Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline rey  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 12:53:38 PM(UTC)
rey
Major

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
i wonder if it's possible to use some heli with infantry transport capabilities and add it somehow a PDL to shoot down missiles? usually PDL is used with OverlordContain and a turret, which probably will make conflict with HelixContain to provide transport capabilities.. how to solve this, maybe there is other way?
Sponsor
Offline Annihilationzh  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 2:49:00 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Both of Airforce general's chinooks have this, so yes.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline rey  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 5:40:14 PM(UTC)
rey
Major

em, can you please provide some code? i actually want to try make this as i never saw PDL on flying transports so have no clue which Chinooks could have it..
Offline acidbrain  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 12:18:09 AM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Was thanked: 574 time(s) in 364 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rey Go to Quoted Post
no clue which Chinooks could have it..

Originally Posted by: Annihilationzh Go to Quoted Post
Both of Airforce general's chinooks have this

That hint was rock solid so you could have a clue for sure if you were not too lazy too investigate...

em, can you please provide some code?

Since you want to be spoon fed here it is kiddie...
Code:

Behavior = PointDefenseLaserUpdate ModuleTag_Laser_One 
    WeaponTemplate        = AirF_PointDefenseLaser
    PrimaryTargetTypes    = BALLISTIC_MISSILE SMALL_MISSILE
    ScanRate              = 33
    ScanRange             = 500.0
    PredictTargetVelocityFactor = 1.0
  End

It is also handy to give the model a weapon bone from which the laser can shoot, that will be your next question...

i actually want to try make this as i never saw PDL on flying transports so have

Playing the game would help in this problem...

If i sounded a bit grumpy it is because i just get grumpy from lazy people who dont want to invest the time and energy to take care of their own problem first, they rather want to be spoon fed, people like this will never become modders because they have the wrong attitude, now let that soak in for a while and dont become angry at me but at yourself because the problem is within you rey...

Greetz

Panem et kirkinses
Offline rey  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 3:02:17 AM(UTC)
rey
Major

Originally Posted by: acidbrain Go to Quoted Post
That hint was rock solid so you could have a clue for sure if you were not too lazy too investigate...
Since you want to be spoon fed here it is kiddie...

or maybe i just play a mod installed on repack of Generals and there is no original ZH files even to look at. and i thought it's more logical to ask people who definitely have access to original, than to download few GB torrent in search of few lines, 'cause otherwise i don't understand what is the point of forum at all(if not to ask).

It is also handy to give the model a weapon bone from which the laser can shoot, that will be your next question...

if you'd be less about trying to shame me, you'd notice that in my original question i was exactly making example with contain-turret, 'cause i'm in search of only code-solution with no model modification, and PointDefenseLaserUpdate seemed to not work in this situation.(unbelievable for you, i actually tried smt) and don't even think i'm angry, i just find your answer not helping.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 24, 2017 3:03:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Zatsupachi  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 3:44:35 AM(UTC)
Zatsupachi
Major

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Still tho, you've essentially thrown your excuse of keeping the original ZH files, this always a thing when installing mods, it is to keep the original files.

Even Vanilla generals has examples of pdl, look at the paladin. Is there ANY reason why it wouldn't work on an aircraft?

It really just comes down to experimenting with in-game examples.
"It's precision_bomber."

Death Label HAS BEEN RELEASED(go get v0.99):
http://www.moddb.com/mod...oads/death-label-ver-099

Next Episode:
precision_bomber's Zero Hour SCIENCE!
Offline acidbrain  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 5:44:12 AM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Google: INIZH ->top link will provide you with the original ini files
Google: c&c zero hour pdl ->Top link will provide you with all the units that have pdl

Now you have the original ini files and the units that use pdl, it is now a matter of opening files and use ctrl-f...
Is that so hard to do?
Now thats what i mean with putting some effort into it.
You got a good answer from Annihilationzh, this answer provided you with enough info to find it yourself instead of asking to be spoon fed...
You have a mighty search engine under your fingers, it is called GOOGLE...

rey wrote:
if you'd be less about trying to shame me

Not trying to shame you, just pointing out your lazyness. stop crying and face yourself...

