Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gameanater  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 6:00:16 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Hello all.

I'm currently not able to do any modding myself at the moment, let alone test this idea to see how well it would work, but nonetheless I thought i'd share it. It's probably a fairly simple addition that anyone could do in under 10 minutes, but here we go.

What if there were special "Flailing Death" versions of infantry? By that I mean there are two duplicate versions of regular infantry that are identical except that they always use their "EXPLODED" death where they are launched a few feet in the air and flail about until they land. A practical use for these could be in placing a few units at the edges of cliffsides so that they will more or less fall down the cliff when killed, or a few in a scripted sequence that are there simply to be run over, but instead of being shoved around they're sent flying in the air some when the car hits them.

Examples -

- AmericaInfantryRangerFLAILDEATH

Identical to AmericaInfantryRanger except that it will use its "EXPLODED" death for all deaths except for "POISON" and "BURNED".

- AmericaInfantryRangerFLAILDEATHCRUSH

Instead of using its death for "EXPLODED" for all deaths, it will only use it for "EXPLODED" and "CRUSHED". Killing it with a machine gun for example will not send him flailing about in the air. Getting run over by a Technical will.

Practical uses in maps -

- The map maker places a few of AmericaInfantryRangerFLAILDEATH on the side of a cliff, so that when they're killed they're likely to fall off into the ocean below.

- The player is guiding a single modded Technical that is effectively a really fast Overlord, and they are expected to guide it to a base. Along the way are scripted points where the enemy USA AI will send in Chinooks to a road the player must have the Technical follow, and will Rapple down several normal Rangers and AmericaInfantryRangerFLAILDEATHCRUSH units in front of the Technical's path for the player to run over (terrible tactic in real life, fun for the player in a single-player map). The player's Technical runs over the Rangers and sends about half of them flying in the air.

- Similarly, AmericaInfantryRangerFLAILDEATHCRUSH units would be useful for a Cinematic in which they are crushed by, say for example, a bunch of Technicals.

---

What do you think?

Edited by user Wednesday, February 22, 2017 6:00:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Typo

Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Sponsor
Offline Zatsupachi  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 7:06:30 PM(UTC)
Zatsupachi
Major

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 155 post(s)
You mean, just do this:

Code:

Behavior = SlowDeathBehavior ModuleTag_DeathFlail
    DeathTypes          = ALL -BURNED -POISONED -POISONED_BETA -POISONED_GAMMA
    SinkDelay           = 3000
    SinkRate            = 0.5     ; in Dist/Sec
    DestructionDelay    = 8000
    FX                  = INITIAL FX_RangerDie
    FlingForce          = 8
    FlingForceVariance  = 3
    FlingPitch          = 60
    FlingPitchVariance  = 10
  End

Quite frankly I'd just go with infantry going "SPLAT" when no matter what death type.

Code:

Behavior = InstantDeathBehavior ModuleTag_Death01
    DeathTypes          = ALL -BURNED -POISONED -POISONED_BETA -POISONED_GAMMA
    FX                  = INITIAL FX_InfantryGib
  End

FX_InfantryGib being a fxlist that makes them exploded into bits and cloud of blood.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 22, 2017 7:10:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"It's precision_bomber."

Death Label HAS BEEN RELEASED(go get v0.99):
http://www.moddb.com/mod...oads/death-label-ver-099

Next Episode:
precision_bomber's Zero Hour SCIENCE!
thanks 1 user thanked Zatsupachi for this useful post.
Gameanater on 2/24/2017(UTC)