Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Poll Question : C&C's Future?
Choice Votes Statistics
  Kill it now!
10 %
  Maybe just one more... by somebody else
40 %
  I honestly don't care.
0 %
  Maybe just one more... by EA
10 %
  Keep 'em coming!
40 %
  Indiferent
0 %
  Total 10 100%
Guests can't vote. Try login or register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline SUPER-G  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 11:45:04 AM(UTC)
SUPER-G
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Canada

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Last October, our dreams of a Generals sequal (or a new C&C game entirely) were brushed aside by E*censored*s as if it meant nothing to them, even going far enough to lie about the reason it was cancelled.

It is now that i ask, what do you think the future should be for C&C?

Death? Reincarnation by a different developer entirely? or should we give EA another chance?

I think it should either be made again by a different developer or just die out completely. It's obvious that in the last 5 or so years C&C hasn't delivered 100% to it's fans, and has only gotten worse with C&C4 and C&C F2P. Unless somebody can do it right this time, i think the series needs to be put out of it's misery. But i believe that there are devs out there that have the will to make a truly great C&C game, one last time.
Discord - PK_Soar #9531
PK_Soar #9531

He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in
one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom. - Anton Lavey

Sponsor
Offline klingondragon  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 12:04:00 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
My choice isn't there:
Finish Generals 2!
Offline CaeDares  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 4:02:51 PM(UTC)
CaeDares
Captain
United States

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Not to be the downer here, but the series was dead with C&C4. To me they were a disappointment, so what I personally want is a completely new series, maybe not specifically made by EA, but a whole new series with a C&C / AoE / Starcraft kind of play. Birds eye view with control over all of your own units and the sole idea is that you need to conquer and control everything. I haven't seen ANY games like this come out in a while and I waiting for a really good one.
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

I may not be available between November 22nd and December 4th due to travelling. If you require my assistance, please Private Message me
Offline CommieDog  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 5:09:45 PM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
I'd like to work on a game similar to C&C. But I'd need 2D and 3D artists to bring it to life.
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
Offline Gameanater  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 6:41:51 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
One more by somebody else is my pick. Heck, even VALVE would probably have a higher chance of finishing Generals 2 then EA, since it's not Generals 3 it has potential to actually happen with Valve.

C&C 4 is Tiberium Wars, right? The one with "Squads" of infantry?

At least we still got a handful of people modding ZH to keep C&C somewhat alive.

Edited by user Thursday, November 6, 2014 6:42:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline SUPER-G  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 7:30:46 PM(UTC)
SUPER-G
Colonel
Canada

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Quote:

No, that would be C&C 3. C&C4 is Tiberian Twilight, the 'bad' one.

Quote:
My choice isn't there:
Finish Generals 2!

Technically that would be choice 2, 4 and 5. I should have added that though, seeing as not everyone was too fond of the F2P idea.

Edited by user Thursday, November 6, 2014 7:33:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Discord - PK_Soar #9531
PK_Soar #9531

He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in
one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom. - Anton Lavey

thanks 1 user thanked SUPER-G for this useful post.
Gameanater on 11/6/2014(UTC)
Offline Gameanater  
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 7:55:26 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Originally Posted by: SUPER-G Go to Quoted Post
Quote:

No, that would be C&C 3. C&C4 is Tiberian Twilight, the 'bad' one.

Oh, I see. ty
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline Rrtaya_tsamsiyu  
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 11:17:57 PM(UTC)
Rrtaya_tsamsiyu
Colonel
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 139 post(s)
http://www.moddb.com/games/rogue-republic
i'm pretty sure it's styled on Generals.
one soul at a time
Offline UTD^Force  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 7, 2014 7:29:27 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Was thanked: 184 time(s) in 168 post(s)
If I remember correctly, I once saw that some folks are continuing the CnC generals 2 on Moddb.
Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

Moderator and former map reviewer
CnC Labs
Offline Jeneral Yusuf  
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2015 12:40:59 PM(UTC)
Jeneral Yusuf
Captain
Malaysia

I still want CnC to continue till the end of the world!!!!(But by another devoleper/team/community/studio/company and not by EA)
Offline Gameanater  
#11 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2015 6:22:22 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Originally Posted by: Jeneral Yusuf Go to Quoted Post
I still want CnC to continue till the end of the world!!!!(But by another devoleper/team/community/studio/company and not by EA)

Even with VALVE CnC would have a higher chance of getting a new game released for it... Tongue
Offline Jeneral Yusuf  
#12 Posted : Sunday, March 15, 2015 11:37:13 AM(UTC)
Jeneral Yusuf
Captain
Malaysia

I agree besides valve even manage to release DOTA 2 then EA's Generals 2/CnC F2P.
Offline AMGIntermission  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2015 5:21:38 PM(UTC)
AMGIntermission
Major

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
The reply i'm about to give is called - The Agenda - by AMGintermission...

Don't expect anymore Generals quality work from EA studios, not that i gave them credit for it anyway? Generals is presented by guys that can; without a second look get national armies to hand over the specs of their weapons and in 2 blinks of an eye get 2/4's of the globes gaming force hooked on it! then 20 years down the line and they still hooked on it. if this was a drug they'd have to reassign their cartel to other trades as this would have bankrupted them.....

The continental elite have a 15000 version to your 7.0 of Generals, that's 14.993 points above what you know, with The Agenda here being we need an above average A.I for the GLA? lol!, a great opertunity for an intense gaming experience be upon you! Toast and all! further info will follow......

Why the he11 else would a billionaire designer keep coming among you for, You fellas don't even see Bentley's let alone know anyone that got one for his 8th birthday..fs

Couple spoiler on the 15k.0 never resets, It stays exactly how you left it, and you can Mod from the war factory and so on and so forth; Boundaries only exist in the domain of the fallen....
UserPostedImage
Offline Jeneral Yusuf  
#14 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2015 1:39:24 PM(UTC)
Jeneral Yusuf
Captain
Malaysia

LOL....EA is dying always getting bad reviews and has liqudated many small studios that they called reorganising them as a single studio EA got even worse after the 2008 economic crisis.NOW they keep trying to reorganise there company as a last resort strugglying to hold on a sinking ship.The gameplay for C&C4:Tiberium Twilight was origanily ment for free online game for the asian market or something can you belive it?The developer of Generals 2 under EA even accused EA canceling the games development because of budget cuts not negative reviews by the beta testers!EA even got lawsuits by many people.Have you ever know how why the Soviet Union in real life disolved?History is reapeating everyone except it hits EA this time and know we can only watch and wait as each day pass by the more dying the hopes and dreams of millions or may be it could be billions of Command & Conquer fans around the world only to see that EA is dying along with their online support and games in development........may the great games that is dying rest in peace and may not be forggeten.