Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tank Destroyer  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2015 6:18:45 AM(UTC)
Tank Destroyer
Captain
Philippines

Are this things gonna be possible to do:
1. Whenever power runs out then all of the player's units cannot attack but can still move, and the player's units also change armor to a weaker one.
2. Raptor jets will be able to alternate between flying and hover mode(like a helicopter hover)
3. Raptor jets will be able to switch weapons(Plasma weapons or Nuke barrage(I made custom weapons for Raptors xD)
4. Make a projectile just pass through units(Ofcourse dealing damage to the units it passes through), and the projectile will stop when a certain distance has been reached.

I just wanna know if it's possible to do those things, or if I can't do it then is there an alternate way of similarly achieving it?

And one last question, where can I find the battleship unit? I wanna make a unit that looks like the battleship but can move and attack. I only found the aircraft carrier but I can't seem to find the battle ship Dead
Currently learning how to create 3D models with GMAX so that I can make my C&C Generals Zero Hour mod even more better. :)
Sponsor
Offline AMGIntermission  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2015 8:51:00 AM(UTC)
AMGIntermission
Major

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
This feller needs to read up on balance! and its vital importance in gaming!

Quote:
A feature where it's possible to acquire new hardware even nuke-tips for guided missiles should exist somewhere! have I mentioned this already? 15k

Have seen some of the features you've suggested on Mods,

Edited by user Monday, June 29, 2015 8:53:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Opportunity

UserPostedImage
Offline Zatsupachi  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2015 9:01:39 AM(UTC)
Zatsupachi
Major

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 155 post(s)
1. No, as far as I know.
2. Yes! Combat Bike Logic.
3. Yes. Look at how Rangers change weapons.
4. Yes! Make the weapon not collide with anything, Make the projectile of the weapon emit a damage field using ECM Tank Logic.
5. Check under AmericaMiscUnit.ini, AmericaVehicleBattleShip You'll have to modify it a bit to make it move, use weapons and all that.

Unless you... Want me to actually code these for you.

Edited by user Monday, June 29, 2015 9:07:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"It's precision_bomber."

Death Label HAS BEEN RELEASED(go get v0.99):
http://www.moddb.com/mod...oads/death-label-ver-099

Next Episode:
precision_bomber's Zero Hour SCIENCE!
thanks 2 users thanked Zatsupachi for this useful post.
Tank Destroyer on 6/29/2015(UTC), HarleyZed on 7/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Tank Destroyer  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2015 10:12:24 AM(UTC)
Tank Destroyer
Captain
Philippines

AMGintermission wrote:
This feller needs to read up on balance! and its vital importance in gaming!

Well, if you're saying that those units I plan to make are gonna be overpowered, well, it's not going to be like that. I've made a weakness in the new General I'm making that when you lose power then all the units get shut down(like Laser General). So all the Plasma/Laser/Railgun weapons are gonna be useless the second you lose power Approve

Zatsupachi wrote:
1. No, as far as I know.
2. Yes! Combat Bike Logic.
3. Yes. Look at how Rangers change weapons.
4. Yes! Make the weapon not collide with anything, Make the projectile of the weapon emit a damage field using ECM Tank Logic.
5. Check under AmericaMiscUnit.ini, AmericaVehicleBattleShip You'll have to modify it a bit to make it move, use weapons and all that.

Thanks dude Smile

Zatsupachi wrote:
Unless you... Want me to actually code these for you.

Well I usually try my best to do things myself. The only time I ask for people to code it for me is when I really can't do it and when it seems impossible for me(but I think I can manage to make this Smile)
Currently learning how to create 3D models with GMAX so that I can make my C&C Generals Zero Hour mod even more better. :)
Offline Tank Destroyer  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2015 10:43:30 AM(UTC)
Tank Destroyer
Captain
Philippines

Wait, I have another question(just came up on me), is it possible that when a certain upgrade is finished then the unit will be immune to EMP attacks.
Code:
KindOf   = PRELOAD CAN_CAST_REFLECTIONS CAN_ATTACK SELECTABLE VEHICLE SCORE AIRCRAFT POWERED EMP_HARDENED

I want the EMP_HARDENED part to only be available when the upgrade is finished. Will something like this work: ?
Code:
KindOf = Conditions = PLAYER_UPGRADE PRELOAD CAN_CAST_REFLECTIONS CAN_ATTACK SELECTABLE VEHICLE SCORE AIRCRAFT POWERED EMP_HARDENED

Or maybe this: (?)
Code:
ArmorSet
    Conditions            = PLAYER_UPGRADE
    Armor                 = Energy
    KindOf = PRELOAD CAN_CAST_REFLECTIONS CAN_ATTACK SELECTABLE VEHICLE SCORE AIRCRAFT POWERED EMP_HARDENED
    DamageFX              = SupW_OCL_PatriotEMPEffectSpheroid
  End

>>>EDIT:<<< Ah nevermind I found the necessary code it in the AirforceGeneral.ini file
Code:
Behavior                = ArmorUpgrade ModuleTag_Armor25
    TriggeredBy           = Upgrade_AmericaCountermeasures
  End

Edited by user Monday, June 29, 2015 11:07:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline klingondragon  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 2:20:45 AM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
I didn't think countermeasures did that.
I was under the impression that it made the aircraft semi-immune to missiles.
Offline Tank Destroyer  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 6:07:56 AM(UTC)
Tank Destroyer
Captain
Philippines

Originally Posted by: klingondragon Go to Quoted Post
I didn't think countermeasures did that.
I was under the impression that it made the aircraft semi-immune to missiles.

