
Status : Applying new Terrain - Applying new Logic - Increasing Performance by 300%
Offline Annihilationzh  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 6:37:13 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Going way too far and completely unbalanced Zatsupachi. Your stealth would win every game with talented players.

The biggest balancing issue in the game is the overuse of Missile Infantry. I figure -15 range would help that a lot. The Nuke needs to deal way more damage and take out GLA holes.

For flavour, putting innate toxins in the toxin bomb truck. Plus a 2nd upgrade for both the demo and toxin bomb trucks. Laser obviously should have PDL on his planes.

Edited by user Thursday, June 29, 2017 6:42:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 7:04:05 AM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Unknown Editor Go to Quoted Post

...I think it would be nice if we could make the Aircraft Carrier able to build by General Granger ...

let me stop you there... uhmm no

UNLESS it is Only as the one you get in the mission then maybe. Many have tried makeing a working carrier but the games dosnt like it.

I've got a nasty version that works but its very uhm... Yea I would not try to make a mobile air field cool idea very hard to work correct. Like I said if you use the one you get in a mission (nerf it some) then yes as its a building I haven't tried to make it "mobile" par say hmmm I'll have to work a quick code up.

Also little side question if I make code will someone be willing to test it. I can use worldbuilder to get it as close as I can but not as good as in gameplay. If not no problem

EDIT
Nuke destroying gla holes maybe it has a "double" explosion one for the shockwave another for actual explosion

Edited by user Thursday, June 29, 2017 7:07:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

9Q_1P at your service. Moddin help and mod maker ranges from paradrop planes, aircraftcarriers and yes snow men with death lazer eyes

Want a peek? Visit this page
Advanced warfare
Offline Annihilationzh  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 8:06:39 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
What about converting the aircraft carrier into an airfield for airforce general?

Originally Posted by: qqqqqqqqqp Go to Quoted Post
Nuke destroying gla holes maybe it has a "double" explosion one for the shockwave another for actual explosion

The vanilla nuke has 6 explosions already. But for some reason 5 of them do no damage. Easy to fix.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.