Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline loveBomber  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 30, 2017 9:44:10 AM(UTC)
loveBomber
Private

Hello!
I'm trying to create a simple wave/ round based 2 player map. Both player positions are in the center of the map, a 3rd dummy position is in the top left. I put the Easy Tank General AI there (in the in-game lobby) which I modified in my skirmish scripts (it was never used anyway).
I can spawn an instance of a Battlemaster team at some waypoint and let it attack move to the center of the map, based on an ESCALATION counter first and then a wave counter later.

The question now is: How can I create X teams at wave Y?
I wish I could do something like this:
Every 60secs: Increase _ATTACK_WAVE by 1. Set a counter named _SPAWN_BMS to let's say _ATTACK_WAVE.
Every frame: If _SPAWN_BMS > 0, then spawn a team (at some (_SPAWN_WAYPOINT++)%8) and decrement _SPAWN_BMS.
However, the italic part is where I am failing right now. I can only set my _SPAWN_BMS counter to a fixed value. Shock

Is there anything I can do to realize that? I've had a look at the timer stuff but that doesn't seem right either. I've thought maybe I would need to start additional scripts recursively or iteratively (which then spawn additional teams in the future) but I hope I can avoid that just with a counter or 2.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: Oh this is probably the wrong forum, sorry!

Edited by user Friday, March 31, 2017 3:21:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline loveBomber  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2017 10:52:12 AM(UTC)
loveBomber
Private

I could not figure this out yet, not even a workaround by starting extra scripts.
This is a one time bump if anyone has an idea.

Btw. I've thought about just trying to do this by editing SkirmishScripts manually in a text editor (let's say OpenOffice Writer) but I cannot open the file (no matter which character sets and/ or fonts) without seeing messed up characters. This is probably because the editor writes some non-text-formatted bytes into the file but is it possible to edit the scripts like that?
Offline zero hour mad map maker  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2017 1:14:20 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Canada

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Here is one of my maps that you can take a look at that utilizes counters and waves extremely well. Though, I have not finished/released this map yet, as it needs some minor bug fixing. However, the bugs are in the map design/geographical features and layout; NOT the scripts. The scripts work amazing!

It should be in the script section: "Nuke_MasterMind", oh and do not pay attention to the GLA in each of the folders, I was originally going to make the boss GLA based, but then changed my mind :). I hope this sets a good example!

However, in your case with it utilizing Skirmish maps, editing those scripts are much more complex than making a AOD or mission set map that uses wave-counters.

So now I am somewhat unsure if my map would provide an example, but you're more than welcome to poke around it and makes changes/test it in game for your own personal experiments/uses :)

Edited by user Wednesday, April 12, 2017 1:21:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
Nuclear Meltdown.zip (204kb) downloaded 20 time(s).
Ready for Anything! --- C&C Labs Staff , Maps Staff , Moderator
thanks 1 user thanked zero hour mad map maker for this useful post.
loveBomber on 4/19/2017(UTC)
Offline loveBomber  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 4:50:44 PM(UTC)
loveBomber
Private

Oh nice, that's great!
Downloading now, will report back (hopefully) tomorrow!
Thanks.
Offline zero hour mad map maker  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:07:14 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Canada

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Thank you!

Sounds good! I'll be waiting to see what comes up. ;)
Ready for Anything! --- C&C Labs Staff , Maps Staff , Moderator