That was just a piece of code I got in AirforceGeneral.ini, the real code that I did is:
Code:
Behavior = ArmorUpgrade ModuleTag_Armor25
TriggeredBy = Upgrade_AWATDEnergyArmor
End
Offline AMGIntermission  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 6:32:00 AM(UTC)
AMGIntermission
Major

Wasn't referring to the idea you had for units, Mainly the power situation on attacking armies? Suppose it could be like an EMP field covering a vast radius? suggestion's a tad unreasonable though Plays-down one of our best opportunities....
UserPostedImage
Offline Tank Destroyer  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 9:46:21 AM(UTC)
Tank Destroyer
Captain
Philippines

Originally Posted by: AMGintermission Go to Quoted Post
Wasn't referring to the idea you had for units, Mainly the power situation on attacking armies? Suppose it could be like an EMP field covering a vast radius? suggestion's a tad unreasonable though Plays-down one of our best opportunities....

Ok...

Though I got another idea that came up on me, but I don't know exactly on how I can do it. I'm planning on adding and artillery unit to my custom faction
but I want it's attack to be like this:
The unit can attack in a similar way like the Particle Cannon but instead, 5 laser beams will shoot out(shoots like a Particle Cannon) and deal large damage in a small area. But I don't know how to do that Sad
Offline AMGIntermission  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 4:25:21 PM(UTC)
AMGIntermission
Major

The balance on 5 particle beams is NON-existent! I don't even think the games graphic capability could cope with such a sudden death without a glitch? would even make light work of a Command Centre, Also if these 5 particle beams Spiral around in a circle motions; have seen it before....
UserPostedImage
Offline Tank Destroyer  
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2015 4:58:50 AM(UTC)
Tank Destroyer
Captain
Philippines

The balance on 5 particle beams is NON-existent! I don't even think the games graphic capability could cope with such a sudden death without a glitch? would even make light work of a Command Centre, Also if these 5 particle beams Spiral around in a circle motions; have seen it before....

You don't get what I mean...

I don't want it to shoot the Particle Cannon projectile(the big laser beam), I want it to rain down/shoot a set of projectiles at an area in a similar way the Particle Cannon shoots out the laser beam but instead of the big laser beam it will only fire like 5 small laser projectiles that does a bit of damage but still not as damaging as the real Particle Cannon laser beam...
Offline AMGIntermission  
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2015 6:19:47 AM(UTC)
AMGIntermission
Major

Then how about taking this idea away from the (SW) P-cannon concept and just presenting it as an updated Fire Dragon with a Plasma addition (giving the flame more body and presence) Seems too powerful as an SW....
UserPostedImage
Offline Tank Destroyer  
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2015 10:00:15 AM(UTC)
Tank Destroyer
Captain
Philippines

Then how about taking this idea away from the (SW) P-cannon concept and just presenting it as an updated Fire Dragon with a Plasma addition (giving the flame more body and presence) Seems too powerful as an SW....

The unit I'm making isn't supposed to be a Super Weapon(SW) it's just supposed to be an artillery unit that has slow movement, I just want it to be able to shoot out 5 laser shots(that isn't much powerful or devastating), I want the unit to shoot that like a Particle Cannon would do, which is shooting the projectiles up then after a few seconds the projectiles would rain down on the a small targeted area
Offline AMGIntermission  
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2015 2:22:14 PM(UTC)
AMGIntermission
Major

This is a common ability in Sci-fi games (I.e D.O.W), I suppose as a unit what you'll have to do then; is create a something with 5 reflectors on it, that has a link to the Particle Cannon....

Quote:
As you may know the actual cannon itself fires a laser upward to a satellite that then reflects the beam downward onto the battlefield....

Edited by user Thursday, July 9, 2015 3:59:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Touched up....

UserPostedImage
Offline Zatsupachi  
#15 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2015 12:16:52 PM(UTC)
Zatsupachi
Major

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Well, if you want a unit the shoots ala-Athena Cannon. Then I suggest making "projectiles" to shoot at the target and when the "projectile" detonates, it spawns a particle beam object with a damage field.

Then after, you'll only have to make a visual representation of it shooting to a particle beam relay satellite.
"It's precision_bomber."

Death Label HAS BEEN RELEASED(go get v0.99):
http://www.moddb.com/mod...oads/death-label-ver-099

Next Episode:
precision_bomber's Zero Hour SCIENCE!
thanks 2 users thanked Zatsupachi for this useful post.
CommieDog on 7/3/2015(UTC), Tank Destroyer on 7/7/2015(UTC)