Greetz

Edited by user Wednesday, May 24, 2017 5:45:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Panem et kirkinses
Offline rey  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 9:05:34 AM(UTC)
rey
Major

admire your logic: if i didn't say directly word by word "i did this, this and this" it means i did nothing. so here we go to be sure:
- container turret and transport abilities are in conflict;
- adding weapon and PointDefenseLaserUpdate as an experiment does nothing;
- simply adding PointDefenseLaserUpdate does nothing.
i have no desire to mess with model if it's a Must for this method to work.

i checked Paladin that was in mode(container-turret use = no use), checked Paladin in original(same = no use), checked Chinook in origin(nothing except PointDefenseLaserUpdate, found no statements about bones for PDL = no clue how it works).
so finally it brings it to the very start and first question: is there some hints how it works and why it may not work?

please, better post nothing that again this arrogant speeches. if i'm "so lazy" why spend time on answering?!
especially after dozens of threads on forum from other people with "i want to make new unit/new faction, but i know nothing and want smb to do everything" and still lots of advices and help -those are better places for "you lazy"-shaming, but i fail to see same there. and bad mood of anybody is not my guilty to read all this arrogance.
Offline acidbrain  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 12:20:45 PM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

It really isnt hard to do so here we go:
It is as simple as adding the pointdefense module to the helo you want but...Be sure that the LaserBoneName mentioned in Weapon.ini is available on your helo...
A bone looks like this
UserPostedImage
If we take a look in Weapon.ini we will find this...Now focus on LaserBoneName, what do you see, right...WEAPONA01...Got it now
Code:

Weapon AirF_PointDefenseLaser
  PrimaryDamage       = 100.0
  PrimaryDamageRadius = 0.0
  AttackRange         = 65.0 
  DamageType          = LASER
  DeathType           = LASERED
  WeaponSpeed         = 999999.0     ; dist/sec 
  DelayBetweenShots   = 250         ; time between shots, msec
  ;DelayBetweenShots   = 1000         ; time between shots, msec
  ClipSize            = 0            ; how many shots in a Clip (0 == infinite)
  ClipReloadTime      = 0            ; how long to reload a Clip, msec
  AcceptableAimDelta  = 180          ; Don't need to turn at all.
  AntiSmallMissile    = Yes
  AntiProjectile      = No
  LaserName           = AirF_PointDefenseLaserBeam
  LaserBoneName       = WeaponA01
  FireFX              = WeaponFX_PaladinPointDefenseLaser
End

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------
;If you add this code to a map.ini the normal chinook has pdl, only in
;Zero Hour btw because the chinook in vanilla generals hasnt got the WEAPONA01 bone

Object AmericaVehicleChinook
  AddModule
      WeaponTemplate        = AirF_PointDefenseLaser
      ScanRate              = 0
      ScanRange             = 200.0
    End
  End
End

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------
;If you want to use another bone you have to make a mod
;If you for example want to use the EXITSTART01 bone for the laser you have to adjust
;the pdl module and you have to create a new entry in Weapon.ini...

WeaponTemplate        = AirF_PointDefenseLaser_CustomBone
    ScanRate              = 33
    ScanRange             = 500.0
  End

Weapon AirF_PointDefenseLaser_CustomBone
  PrimaryDamage       = 100.0
  PrimaryDamageRadius = 0.0
  AttackRange         = 65.0 
  DamageType          = LASER
  DeathType           = LASERED
  WeaponSpeed         = 999999.0     ; dist/sec 
  DelayBetweenShots   = 250         ; time between shots, msec
  ;DelayBetweenShots   = 1000         ; time between shots, msec
  ClipSize            = 0            ; how many shots in a Clip (0 == infinite)
  ClipReloadTime      = 0            ; how long to reload a Clip, msec
  AcceptableAimDelta  = 180          ; Don't need to turn at all.
  AntiSmallMissile    = Yes
  AntiProjectile      = No
  LaserName           = AirF_PointDefenseLaserBeam
  LaserBoneName       = EXITSTART01
  FireFX              = WeaponFX_PaladinPointDefenseLaser
End

