Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 3:44:41 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Ok so we all know how when a aurora bomber drops its payload it slows down becuase code tells it to.

But if you make the bomber able to reload mid flight it ignores the entire subsonic supersonic code.

Is there a way to keep this logic even mid flight? After shooting its payload it slows down till it reloads. The code points to the RETURN_TO_BASE part of the bomb in the weapon.ini and the auroras locomotor setter "return for ammo locomotor type"
9Q_1P at your service. Moddin help and mod maker ranges from paradrop planes, aircraftcarriers and yes snow men with death lazer eyes

Want a peek? Visit this page
Advanced warfare
Sponsor
Offline mr_hymn_  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 8:56:53 PM(UTC)
mr_hymn_
Major
Thailand

Was thanked: 145 time(s) in 127 post(s)
No you can't aurora will not turn on SUPERSONIC mode even ammo is not empty why?

It's simply if you fly the aurora over enemy base without order to attack it will fly with regular speed which will be killed before pass through their defenses.

Aurora will starts to use her ability after you clicked on a target for her she will activate her supersonic mode.

If you making an ammo unlimited she will use her supersonic mode to hit the first target once she is done she will use her normal speed circling over enemy base (idle time) for 10 seconds then return to the base with her normal speed so in that time she will get killed like before.

The only way she will become super fast and never get caught is while attacking for unlimited ammo she will flying around and keep attacking the building until destroyed so once done she will be killed. You have to keep ordering her to attack to keep her alive.

So if you want her to become super fast, just look into her ini then replace the SET_SLUGGISH to SET_SUPERSONIC she will be fast while she is attacking but this time she still be able to get attacked. As I see she may survived the return base but a few seconds later when she is in the airfield enemy missiles is coming to hit her. It's kinda weird.

All in all if you want her to be super fast and never get caught. Then replace this code to your aurora code.

Code:

Behavior = JetAIUpdate ModuleTag_07
    OutOfAmmoDamagePerSecond    = 0%    ; amount of damage to take per SEC (not per frame) when out of ammo
                                         ; note that it's expressed as a percent of max health, not an absolute
    TakeoffDistForMaxLift       = 0%   ; larger numbers give more lift sooner when taking off
    TakeoffPause                = 500
    MinHeight                   = 5
    SneakyOffsetWhenAttacking   = -20.0  ; this is how far behind us people aim when we are in attack mode
    AttackLocomotorType         = SET_SUPERSONIC
    AttackLocomotorPersistTime  = 10000    ; we start slowing down almost immediately
    AttackersMissPersistTime    = 10000   ; but remain untargetable fer a bit longer
    ReturnForAmmoLocomotorType  = SET_SUPERSONIC
    ReturnToBaseIdleTime        = 10000         ; if idle for this long, return to base, even if not out of ammo
  End

This way she will never never never slow down and she will need at least 10 seconds after hit the target to be vulnerable again. 10 seconds is enough for her to back and dock at the airfield with ease.

Edited by user Friday, April 21, 2017 9:05:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: fix the english.

Offline mr_hymn_  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 9:04:10 PM(UTC)
mr_hymn_
Major
Thailand

Normally she takes about 3 seconds to slow down I mean from SUPERSONIC to SLUGGISH so I changed it to 10 seconds.

And normally she will be invulnerable from any attacks after released a bomb for 2 seconds so I changed it to 10 seconds. This is enough for her to hit and return to base for reload without scratch.

I have been facing a same problems trying to solve the aurora sluggish until I found out this. It works my aurora can attack and return without scratch.
I would recommend to make a unit separately because it's OP in an enemy's hand.

It's sad enough that you being forced to get hit before able to hit her. Only EMP, NUKE explosion can kill her during supersonic.

It's work because I am using this tactics to make buildable A10 thunderbolt can dive and hit a target then return with same high as always.
Offline Zatsupachi  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 11:02:02 PM(UTC)
Zatsupachi
Major

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 155 post(s)
(Speaking of Supersonic units)

I found a bit of a way of damaging Supersonic units.
The reason why you can't hit one in the first place(even with hitscan weapons) is that one value under it's JetAIUpdate called 'SneakyOffsetWhileAttacking'. It's an integer value that makes so that units AIM an X number of units BEHIND the Supersonic aircraft.

So, to damage Supersonic units, you'd need an anti-air weapon that explodes mid-air with at least the X units blast radius of SneakyOffsetWhileAttacking.

In regards of slowing down mid-flight and speeding back up-- there's not much I can say there.
"It's precision_bomber."

Death Label HAS BEEN RELEASED(go get v0.99):
http://www.moddb.com/mod...oads/death-label-ver-099

Next Episode:
precision_bomber's Zero Hour SCIENCE!
Offline mr_hymn_  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 11:44:38 PM(UTC)
mr_hymn_
Major
Thailand

This code is what made aurora always missed a hit during attacking stage.
Code:

SneakyOffsetWhenAttacking   = -20.0

You can adjust like -100 to make enemy missed a lot further from a target too.

Anyway 2 of below code is a key
Code:

AttackLocomotorPersistTime  = 10000
AttackersMissPersistTime    = 10000

This
Code:
 AttackLocomotorPersistTime 
is how long after aurora attacks will starting to slow down. by default is 3000 or 3 sec

This
Code:
 AttackersMissPersistTime 
is how long after aurora hit the target will still become missed target. by default is 2000 or 2 sec
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 12:53:31 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Well i was trying to find a away to switch locomotors. Like using bike logic for everything eles might take a look at the specter gunship as I think it slows down as its attacking then speeds off map. But it might be useing reverse to the aurora. Wasn't really NEEDING this just something I'd tinker with to get used to modding ZH again.
9Q_1P at your service. Moddin help and mod maker ranges from paradrop planes, aircraftcarriers and yes snow men with death lazer eyes

Want a peek? Visit this page
Advanced warfare