Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Jundiyy  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2017 6:53:19 PM(UTC)
Jundiyy
Captain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi,
So I have been trying to figure out what all these things in this option mean, as I think its the answer to my scripting. Player - Owns - Player has (comparison) kind of unit or structure in an area.

I have 2 scripts,
1. If player0 has units in area "Finish Game" Then Market is transferred over to player0

2. If player0 has Equal to 0 unit or structure with Kind is STRUCTURE in the area "Finish Game" Then Market is removed from this world.

My Problem, I wanted the player to get a free market (which is off the map, outside the border - this part works perfect), player0 gets this "invisible market" now if he loses all his buildings, he wont die as this market is still his and is off map, so I made the 2nd script to destroy the market.
The problem now occurs, if the player has a defensive building, or garrisoned a civilian building or has a reinforcement pad in his control AND has NO BUILDINGS or ANY UNITS, he is still alive, until these defence/civilian buildings are destroyed. (A bit like Red Alert, you didn't need buildings to live, just your last unit was enough).

I know its because I used "structure" but I don't know what else to use as I don't know what they mean and I don't have a manual. EA manual isn't so clear as well.
I don't mind if the defence keeps you alive, but the civilian buildings, I don't think that makes sense, (I have tried it as well, as soon as you exit the building, you will die as now you don't own any buildings).

Any help plz?
Sponsor
Offline klingondragon  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2017 7:10:00 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
You could use 'MP_COUNT_FOR_VICTORY'. As long as the market doesn't have that as one of its KindOfs (If it does you could try using a map.ini to change the KindOfs).
Offline acidbrain  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2017 3:48:52 AM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Was thanked: 574 time(s) in 364 post(s)
Make an area with the same size of the border and check if the following kindof´s are owned by the player in that area:
GARRISONABLE_UNTIL_DESTROYED ; Garrisonable buildings and such
TECH_BUILDING ; Oilderricks, reinforcementpads and such
TECH_BASE_DEFENSE ; base defense buildings and such
SPAWNS_ARE_THE_WEAPONS ; Firebase and stuff

There are more options so here are all the kindof´s:

Panem et kirkinses
Offline Jundiyy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2017 4:06:07 PM(UTC)
Jundiyy
Captain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thank you to both, I didn't understand the first answer too much.
I managed to get it close to my needs by simply complicating the border area for "Finish Game" but making it come into the oil/tech building and as close as possible to its spawn point.
Basically this building is not included in the area anymore.

But it does mean, if someone did have his last building left and built it in the exact same spot then he would lose his market, but I think that is very very rare, 0.01%.
I have another question which I have been looking for but I think it's best I start a new topic?