Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline slird  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 22, 2014 1:08:42 AM(UTC)
slird
Major

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I would like to make the Capture Building ability readily available at the start of the game.
I found the script: "Scripting/Add command button to object type", but it asks for a slot number between 1-12.
What is a slot, and where is it?
Sponsor
Offline Annihilationzh  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 22, 2014 5:58:58 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
This is the layout:

Code:
;+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+  
;|01|03|05|07|09|11|13|
;+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
;|02|04|06|08|10|12|14|
;+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+

This is actually in the INI files, so it's official game info.

Edited by user Saturday, March 22, 2014 6:01:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Layout was messed up

If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline slird  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 22, 2014 2:13:17 PM(UTC)
slird
Major

Ah, so aside from modifying .ini files scripting will not do it without having the building to do it manually?
Offline Annihilationzh  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 22, 2014 2:30:59 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
I need to read more carefully - I can't even imagine how many times I've given advice that didn't fit the question just because I skimmed it.

The layout I posted is the button layout. Kinda like how the dozer is in slot 01 in the US and China command centres.

Edited by user Saturday, March 22, 2014 2:31:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Typo

If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
thanks 1 user thanked Annihilationzh for this useful post.
slird on 3/22/2014(UTC)
Offline slird  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 22, 2014 3:49:00 PM(UTC)
slird
Major

Yes, thankyou. You answered my question.
Im thinking of another approach. I dont necessarily want to mess with INI, this map is taking long enough just to get it built. Been at it for weeks and havent even begun the scripting yet.
Offline slird  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 6, 2014 4:43:58 PM(UTC)
slird
Major

For the information of those who may not know but wish to, I have found a way to make certain command buttons available to other factions using scripts.
Say,for example, a mapper would like to allow China to use flashbangs upon acquiring an American Ranger but at the same time NOT allowing China to acquire an American Barracks to purchase it.
In order to achieve this one must first place an American Barracks off screen (outside the border) and change its ownership to China.
Then simply order the building to use the flashbang ability like so:

[ns A D]
*** IF ***
True
*** THEN ***
Unit 'Barracks' use Ability 'Command_UpgradeAmericaRangerFlashBangGrenade'.

In my set up I have China acquiring the flashbangs AFTER it acquires the Ranger, in which case it looks like this:

[ns A D]
*** IF ***
Player '<This Player>' has Greater Than or Equal To 1 unit or structure of type 'AmericaInfantryRanger'
*** THEN ***

The only drawback is that the purchase countdown still applies, so perhaps it could be set up so the purchase countdown would end at the same moment the Ranger is acquired...?
At any rate, this is just a tidbit of knowledge that I have acquired and thought to share it.
Enjoy.

P.S. If you would like to see this script in action I found this tidbit on a map named Black Squadron by author: Dean Krauss.

Edited by user Sunday, April 6, 2014 4:49:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked slird for this useful post.
Gameanater on 4/6/2014(UTC)
Offline Gameanater  
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 6, 2014 5:09:41 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Slird Go to Quoted Post
For the information of those who may not know but wish to, I have found a way to make certain command buttons available to other factions using scripts.
Say,for example, a mapper would like to allow China to use flashbangs upon acquiring an American Ranger but at the same time NOT allowing China to acquire an American Barracks to purchase it.
In order to achieve this one must first place an American Barracks off screen (outside the border) and change its ownership to China.

[ns A D]
*** IF ***
True
*** THEN ***

In my set up I have China acquiring the flashbangs AFTER it acquires the Ranger, in which case it looks like this:

[ns A D]
*** IF ***
Player '<This Player>' has Greater Than or Equal To 1 unit or structure of type 'AmericaInfantryRanger'
*** THEN ***

The only drawback is that the purchase countdown still applies, so perhaps it could be set up so the purchase countdown would end at the same moment the Ranger is acquired...?
At any rate, this is just a tidbit of knowledge that I have acquired and thought to share it.
Enjoy.

P.S. If you would like to see this script in action I found this tidbit on a map named Black Squadron by author: Dean Krauss.

I've used this method before in Command and Conquer Generals: THE:OUTBREAK. My zombie map. I put a Black Market and few other things offscreen and had them use their buttons. I also put a Command Center offscreen so that the General's Powers were usable.

The method's also been used by several others. Ever heard a random "upgrade complete" in the middle of a map's cinematic intro? Many map makers have the buildings do their thing and just have a cinematic playing the duration of the upgrade.
:P

Edited by user Sunday, April 6, 2014 5:11:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline zero hour mad map maker  
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 6, 2014 5:24:58 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gameanater Go to Quoted Post

[ns A D]
*** IF ***
True
*** THEN ***

[ns A D]
*** IF ***
*** THEN ***

Enjoy.

I've used this method before in Command and Conquer Generals: THE:OUTBREAK. My zombie map. I put a Black Market and few other things offscreen and had them use their buttons. I also put a Command Center offscreen so that the General's Powers were usable.

The method's also been used by several others. Ever heard a random "upgrade complete" in the middle of a map's cinematic intro? Many map makers have the buildings do their thing and just have a cinematic playing the duration of the upgrade.
:P

Hahaha my cinematic intros do that sometimes XD
Ready for Anything! --- C&C Labs Staff , Maps Staff , Moderator
Offline slird  
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 13, 2014 10:40:50 AM(UTC)
slird
Major

Yes Ive heard that before, lol. Ive heard it in the map I mentioned in my post and wondered why the heck it did that, lol. And I have also played the Outbreak, cool masp but I cant get very far in it.
Offline Gameanater  
#10 Posted : Sunday, April 13, 2014 4:28:34 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Heheh, thanks. ewe
You have to very carefully heard your forces in the Battle Bus at the start and draw in small groups of Zombies at a time in the beginning. You can also have Burton knife-kill the infantry Zombies if you wish. :P
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline slird  
#11 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 4:34:05 PM(UTC)
slird
Major

After doing that it was pretty easy! Lol, thanks.
I like the barrier that must be blown to progress...very ingenuitive!
thanks 1 user thanked slird for this useful post.
Gameanater on 4/18/2014(UTC)
Offline Gameanater  
#12 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 7:06:06 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

After doing that it was pretty easy! Lol, thanks.
I like the barrier that must be blown to progress...very ingenuitive!

Hehe! Thank you! 0w0

And ya can't use yer Battle Bus anymore or have Burton climb over 'cause of the chemicals... lol... Glad you liked it. :P

Do you have any ideas for a potential sequel? (Not saying I'm slowly working on one or anything... *wink wink*)

Edited by user Friday, April 18, 2014 7:06:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline slird  
#13 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2014 7:47:03 PM(UTC)
slird
Major

Perhaps a sequel where they must find the origin of the outbreak and eliminate it to restore order?
sounds like a blockbuster to me!

Oh, and the nazi zombies marching over the hill...loved that!