Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Feldmarschall  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2016 7:14:59 AM(UTC)
Feldmarschall
Private

Hello,
Hello, i have the C&C GEnerals Deluxe Edition and i play on the latest Version 1.04. I installed the Enhanced Mod and the Patch successfully. But when i click to the launcher the normal ZeroHour Version opens in a own mirror. there is no error message.
changing the settings before i launch the game hasn't helped me.
so can anyone help me?
Sponsor
Offline Annihilationzh  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2016 12:10:06 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
What do you mean 'opens in a own mirror'?
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline Rrtaya_tsamsiyu  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2016 2:13:47 PM(UTC)
Rrtaya_tsamsiyu
Colonel
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 139 post(s)
He's referring to the splash screen. Feld, check the install path of the mod, alot of the time mods try to install in the first decade directory instead of the zero hour directory. Also check if the mod has its own launcher, if it does then make sure you are clicking it's launcher instead of the regular one.
one soul at a time
Offline Feldmarschall  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 7:06:06 AM(UTC)
Feldmarschall
Private

i installed the mod in my Zerohour directory in Programe(X86)/Games/ZeroHour; of course not in documents or any other folder. there is the Enhanced-Launcher in the ZeroHour folder and i clicked on it set the settings right and then startet the game. But then the normal ZeroHour opend in the splash screen.
like i said i have the Generals Deluxe Edition - not the First Decade or the Ultimate COllection.
Furthermore i had to use a no-cd-Crack because i have Windows 10 an i find no way to launch the game without the crack - besides this i think a No-CD-Crack usefull because i do not need the CD in my cd-drive.
ok what can i do?

Offline Rrtaya_tsamsiyu  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 2:21:04 PM(UTC)
Rrtaya_tsamsiyu
Colonel
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 139 post(s)
If it's installed in the right place then it should work, not sure what it's doing. I suppose you could rename all of the mod's files so they have the .ini extension, usually that's what mod launchers do automatically before starting the ZH. Then start the game from the regular ZH application. But if it works you wouldn't be able to play normal ZH until you changed the file extensions back.
one soul at a time
Offline Feldmarschall  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 12:27:22 PM(UTC)
Feldmarschall
Private

it is installed in the right place. I send a message to the Facebook-Site of C&C-Generals Enhanced and they helped me. they told me to change same files-endings from .enh to .big and or dll. and then the game startet but with toe following problems:
1: if i click on the Enhanced-launcher the Mod launches in the mirror (i send you the screenshot). so the Mod is running but in the mirror
2: if i click on the Normal ZeroHour Exe also the mod is running and not the normal ZeroHour game. in this case the game is running on complete view and not in the mirror.
3: in both cases the game chrashes after some minutes to the desktop. and then the following error message appears: "you have encountered a serious error. Serious errors ... etc."
bevore installing the Mod my ZeroHour 1.04 runs complete normal, i had no problems. Driver, Directx are correct.
by the way: is it possible to have the mod successfully installed and play the mod as well as the normal zeroHour Version? or do i have to uninstall the mod if i want to play normal ZeroHour?

the latest message from the Enhanced team told me that they can not help me. So is there any help of you guys?