Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline NinjaRedneck  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:16:43 PM(UTC)
NinjaRedneck
Private
United States

okay, so here's the situation. I got board with the lame ass ai the game starts with when a friend mentioned that there is a more advanced ai you can get. outside of cheating with money more than usual and building buildings on top of each other, it works great.

but trying to play online is not gonna happen. unless the person playing also has the same mod. as you can imanage that doesn't happen too often. so I was wondering where do I go to uninstall the mod so I can play online again?

and is it possible to get kind of an on / off switch for it? just for convenience.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:17:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline Rrtaya_tsamsiyu  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2013 2:43:13 AM(UTC)
Rrtaya_tsamsiyu
Colonel
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 139 post(s)
it depends on the mod as to where and how to install/uninstall it. My guess is it has an uninstaller for itself somewhere, like in the main game folder or in a sub-folder found there.

As far as an on/off switch, if its made entirely of .big type files, you should be able to use this method make it work.

Quote:
\
If you want a simple mod loader for something your
making, so it dosen't conflict with other mods, you can do this;
Put your mod's .big file in your ZH data directory, in My Documents. Make a shortcut directly to your generals.exe in your main ZH folder. Then, go into the shortcut's properties, to the Target field, and add [-mod "YourModName.big"] without brackets.
Found this info here. Thanks to Zeke of Mystique Game Studios!
Edit; the link went dead, so i changed it to just go to the site. This tip can probably still be found somewhere there in its original form.
/

You would basically have one icon for using the game with the mod, and one icon for playing the regular game. i think the mod would have to be entirely made of .big files tho for this to work.
one soul at a time
Offline NinjaRedneck  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 10:56:55 AM(UTC)
NinjaRedneck
Private
United States

It has a file called "uninstaller.dat" but it won't open without a program. I don't know where to get it. it also has a notepad file called "uninstaller.xml" it uses notepad because I asked it what do use and that is what I chose. all it contains is instructions for the program to uninstall.
Offline NinjaRedneck  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 2:34:55 PM(UTC)
NinjaRedneck
Private
United States

Figured out a fix: I gave up on it for a few months then decided to uninstall the game. When I was going to go about doing that I opened the file and it game me two choices: one to uninstall the game and the other to repair the files. I decided it couldn't hurt to try to repair it before uninstalling it and choose the respective choice and... ... ... it worked! the game can now play online and works fine. I still think it needs an on off switch though... Thumb Up
Offline NinjaRedneck  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 10:48:19 PM(UTC)
NinjaRedneck
Private
United States

Figured out a more official way to fix it. I have Windows 8 so it might be different for your operating system. I went to the control by moving my mouse one of the right corners of the screen and clicking on the "settings" option then "Control Panel" from the menu that appeared. Then I clicked on "Programs" and "Programs and features." There it generated a list of different programs I had installed and the "advanced AI mod" was one of them. Then it was a simple matter of clicking on it, and the uninstaller took over from there. It's almost as fast as an on / off switch.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 15, 2013 10:49:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified