Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline EpicBlitzkrieg87  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2016 3:31:31 PM(UTC)
EpicBlitzkrieg87
Private

This is gonna sound weird and many C&C fans are oblivious about this, but there's an Arabic version of C&C Generals and Zero Hour. I'm native Arabic speaker and I've got it, the GLA in that version speak Arabic but China and the USA's unit quotes remain the same.

The voices of the GLA quotes in that version differ a lot from the English version, even some quotes so for example the Scud Launcher in English says "To the heavens!" but in the Arabic version it says "!الى الجحيم" "To hell!" (pronounced ila al-jaheem), (direct translation of course).

Ever since I discovered that the GLA units originally speak English, I wanted to here how they sound like and what they say and I really got into them.

So the point is, can I somehow change my GLA's unit quotes to English?? It would be really nice :)

Edited by user Thursday, December 22, 2016 3:34:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline zero hour mad map maker  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2016 5:39:19 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Canada

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Well, I'd assume that if you're are using the Arabic ZH there will be a file in the ZH directory titled Arabic.big. You need to find (perhaps you can download it somewhere too) English.big to replace the Arabic.big. However, I have NEVER tried that, so don't quote me on that one.

But, I think the easiest way to hear all the GLA voices that you desire,is to follow this Youtube video, (there will be other videos on the sidebar with the Vehicles, and other infantry quotes.

GLA English Voices

Edited by user Thursday, December 22, 2016 8:07:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ready for Anything! --- C&C Labs Staff , Maps Staff , Moderator
Offline Annihilationzh  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2016 5:45:28 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Zero Hour Mad Map Maker Go to Quoted Post
Well, I'd assume that if you're are using the Arabic ZH there will be a file in the ZH directory titled Arabic.big. You need to find (perhaps you can download it somewhere too) English.big to replace the Arabic.big. However, I have NEVER tried that, so don't quote me on that one.

The English audio files are inside an English folder inside the big files. The English files would have to be extracted from the big files and placed in the Arabic folder.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
thanks 1 user thanked Annihilationzh for this useful post.
zero hour mad map maker on 12/22/2016(UTC)
Offline zero hour mad map maker  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2016 8:08:41 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Thanks for correcting me and providing the extra info!

Try doing that strategy to give your GLA units the English voices.

Though I do have a question, won't the GLA units still speak Arabic since both the Arabic and English voice files are in the same .big directory?

Edited by user Thursday, December 22, 2016 8:10:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ready for Anything! --- C&C Labs Staff , Maps Staff , Moderator
Offline Annihilationzh  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2016 3:52:13 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Though I do have a question, won't the GLA units still speak Arabic since both the Arabic and English voice files are in the same .big directory?

The game has file priorities. If you extracted the English files to an Arabic folder, they will be used and the Arabic ones in the big file will be ignored. Big files override each other in alphabetical order; A.big would override Z.big if they share files.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline klingondragon  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2016 6:47:35 AM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
but putting files in the ZH directory and not in a big overrides everything.
Offline EpicBlitzkrieg87  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2016 7:24:06 AM(UTC)
EpicBlitzkrieg87
Private

But, I think the easiest way to hear all the GLA voices that you desire,is to follow this Youtube video, (there will be other videos on the sidebar with the Vehicles, and other infantry quotes.

GLA English Voices

I didn't find Arabic.big though, every file I found that is related to audio has "English" in it
Offline EpicBlitzkrieg87  
#8 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2016 7:40:05 AM(UTC)
EpicBlitzkrieg87
Private

Originally Posted by: Annihilationzh Go to Quoted Post

The English audio files are inside an English folder inside the big files. The English files would have to be extracted from the big files and placed in the Arabic folder.

These are the files I have:

Data

MSS

support

A1213R (DLL file)

AudioEnglishZH (BIG file)

AudioZH (BIG file)

BINKW32 (DLL file)

DrvtMgt (DLL file)

EnglishZH (BIG file)

game.dat (DAT file)

Generals.dat (DAT file)

generals (Application)

Generals (Icon)

generals.lcf (LCF file)

GeneralsZH (Icon)

gensecZH (BIG file)

INIZH (BIG file)

Install_Final (BMP file)

irunin.dat.lng (LNG file)

langdata.dat (DAT file)

launcher (BMPG file)

launcher (Text Document)

MapsZH (BIG file)

mss32 (DLL file)

MSVBVM50 (DLL file)

Music (BIG file)

MusicZH (BIG file)

options.ini (Text Document)

P2XDLL (DLL file)

patch (Microsoft Word)

patchgetdata.dat (DAT file)

patchw32 (DLL file)

readme (Microsoft Office)

SECDRV.SYS (System file)

ShadersZH (BIG file)

SpeechEnglizhZH (BIG file)

SpeechZH (BIG file)

TerrainZH (BIG file)

TexturesZH (BIG file)

W3DEnglishZH (BIG file)

WindowsZH (BIG file)

WorldBuilder (Application)
Offline Annihilationzh  
#9 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2016 3:00:03 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: EpicBlitzkrieg87 Go to Quoted Post
These are the files I have

Odd. I assumed, like ZHMMM, that you'd have language-specific files and folders. Ok then. You should be able to replace them directly with English versions of the big files, if you can obtain some.

Offline R.I.P  
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2016 4:33:40 AM(UTC)
R.I.P
Captain

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
From where did you get the Arabic version because I would like to play the game in Arabic :)
جبت النسخة العربي منين عشان عايز اجرب اللعبة بالعربي :)

Edited by user Saturday, December 24, 2016 4:35:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

It's me your friendly modder ZOMBATAR!