Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Spacehead  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2016 7:43:14 PM(UTC)
Spacehead
Private
United States

So I got with the times and got a new computer screen so now the game is all stretchy when I play it, How would I go about squareing it off so the game looks normal again? I have the Windows Vista
Sponsor
Offline klingondragon  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2016 4:54:03 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
Screen resolution option in the in game options or in the options.ini file in your documents. Or you could use the command line options -xres and -yres on your usual shortcut.
Offline Spacehead  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2016 11:02:57 PM(UTC)
Spacehead
Private
United States

yeah that doesn't really help, sorry. what I'm basicly asking is how do I get the games box screen 1280 x 960 screen to not go completly full screen on a rectangle monitor at 1280 x 768. I never heard of yres or xres either, I have Windows Vista
Offline acidbrain  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 12:29:06 AM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Was thanked: 574 time(s) in 364 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Spacehead Go to Quoted Post
I never heard of yres or xres either

What Klingon is talking about are command line arguments, if you right click the shortcut to the game, go to properties and add the following command line argument to the source: -win -xres 1280 -yres 768 your problem should be solved...
Your path should look something like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer(tm) Generals Zero Hour\generals.exe" -win -xres 1280 -yres 768
You can also add -quickstart if you don't want the game intro...spaces are important so check that...
Here is some more info about command line arguments...

Cheers

Edited by user Friday, June 10, 2016 12:32:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Secret

Panem et kirkinses
Offline klingondragon  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 2:56:46 AM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

I would advise not adding -win. You don't need it to change the resolution and it actually makes the game harder to play.

Edited by user Friday, June 10, 2016 2:58:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked klingondragon for this useful post.
acidbrain on 6/10/2016(UTC)
Offline acidbrain  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 5:40:10 AM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Was thanked: 574 time(s) in 364 post(s)
Originally Posted by: klingondragon Go to Quoted Post
I would advise not adding -win. You don't need it to change the resolution and it actually makes the game harder to play.

Didn't know that Klingon, maybe that's why my script debugger is running so bad, started the switch with -win...
Thanks for the tip, much appreciated...

Cheers

Panem et kirkinses
Offline klingondragon  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 5:50:57 AM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

It shouldn't affect scripts. All it does is put the game in windowed mode. It makes moving around the map harder and also you have have a bar across the top. It could be useful in map or mod development (e.g. if you had multiple monitors you could have the game on one and the worldbuilder on another and it would be easy to switch between them).
Offline Gameanater  
#8 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 7:36:13 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
GenTool fixes that, I think. My dad has three widescreen monitors and I think GT fixed the problems he was having with it.
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
thanks 1 user thanked Gameanater for this useful post.
Spacehead on 6/11/2016(UTC)
Offline klingondragon  
#9 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 8:12:45 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

I just use the built in ratio. I use 2 different screens so it saves me switching the settings every time.
Offline Spacehead  
#10 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2016 1:38:07 AM(UTC)
Spacehead
Private
United States

Originally Posted by: Gameanater Go to Quoted Post
GenTool fixes that, I think. My dad has three widescreen monitors and I think GT fixed the problems he was having with it.

Cool thanks, thats awesome. I like that it also displays the time in the corner.

I don't know what these other guys are talking about, I'm sure the option to type things in your icon properties exists somewhere, but not on my operating system. That must be a Windows 7 or 8 feature or something.
Offline klingondragon  
#11 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2016 3:40:07 AM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

It isn't about the OS. It's on every OS since xp and (don't hold me to this) I'm pretty sure it it works on older ones too.
Offline Spacehead  
#12 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2016 12:56:04 AM(UTC)
Spacehead
Private
United States

my issue is resolved so it doesn't matter