Yeah im arrogant and im a noob, i know, i have to carry that cross and that sucks especially now it is summer, sweating my ballls off ffs...
It is a matter of reading code made by the devs and trying if it works on your model, asking others to solve your problem is easy, every noob can do that, solving your own problems just gives a magical feeling, the feeling of victory, all i want is that you really try to solve the problem before you start asking, my methods are blunt sometimes but if you experience the magical feeling of victory when you solve your own problem you know why i am reacting as a blunt d.ick sometimes and push you towards solving your own problems...

Greetz

Edited by user Thursday, May 24, 2018 12:51:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Secret

Panem et kirkinses
Offline Gameanater  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 12:36:54 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
I don't mean to act bossy or anything, or act like a moderator, but I do request that both of you Rey and AcidBrain try to keep it civil. Otherwise an actual moderator might see this and decide to lock the topic, or worse.

Furthermore this could shy away newcomers if they see this post and get a bad impression from how *both* of you are acting.

Rey, please put some time into doing research yourself before posting here, as AcidBrain IS right in that it makes you look like you want to be spoonfed the answers.

Acid, I understand do share your frustration but I would try to be a little more patient and a bit less rude is all.

Rey (again), AZH gave you a great hint from the beginning on how to solve the issue. AirF doesn't use HelixContain/OverlordContain and nearly all of his aircraft have PDL on them. It's super-easy to copy that code onto another unit. And even Vanilla Generals has the Paladin PDL, which I copied onto the AirF Comamnche.

Also, ALWAYS make back up copies of the original files when installing mods. Better yet, copy the directories of Zero Hour to wherever you wish on your computer and you can have as many mods as your hard drive has space for.

Peace out. Thumb Up

Edited by user Wednesday, May 24, 2017 12:39:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
thanks 2 users thanked Gameanater for this useful post.
UTD^Force on 5/24/2017(UTC), SkyMix_RMT on 5/25/2017(UTC)
Offline acidbrain  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 12:48:28 PM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

With all due respect Gameanater, this conversation is far from getting out of hand, there is a bit of condensation but hey thats life and that happens sometimes, you can try to be a referee but that is not necessary...

Greetz
Panem et kirkinses
thanks 1 user thanked acidbrain for this useful post.
Gameanater on 5/24/2017(UTC)
Offline Gameanater  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 12:52:06 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
With all due respect Gameanater, this conversation is far from getting out of hand, there is a bit of condensation but hey thats life and that happens sometimes, you can try to be a referee but that is not necessary...

Greetz

Yeah I know, it's still well in hand but I guess I'm just kinda concerned that it could easily escalate lol. I mean I think we did almost end up completely closing the Off-Topic section because several topics DID escalate like that.

Maybe my concern is unwarrented, but I was still concerned is all. Absolutely nothing bad was meant against either of you. Smile
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline acidbrain  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 1:14:01 PM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Originally Posted by: Gameanater Go to Quoted Post

Greetz

Yeah I know, it's still well in hand but I guess I'm just kinda concerned that it could easily escalate lol. I mean I think we did almost end up completely closing the Off-Topic section because several topics DID escalate like that.

Maybe my concern is unwarrented, but I was still concerned is all. Absolutely nothing bad was meant against either of you. Smile

Well thanks for your concern Gameanater, i know it comes from a good heart but my comments also come from a good heart although sometimes im a blunt d.ick...Big Smile

Greetz
Panem et kirkinses
thanks 1 user thanked acidbrain for this useful post.
Gameanater on 5/24/2017(UTC)
Offline UTD^Force  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 1:18:39 PM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Was thanked: 184 time(s) in 168 post(s)
Well.

