Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gameanater  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 7:16:57 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Some upgrade ideas for Zero Hour...

--- Leg Augmentations - USA Vanilla, Laser, and SupW

Purchased from: Barracks

Cost: $1000

Infantry are upgraded with cybernetic leg enhancements, increasing the movement speed of all US infantry (Rangers, MD's, Burton, Pathfinders, and Pilots) by 50%

Comments: Pretty basic. I could see this being useful for quick micromanagement.

--- Move Silent - USA SupW

Purchased from Particle Cannon?

Cost: $1200

Pathfinder's boots are given electronic sound dampeners that effectively allow them to stay stealthed while moving in addition to shooting.

Comments: This would make Pathfinders even more deadly than they already are, but at the same time it's fairly hard to come by. I'm not sure but I think this may actually be impossible to code, because of how the stealth modules work.

--- Electrostatic Discharge - China Tank

Purchased from Prop Center

Cost: $1000

Tank shells become charged with EMP, shutting down vehicles and buildings when at least 3 tank shells hit the same area.

Comments: Using the Historic Bonus Count thing in weapon.ini, this would be very possible to code and would be kept fairly balanced. This would help Kwai out with the fact that he has no long-range weaponry but would still give other units some chance to do something back or get away if they end up within range.

--- Super Knife - All USA's

Purchased from Strategy Center

Cost: $1500

Reinforces Colonel Burton's knife with an unknown, extremely strong material, allowing him to sneak up onto a vehicle and stab the driver while leaving the vehicle open for capture.

- Or -

Reinforces Colonel Burton's knife with an unknown, extremely strong material, allowing him to sneak up onto a vehicle and stab it, causing it to explode.

Comments: I got this idea from the patched-out bug where Colonel Burton could stab grounded aircraft. Here, he can stab a tank and cause it to blow up, or stab the driver and leave it open to capture, giving the USA a similar ability to Jarmen Kell's vehicle snipe or China's neutron shells or neutron mines.

--- Drones for USA infantry

Build them at any USA infantry

Same cost as the regular drones

Comments: This would probably be best for USA AirF or SupW, in my opinion, because it fits their themes well enough. Simply put, any USA infantry can build a drone buddy for themselves like a vehicle.

--- Revenge - GLA Vanilla

Purchase from Palace

Cost: $1250

When an infantry unit takes damage, all following attacks from that infantry will deal double damage for 10 seconds.

Comments: Could add more late-game value to infantry like even the humble Rebels, but is unfortunately this upgrade is just impossible to code.

--- Fragmentary Rounds - GLA Demolitions

Purchase from Palace

Causes shots from ballistic weapons (Quad Cannon, Technical, Rebel, Jarmen Kell) to explode on impact, inflicting radius damage.

Comments: Could give bullet shots an orange tracer and tons of sparks for the damage effects. This could very useful against clumped-up units and China players, since Chinese units have to group up to get Horde Bonus.

--- Incinerary Rounds - All Chinas

Purchase from Prop Center

Coats bullets with napalm, causing shots from ballistic weapons (Red Guard, Gattling weapons) to create small fires on impact. Can be upgraded with Black Napalm.

Comments: I really want to try this. This could be done by making a weapon object with no art or that is so tiny it can't be seen, an attaching a fire particle thingy to it, and in the new entry in Weapon.ini setting the weapon to create a small OCL upon impact. Only thing is that weapon firebone code would have to be added to the units.

--- Second Wind - GLA Toxin

Purchase from Palace

Cost: $2000

Infantry will mutate into Anthrax Alpha Mutants upon death. Anthrax Mutants have low HP, but are extremely fast-moving and can lob balls of Anthrax Alpha at ground and air units, as well as clear out structures. Anthrax Mutants explode into a cloud of toxins upon death, leaving a small pool of poison behind.

Comments: Fast zombies with ranged attacks. Heheh.

