Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline joewijoyo  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 2:14:46 AM(UTC)
joewijoyo
Captain

Does anyone know why for some reason my game always crashes when im playing in an 8-team skirmish? I can play in the game for about 2 minutes until the game crashes , always.
I am using windows 8 and i have tried all compatibility modes.
This happens in all my computers.
Sponsor
Offline klingondragon  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 2:35:56 AM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
Does it actually shut down the game or just slow down until its almost unplayable
If its slowing down make sure you arnt running lots of stuff in the background or if you are running a mod make sure it isn't causing your opponents to over build and slow it down
If its shutting the game and giving you a technical error message check to see if you are running a mod if yes try uninstalling it if not open world builder and see if it gives you an error message if yes then some ini code is wrong and that needs fixing if not I don't know what it could be

I play the game on my win8 pc without compatibility mode at all
Are you using win8 ir win8.1 as it could be an issue with win8.1
Offline joewijoyo  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 2:53:20 AM(UTC)
joewijoyo
Captain

It shuts down immediately giving me an error message.
And im not using any mods.

As for the windows thing, this has happened to me since windows 7 so im pretty sure windows 8.1 doesnt matter
Offline klingondragon  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 6:44:42 AM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

When I tryed installing it on my win7 laptop it failed utterly but on 8 its fine that's why I think it could be 8.1
Nonetheless does I work fine playing the missions and other skirmishes (not 8man) if it doesn't maybe you've accidently changed some settings
Try reinstalling the game
If that fails I can send you all the original code files if you want
Offline joewijoyo  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 5:48:30 PM(UTC)
joewijoyo
Captain

I swear i havent changed any settings that would cause the game to crash like this unless changing graphic settings does cause it.
And no, I can play campaign and everything just fine. i just cannot play 8-team skirmish. I have reinstalled the game multiple times previously which still causes the problem.
And what exactly do you mean by original code files?
Offline Rrtaya_tsamsiyu  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 8:16:00 PM(UTC)
Rrtaya_tsamsiyu
Colonel
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Does it matter how many teams you are playing with?

If i remember correctly the bigger maps don't work very well because the unit path coding is bad, and when a bunch of units are trying to figure out where to go it tends to crash.
one soul at a time
Offline klingondragon  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2014 1:04:52 AM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

By original code I mean all the .ini configuration files but from what you've said it shouldn't matter
Offline joewijoyo  
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 4:32:59 AM(UTC)
joewijoyo
Captain

@rrtaya - yes it matters how many teams im playing with. If it is anything but an 8-team skirmish game, the game works fine. Its only the 8 skirmish gamse that make it crash and it does crash for all 8-capacity maps.

Offline klingondragon  
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 7:04:03 AM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

Just don't play 8 man
Offline joewijoyo  
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 7:30:44 PM(UTC)
joewijoyo
Captain

-.- now thats not a solution. Well of course im avoiding 8 men skirmish for now but i rly want to do a 7 vs 1 :P