Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline zero hour mad map maker  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 1:23:13 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Canada

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 119 post(s)
So there's this big thing going on in the United States about the FCC abolishing "Net Neutrality in the U.S" I have read several articles on it, but remain somewhat skeptical. I interpret it as that if it is removed, that internet freedoms would be very limited in the U.S? Right?

Well, here's an article from Mozilla:

"Net neutrality is the freedom to say, watch and make what we want online without interference from internet service providers. Two years ago, after hearing from nearly 4 million people urging it protect the open internet, the FCC passed rules protecting net neutrality.

Why should we protect net neutrality?

Net neutrality is fundamental to free speech. Without net neutrality, big companies could censor your voice and make it harder to speak up online. Net neutrality has been called the "First Amendment of the Internet."

Net neutrality is fundamental to competition. Without net neutrality, big Internet service providers can choose which services and content load quickly, and which move at a glacial pace. That means the big guys can afford to buy their way in, while the little guys don't stand a chance.

Net neutrality is fundamental to innovation. Without net neutrality, creators and entrepreneurs could struggle to reach new users. Investment in new ideas would dry up, and the internet would start to look more and more like cable TV: a zillion channels and nothing on.

Net neutrality is fundamental to user choice. Without net neutrality, ISPs could decide you watched too many cat videos in one day and throttle your Internet speeds leaving you behind on the latest Maru memes.
Ready for Anything! --- C&C Labs Staff , Maps Staff , Moderator
Sponsor
Offline ItsPronouncedEze-ell  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 4:19:58 PM(UTC)
ItsPronouncedEze-ell
Private

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This reminds me of something...
HMMMMMM....

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -Denis Prager, from Prager University
Offline acidbrain  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 13, 2017 1:49:24 AM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Was thanked: 574 time(s) in 364 post(s)
The people in power dont want us to speak up against their fascist system, they want us to work and consume so they can make money, Fire, water and government know nothing of mercy.
The ruling class doesnt like thinking and educated people they are a risk to the system because those people are able to wake other people up.
Social justice warriors and political correctness are the greatest threats to freedom of speech.
On the net they created the fake news hoax so they can pull down any news they want because the ruling class doesnt think it is fit to be real news...

~People who are easily offended had parents who werent fit to be parents...
Panem et kirkinses
Offline Annihilationzh  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 13, 2017 5:43:32 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Without Net Neutrality, you are truly in a Dystopian society. And your country voted for it.

Edited by user Saturday, May 13, 2017 5:54:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline zero hour mad map maker  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 13, 2017 5:58:23 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Canada

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Annihilationzh Go to Quoted Post
'Net Neutrality' is freedom. Kinda like being allowed to move from one state to another or being able to talk to people in different countries. Or talk to people of certain belief systems or whatever.

Without Net Neutrality, your government (or your internet company) could just decide one day to stop you from being able to talk to Europeans or Asians or even people outside of your city/town/village. They control what you're allowed to see. They could even limit what political party you're allowed to see or what media you're allowed to watch.

Without Net Neutrality, you are truly in a Dystopian society.

Damn.......

Ready for Anything! --- C&C Labs Staff , Maps Staff , Moderator