Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TiberianHistory  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2015 10:54:13 AM(UTC)
TiberianHistory
Private

I am having issues using the 'HelicopterSlowDeath' module, currently it spins very erratically and never actually hits the ground and disappears!

I never modded Zero hour, so I have no experience using this module. It appears that some of the settings have changes, and it is also highly likely that a number of the entries are no longer needed.

Can anyone help me? Has anyone used this in C&C3? (I know that it has been used in a couple of mods).

Here is my code:

<HelicopterSlowDeath id="ModuleTag_HelicopterSlowDeath" DestructionDelay="9999s" SpiralOrbitTurnRate="80" SpiralOrbitForwardSpeed="110" SpiralOrbitForwardSpeedDamping=".9999" MaxBraking="210" MinSelfSpin="40" MaxSelfSpin="120" SelfSpinUpdateDelay="0.3s" SelfSpinUpdateAmount="5" FallHowFast="20" DelayFromGroundToFinalDeath="20">
<DieMuxData DeathTypes="ALL" DeathTypesForbidden="TOPPLED"/>
</HelicopterSlowDeath>

I am using the 'NODCarryallLocomotor' (which has 'LocomotorWorksWhenDead = Yes'), because I am trying this module on a Helicopter based, vehicle transport.

Thanks for any help!
Sponsor
Offline CommieDog  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2015 4:01:55 PM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
My recommendation would be to look at how those C&C 3 mods use HelicopterSlowDeath module. I don't know of any units in the vanilla game that use it.
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
Offline TiberianHistory  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2015 9:07:11 PM(UTC)
TiberianHistory
Private

I have left a message for them, I will see if they get back to me.