Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline chadc84  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 9:04:47 PM(UTC)
chadc84
Private

I cant find my issue in this forum. everytime I get to the load screen on a game my bar loads all the way and my opponents don't load at all. I get into game and then it freezes with my opponents screen saying im timing out. I running on win 7 with ports open to game. any clue? I have patch 1.04
Sponsor
Offline Aaron552  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 10:23:42 PM(UTC)
Aaron552
Private
Canada

Are you trying to play online? I've had problems connecting to online before and it took forever to figure it out alone. I then realized that I wasn't connecting because my firewall disallowed access to private AND public networks relating to Command and Conquer. If this doesn't solve your problem, perhaps it has something to do with the connection between you and your other participants. If not, maybe it's the map that cases your game to crash. I've suffered all of these problems when I attempted online play.

What exactly is your problem? Could you provide a little extra detail?
Offline chadc84  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 1:11:16 PM(UTC)
chadc84
Private

Originally Posted by: Aaron552 Go to Quoted Post
Are you trying to play online? I've had problems connecting to online before and it took forever to figure it out alone. I then realized that I wasn't connecting because my firewall disallowed access to private AND public networks relating to Command and Conquer. If this doesn't solve your problem, perhaps it has something to do with the connection between you and your other participants. If not, maybe it's the map that cases your game to crash. I've suffered all of these problems when I attempted online play.

What exactly is your problem? Could you provide a little extra detail?

yes trying to play online. Ive done everything from disable my firewall, just on pc no on router. and port forwarded the command and conquer ports udp and tcp. it does it on every map ive tried. it doesn't give a mismatch or different version error. The bar on the load screen goes all the way up on mine while the opponents stays at 0. then after a few minutes goes into game freezes for me and on the opponents screen it times me out...
Offline chadc84  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 4:49:43 PM(UTC)
chadc84
Private

ok just tried again with no firewall on on pc or router, still didn't work.
Offline Aaron552  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:56:30 PM(UTC)
Aaron552
Private
Canada

I'm not entirely sure. I've never had that problem. My problem consisted of lack of connection to the game.. I could enter the lobbies but it wouldn't let me start the game as either myself or my participants didn't have a good connection. It was my firewall.

I cannot help you, I'm sorry. I could suggest some things that I've recently tried, but those may not work.
Right-click on the game
Go into Properties
Go into Compatibility
Turn on 'Run as administrator'
Try again

If that doesn't work, try messing with a few of the check boxes above. I'm doubtful that will work but it's worth a try. Another thing you could try is to see if your computer is compatible with Command and Conquer via System Requirements Lab (http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri). Just search the game and click 'Automatically Detect.'

If nothing is working, perhaps you should contact Electronic Arts (or Westwood if it's an older game) and request assistance from them.
I will check back again shortly.
Offline chadc84  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 19, 2014 6:17:52 PM(UTC)
chadc84
Private

so I figured it out, I forget to set my compatibility to xp. but now since all the servers are down I cant play online anyway. does the direct connect allow two people to connect who aren't on the same network as long as the ports are forwarded and the right ip is used?
Offline acidbrain  
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 20, 2014 2:14:25 PM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Was thanked: 574 time(s) in 364 post(s)
Gameranger is a good option
Panem et kirkinses