--- Camouflage - GLA Stealth

Purchase from Palace

Same cost as vanilla GLA

Stealths all infantry when they are not attacking, except for the Angry Mobs. Terrorists will also only be stealthed when not moving.

Comments: Really putting a lot of emphasise on Kassad's STEALTH. Ha.

--- Nuclear Suic!de - China Nuke

Purchase from Prop Center

Same cost as Isotopes

Equips all infantry, vehicles, and even aircraft with a small nuclear explosive that detonates upon their death, or can be detonated at will from the press of a button.

Comments: This would replace the fairly useless Isotopes ability, since a lot of players forgo it in favor of using the nuclear explosion to send their speedy Nukemasters into the enemy's face and deal out damage when they blow up. This would effectively turn every unit into a nuclear Terrorist for Tao.

--- Communist Pathfinders - China Infantry

This the Pathfinder Science General's Point thing from the USA, but for the China Infantry General.

Comments: China finally has a sniper unit. This helps Fai out against USA Pathfinders, which would often be the undoing of a manspam strategy for Fai.

--- Mag Rail - USA SupW

Purchase from Strategy Center

Cost: $2000

Gives Colonel Burton the prototype Mag Rail Lasergun, which is slow-firing but very powerful and can shoot through walls and buildings.

Comments: This would make Burton very powerful against all unit types, minus the minor inconvienence of not firing very fast. Plus, he could shoot right through walls, which would be a huge headache for the enemy.
The only problem is that Burton would have to have his KindOf "ATTACK_NEEDS_LINE_OF_SIGHT" removed, which would let his regular weapon fire through walls. So maybe a better option would be to simply replace the SupW Burton with the Mag Rail Burton to begin with, no upgrades needed.

Thoughts, anyone?

Edited by user Wednesday, April 6, 2016 1:15:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Typo

Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Sponsor
Offline Zatsupachi  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2016 10:48:43 AM(UTC)
Zatsupachi
Major

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Move Silent

You can however, Make a completely Stealthed version of the Pathfinder and when the upgrade is purchased, you change the barracks commandset and replace the pathfinder with the completely stealthed version.

Electrostatic Discharge

Why don't you just give him Artillery?

Super Knife

You can have the knife let out a FireOCL with a an object emitting a KILL_PILOT weapon but only when its upgraded otherwise the object doesn't do anything but kill itself.

Revenge

There is a module somewhere out there called "FireWeaponWhenDamaged"(citation needed). You have the weapon fire an OCL that gives Frenzy status to the rebel err sumthin.

Fragmentation/Incendiary Rounds.

You can make a very small projectile emitting a STREAK ParticleSystem. Which makes it so that you can ProjectileDetonationOCL and ProjectileDetonationFX on weapons.

Railgun Burton

First of all... Railguns aren't lasers.
They're molten metal shot at VERY high speeds. Its the vapor trail that makes it look like a laser.

You can make it so that Burton's default weapon is a small projectile just like above. Making a weapon that has a Projectile also opens up ProjectileCollidesWith. And you put the appropriate conditions.
When the weapon is upgraded, you make the same entry from the default weapon only with ProjectileCollidesWith commented out/removed.

If you also want the bullet damage everything in between its intended target, you can have projectile emit a FireWeaponUpdate and make sure it doesn't kill Burton himself.
"It's precision_bomber."

Death Label HAS BEEN RELEASED(go get v0.99):
http://www.moddb.com/mod...oads/death-label-ver-099

Next Episode:
precision_bomber's Zero Hour SCIENCE!
thanks 1 user thanked Zatsupachi for this useful post.
Gameanater on 4/6/2016(UTC)
Offline Gameanater  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2016 4:10:03 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Move Silent -

That is an excellent idea. I think I will do that, though if the AI will make use of this upgrade that may mean having to create duplicates of the teams with Pathfinders to start building teams with the completely Stealthed Pathfinders, and that means basicaly also creating new versions of the scripts involving Pathfinders.

