Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline duke2004  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2015 4:39:35 AM(UTC)
duke2004
Private

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
https://www.change.org/p...m_msg&fb_ref=Default

Lets make this happen. Please SHARE.
thanks 1 user thanked duke2004 for this useful post.
klingondragon on 5/3/2015(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline AMGIntermission  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2015 7:47:06 AM(UTC)
AMGIntermission
Major

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
If only i shared this enthusiasm for a sequel, I'm just not convinced gamers have explored all the current options made available in Generals 1,

Should focus on them bringing out a new patch, Enought backstage stuff for an entirely new look....

Thumb Down
UserPostedImage
Offline klingondragon  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2015 7:49:54 AM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
I dont care either way, I just want something new
Offline Zeoinx  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2015 10:35:22 PM(UTC)
Zeoinx
Private

Im all for Command and Conquer making a come back, as long as EA gives it back to the real creator's of the series, the People who made Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2. Westwood Studio's. As long as Game Titles are under the stupid management of EA, I wont touch them.

That said, the art for C&C 3 was alright....and some of the art in C&C 4. well, ok, just the Kodiak for the most part was appealing. The only thing I liked about RA3 was the fact it had co-op. Not that it saved the game in my eyes. It was too "unit gimmick" intensive...all the units had to have some stupid "ability". Whatever happened to "Tanks Drive, Tanks shoot cannon, tanks tank damage...etc" Noooo RA3 had to have tanks that had to activate "laser lock abilites" or boats that switched firemodes...which as least on the console version, was incredibly distracting from over all strategy. Not withstanding that the game felt like "Mission A, Mass Unit A" I honestly think EA Spent more money developing the breasts on the actresses then developing a fun and balanced game.

And this is just part of me ranting...dont ask me about EA version of Battlefront........I dont think a post has enough room in it for my rage and depression over what they are turning it into.
Offline SUPER-G  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 10:45:54 AM(UTC)
SUPER-G
Colonel
Canada

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 100 post(s)
As much as i think Generals deserves a good sequel, no matter who does it, they'll add some stupid "creative" twist and totally mess up the formula that made the original so good. It's what most modern developers like to do for some god forsaken reason. Not many companies these days truly knows how to carry a game series successfully and, at the right time, end the series. Being creative and unique is essential if you're starting a new series, but incredibly and undeniably destructive for existing series, and we saw the results of that with C&C4.

Only the guys who made the original Generals, and us here on CNC Labs, can actually pull this off IMHO.

Edited by user Monday, May 4, 2015 10:49:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Discord - PK_Soar #9531
PK_Soar #9531

He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in
one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom. - Anton Lavey

Offline Zeoinx  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 12:07:29 AM(UTC)
Zeoinx
Private

I never played C&C4, but I really saw the "creative twist" in effect in RA3. While the ability to build certain structures on the water proved to be really interesting, or the unique building set up of the Army of the Rising Sun, i just cant seem to like that game.

The only thing I know about CNC 4 is your entire base was in a mobile vehicle of some sort, and the vehicle that SHOULD have been a mobile base, (At least for GDI) was turned into a artillery gunship. Oh yea, and Kane travels through some alien portal and you are a cyborg of some sort (or at least thats what I gathered watching the final cutscene....

\o/ hurray for confusion
Offline SUPER-G  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 5:49:12 PM(UTC)
SUPER-G
Colonel
Canada

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Zeoinx Go to Quoted Post
The only thing I know about CNC 4 is your entire base was in a mobile vehicle of some sort, and the vehicle that SHOULD have been a mobile base, (At least for GDI) was turned into a artillery gunship.

They made the game more of a Dawn of War style game. Would've been OK if it was dawn of war, but it isn't...sooo, yeah.
Discord - PK_Soar #9531
PK_Soar #9531

He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in
one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom. - Anton Lavey

Offline Zeoinx  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 12:20:31 AM(UTC)
Zeoinx
Private

Pardon me when i do some quick research on what Dawn of War is, hmm ok, Warhammer game made by Sega. Well, that says it all right there.. but joking aside, watched a gameplay video and nothing in it looked particular interesting. with a dash of confusing, i didnt see a player base, all i saw was a bunch of units, and attack move orders going on, with the "units" doing all the heavy lifting for the player due to "ability to attack when moving" vs having to click on enemies to target.

At least it wasn't as bad as that Ubisoft game, Tom Clancy's end war? the RTS with voice commands? I rented that game and mananged to beat like 5 levels without even looking at the screen more then once. I glanced, saw how many command points there were, and was talking to a friend of mine and in between our conversation, id occasionally say stuff like "group alpha to waypoint charly" or "group bravo engage delta" That game was so hands off and boring.
Offline Gameanater  
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 8:47:27 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
C&C would have a better chance of getting a new installment with Valve. And you know how they love to not make Half-Life 3/Episode 3.

*Badumtssh*
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.