Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline JakeMaverick  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2014 10:05:24 AM(UTC)
JakeMaverick
Private
United Kingdom

Hi folks

spent about 30 man hours on this one already, and it's really doing my nut...

title says it all basically....

but, had to rebuild my machine....never had a problem transferring saved games before from the old hard drive. Everything has copied across ok, and 99.9% sure it's all in the right directories....just not to Windows 7 before. The maps seems to have gone across ok, but most of them are showing as 'unplayed', although a few odds one's are showing as done- which i can't get my head around!

Although the saved games directory is almost certainly in the right place....when i go to load a skirmish saved game they not there, and it seems the Campaign file hasn't gone across either...I don't want to have to manually replay everything to get to the same point! Several thousand man hours there....;-)

Also on a possible related problem- I'm also having trouble in XP64 as well....never been a problem transferring across before in that. But I can't even get the game to play in XP64 anymore....everytime I try and run the game now I get "Please make sure you have DirectX 9.0 or higher installed. Also verify that your video card meets the min requirements, and you do not have hardware acceleration disabled in the Display Control panel".

My Graphics card is HD5450 1 gig---- I can't find any options for 'hardware acceleration', which is the only clue i can give...XP64 system, but as i say it all ran perfectly before i swapped the HD.....and Direct X9 fully installed, so pretty stumped on it now...:-(

now i know partially what that problem is....the game will play on my 22 inch monitor, but for my main screen (it's an old TV) i have to manually edit the options.ini file for the custom resolution on that screen. Now that I have done but it still won't play with the same error...worked fine before the rebuild. Now, I'm wondering if there is another file I need to change a bit as well with regards to that that I have just forgotton about?

Saved games not showing there either...although they seem to have copied across from the old hard drive ok.

any help would be very greatly appreciated!
thanks
JM
Sponsor
Offline JakeMaverick  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 1:02:30 PM(UTC)
JakeMaverick
Private
United Kingdom

actually bit of zn update on windows 7....i can save games within it, but they're not saving to where i think they should be saving to.....so what is the default location that windows 7 saves to? ;-)
Offline JakeMaverick  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 1:03:12 PM(UTC)
JakeMaverick
Private
United Kingdom

also just read windows 7 64 bit isn't supported, but the games does load.....just wnt see my old games!