Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kelbesh  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 5, 2014 4:42:45 PM(UTC)
kelbesh
Private
Czech Republic

I've been using World Builder on 3 different computers with Windows 7 just fine, but in Windows 8 I have following problem.

I start the World Builder. I click File - Open, I choose a map and click OK.
Then World Builder header changes to map name I opened, but nothing else.
I'm still on the map I was on before, I can even add objects, change textures and stuff.

Basically I can edit map however I want, I can even save it, but when I try to load it nothing happens. World Builder only lets me edit the empty map that was there, when it started and that's it. When I quit World Builder, I have to start from scratch, because I won't be able to open any map. Irked

Another strange thing I noticed is every time I run World Builder, I have to accept license agreement again. I'm not sure if it has enything to do with this problem though

What I've already tried without success:

• Running the World Builder with Administrator rights
  • Changing compatibility to Windows 7 / Windows XP SP 3
Sponsor
Offline kelbesh  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 6, 2014 4:21:58 PM(UTC)
kelbesh
Private
Czech Republic

I found a solution. In case anyone had the same problem, I'm going to describe it here:

I tried World Builder on my friends computer with Windows 8 and it worked there, so the problem had nothing to do woth Windows 8. I found out later that I had this problem because I had special characters in my user folder name, which World Builder didn't understand and it created folder with simillar name with some gibberish instead of special characters. When I changed folder name for my User to contain only ASCII characters, it solved the problem Thumb Up