Electrostatic Discharge -

Mostly because I feel that artillery simply does not fit the Tank General's intended playstyle. In my opinion, he seems like he should be built for spamming out tanks and taking out the enemy with sheer brute force and numbers.

I also just realized that for his Battlemasters, I'd have to edit the tank shells instead of weapon.ini. I'd have to edit the tank shell object to fire an OCL upon detonation after the upgrade has been purchased, but that prevents use of the HistoricBonusCount thing. Ah, trade-offs. Maybe this would be better suited to the Emperor Overlord?

Super Knife -

Wouldn't KILL_PILOT also kill Colonel Burton? Because if I remember correctly, the Neutron Shells for the Nuke Cannons deal KILL_PILOT damage which also instantly kills the infantry.

Probably not too hard to work around, though, and it is a very good idea to use OCL code for that. Maybe instead make the knife become a short-range projectile weapon fires the KILL_PILOT type of damage.

Revenge -

I can't recall if I've seen that module before or not. I may have to find that .txt with all the Modules and see if there's an entry for that. If there is, that would be perfect!

Frag./Incen. Rounds -

True, and I may just try that out. Thanks!

Railgun Burton -

Oh, I forgot. Whoops.

That is a very good idea, but that still leaves the ATTACK_NEEDS_LINE_OF_SIGHT KindOf problem. If Burton has it removed, it won't matter whether his weapon has the ProjectileCollidesWith part, he'll still attempt to fire through walls. If he has the ATTACK_NEEDS_LINE_OF_SIGHT KindOf and the weapon's object does not collide with anything, he'll still be required to get a direct line of sight before firing. So with option #1, he'll furiously try to gun down the building or vehicle in the way of his target, which would be rather annoying for the player, until the upgrade is purchased, and with option #2 he won't be able to make much use of the non-collision either way. That's why I think it'd be better to make SupW's Burton have the Mag Rail/Railgun from the start.

Quote:
If you also want the bullet damage everything in between its intended target, you can have projectile emit a FireWeaponUpdate and make sure it doesn't kill Burton himself.

How would I make sure the FireWeaponUpdate wouldn't hit Burton?

Here are a couple more ideas, not all of which are upgrades.

--- New Drones, for SupW General

- Biotox Attack Drone

Fires projectiles that explode into a small cloud of Anthrax upon impact. Devastating to infantry, but nearly-worthless against vehicles. Can be upgraded with Anthrax Beta.

- Aggressive Defense Drone

Shoots down incoming missiles with a laser that can also target all unit types, but for little damage. The primary purpose is missile defense.

(Basically a Paladin's laser with an increased rate of fire and less damage, but works against all unit types.)

- Regeneration Drone

A drone that rebuilds damaged tissues and repairs vehicles in the surrounding area, but has no combat abilities.

(So basically, the Battle Drone without the Battle part and does a much better job at the healing part.)

--- Upgrade: Vision Enhancement - All USAs except AirF

Cost: $1300

Implants within the eyes vastly improve vision, increasing infantry's shroud clearing range by 50% and granting Colonel Burton the ability to detect stealthed units.

--- Upgrade: Neural Domination/Loyalty Reassignment - SupW

Cost: $2000?

Gives Colonel Burton's Mag Rail a secondary firing mode that will rewire the target's brain to change their allignment to the user. Cooldown time of 20 seconds. Can target infantry, vehicles, and aircraft, but ineffective against buildings.
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline Zatsupachi  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:14:05 PM(UTC)
Zatsupachi
Major

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 155 post(s)
How would the KILL_PILOT weapon/FireWeaponUpdate not kill Burton?

Weapon property DamageRadiusAffects.
DamageRadiusAffects = ENEMIES
"It's precision_bomber."

Death Label HAS BEEN RELEASED(go get v0.99):
http://www.moddb.com/mod...oads/death-label-ver-099

Next Episode:
precision_bomber's Zero Hour SCIENCE!
thanks 1 user thanked Zatsupachi for this useful post.
Gameanater on 4/7/2016(UTC)