Rey, have you solved your problem?
Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

Moderator and former map reviewer
CnC Labs
Offline rey  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 2:04:34 PM(UTC)
rey
Major

@acidbrain thank you for detailed and informative answer. i couldn't check Chinook 'cause of absence of model, and i'm super-stupid about modeling as a whole. but with this tip i can guess that model of heli i'm trying to modify has no LaserBone for sure, and most probably that's why PointDefenseLaserUpdate does nothing.

checked all the lines in code pointing to any bones model has(even Flare one's), tried all of them with LaserName - and no luck. seems like only variant here could be to edit this unlucky model, which is not in my power, seriously. so lets consider case closed.

thanks everyone, sorry for taking your time.
Offline acidbrain  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 2:12:51 PM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Well rey, first of all sorry that i behaved like a blunt d#ck...
If you upload your model we can check if we can get it to work for you, there are a few modelers over here who can fix it for you for sure...

Greetz
Panem et kirkinses
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 2:43:21 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 45 post(s)
*stupid* hardly you're new so you have a lot on your plate understand able. Few years ago I was in your place I was also really young and wanted a lot of things given to me but once I found out how to get it myself instead of waiting for someone to get it for me I could find it myself and attempt my idea fail and be trying to fix it. I still have questions sometimes as I've never tried *bike logic* so it just blows my mind when ever I try it. If this is your first time working with having to model and code then that's a large jump and you will have problems everyone does. I've never really attempted pdls but I did take a crack at one of the most annoying ideas possible in my opinion and that was makeing a working aircraft carrier and I danged near got it to work but becuase this game has limits I have a working carrier but its quite a hassle. So in hopes of keeping everyone happy and in a friendly mood. I end this speech thigy????

NOW to the real thing you want to put a point defense laser on a helicopter am I correct?

Using a mod you've lost the main files for generals??? If possible I'd work towards getting the mod uninatlled or getting the main files somehow
Question do you have gmax/renx to edit models if so one of use might be able to send a model and code of a unit that has the point defense laser working on it for you to pick apart and apply to your idea. As I use a phone for most posts to the forum I might not be able to help as I'm about to hit my data.... but I might use the last of my data to help.
9Q_1P at your service. Moddin help and mod maker ranges from paradrop planes, aircraftcarriers and yes snow men with death lazer eyes

Want a peek? Visit this page
Advanced warfare
Offline rey  
#18 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 7:01:12 AM(UTC)
rey
Major

@acidbrain no any offense man, i'm sorry too for being harsh.

so i was digging further for any other PDL units i can find in some mods and stumbled upon smt i never thought could work:
Quote:
Behavior = HelixContain ModuleTag_05
Slots = 4
ScatterNearbyOnExit = No
DamagePercentToUnits = 10%
AllowInsideKindOf = INFANTRY PORTABLE_STRUCTURE
ExitDelay = 250
NumberOfExitPaths = 1
GoAggressiveOnExit = Yes
PassengersInTurret = Yes
PayloadTemplateName = AmericaVehicleBradleyLaserTurret
DoorOpenTime = 2000
End
a transport ability + contain-turret that takes no place O_O
but eventually i understood that again this turret appears on proper bone of unit so again it's no use. still very interesting peace of code, little bit shame can't use it right now.

@qqqqqqqqqp gmax/renx don't want to work properly on my system, so it's not only my No-skills-modeling, it's no ability to even check model.

i started to think of other way to provide PDL, and as i had some thoughts to make maybe like a burst-ability for drop-"under fire" or -escape under same conditions, eventually i found solution with using a spawning few PDL drones that looks quite ok visually. now i only need to tweak their behavior to maximum protection/less wandering, and have to think if i wanna mess with anti-tank shells(meant use PDL for anti-projectile). after all it'll be 15 sec ability with 40 sec recharge and i'd wish it could be used both as protection while caring drop, or as a protection for just now dropped units.

so yeah, now case is almost for sure closed. thanks everyone for paying attention!