Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<23456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#61 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 2:03:58 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I didn't know about the mammoth tank. so i have to check the .ini for the scud launcher. Ty for the site a lot of things I didn't know.
9Q_1P at your service. Moddin help and mod maker ranges from paradrop planes, aircraftcarriers and yes snow men with death lazer eyes

Want a peek? Visit this page
Advanced warfare
Offline Rrtaya_tsamsiyu  
#62 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 8:59:14 PM(UTC)
Rrtaya_tsamsiyu
Colonel
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Welcome. And apart from the mammoth tank, there's almost a whole faction worth of stuff that isn't used
one soul at a time
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#63 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 10:29:08 AM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

Ok so i believe i found the problem in my V3 missile launcher ( scud launcher + the cab of semi truck) when i export it then re-import it. IT has none of the Bones IE Smoke08,Treadfx07... etc is there a way to keep the bones when i export it?

;------------------------------------------------

And about the Barge... I'm going to have it where the barge has Hovercrafts in it and can carry 3 but the hovercrafts can hold 10 each giving the barge a "Capacity" of 30 and since the hovercrafts have low Hp they need to be in the Barge. Or Die. I have yet to implement the Hovercrafts already inside. But im working on that now.

Pow logic seemed Cool. Now snowmobiling Red guards, Rangers, and Rebels ( The 3 R's of ZH) would have to be as snow condition but be cool. Mammoth is to small compared to the Predator and the the Pred. makes a better looking mammoth tank any way. China having a Temple of nod as a war factory :0

;---------------------
Here is my Vs Missle Luncher

Edited by user Friday, January 17, 2014 8:45:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
sshot001.bmp (1,407kb) downloaded 45 time(s).
9Q_1P at your service. Moddin help and mod maker ranges from paradrop planes, aircraftcarriers and yes snow men with death lazer eyes

Advanced warfare
Offline moridar  
#64 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 1:14:12 PM(UTC)
moridar
Private

Hey man! There IS a way to keep the bones when exporting... tricky stuff.

When you create them, they aren't toggled to export (by default). To change this, select them all, go to the utilities tab in the right sidebar, click on W3D Tools, and then under W3D Export Settings, check the box next to "Export Transform (Bone)".

Sidenote:
Have you had any luck with skinning original units? I have a couple that I've designed, and can apply textures and whatnot to the objects within Gmax, but does anybody know how to get those textures to actually show up in-game?
Even Heroes know when to be scared.
Offline Gameanater  
#65 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 1:46:58 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Originally Posted by: qqqqqqqqqp Go to Quoted Post
Ok so i believe i found the problem in my V3 missile launcher ( scud launcher + the cab of semi truck) when i export it then re-import it. IT has none of the Bones IE Smoke08,Treadfx07... etc is there a way to keep the bones when i export it?

And about the Barge... I'm going to have it where the barge has Hovercrafts in it and can carry 3 but the hovercrafts can hold 10 each giving the barge a "Capacity" of 30 and since the hovercrafts have low Hp they need to be in the Barge. Or Die. I have yet to implement the Hovercrafts already inside. But im working on that now.

Pow logic seemed Cool. Now snowmobiling Red guards, Rangers, and Rebels ( The 3 R's of ZH) would have to be as snow condition but be cool. Mammoth is to small compared to the Predator and the the Pred. makes a better looking mammoth tank any way. China having a Temple of nod as a war factory :0

;---------------------
Here is my Vs Missle Luncher

That thing looks AAAAAAAAWESOOOOOOOOMMMMEEE!!!!!!
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#66 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 4:39:28 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

Originally Posted by: moridar Go to Quoted Post
Hey man! There IS a way to keep the bones when exporting... tricky stuff.

When you create them, they aren't toggled to export (by default). To change this, select them all, go to the utilities tab in the right sidebar, click on W3D Tools, and then under W3D Export Settings, check the box next to "Export Transform (Bone)".

Sidenote:
Have you had any luck with skinning original units? I have a couple that I've designed, and can apply textures and whatnot to the objects within Gmax, but does anybody know how to get those textures to actually show up in-game?

1 thank you I'll tri it when I get a chance
2 the only thing I've been able to skin is original skins for them
I'll post a pic of the GLA mustard fighter compared its original skins so you can see the difference.
And to game. Thank you xd

Advanced warfare
Offline moridar  
#67 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 5:23:25 PM(UTC)
moridar
Private

No problem :) I can confirm it works, because I've used it on my models. You'll also notice that if your Muzzle Bone isn't exported properly, projectiles will just fire from the origin of the model instead of wherever the Bone is. That's what really made me want to figure out how to fix it.

Browsing back, if you were never able to figure out the whole Gmax/Renx thing, I can help you out there too, I've got it working on my machine.

I'm also a 3D artist, so I would be happy to design units for your mod for you! I just added a mech with walking animations and everything to my mod... well that's the basis of mine, actually :) I won't do animation models for you, because they take me forever and are probably considered a form of torture banned by the UN, but if you need me to whip up a model for you, or edit one, I'd be happy to help.

As far as skinning goes, I haven't found a way to apply any skins at all to my models. It kind of irritates me :/
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#68 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 6:17:54 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

I've got it working.

Advanced warfare
Offline moridar  
#69 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 6:40:30 PM(UTC)
moridar
Private

Ah, excellent. Just wanted to double check and make sure. As relatively easy as modding this game is, there is some weird stuff that you kind of have to figure out on your own, since it's not explained anywhere. That's really been my experience with modding Zero Hour... Keep changing stuff until Serious Errors no longer occur :p
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#70 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 8:45:32 AM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

Now as for Skinning it kinda looks a bit odd but it works
File Attachment(s):
MustangComparison.bmp (3,797kb) downloaded 47 time(s).
MustangComparison2.bmp (3,797kb) downloaded 41 time(s).

Advanced warfare
Offline moridar  
#71 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 9:52:40 AM(UTC)
moridar
Private

Nice! How did you get them to display in-game?
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#72 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 11:59:56 AM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

I just modified the original texture of it and it did it on its own

Advanced warfare
Offline moridar  
#73 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 12:12:06 PM(UTC)
moridar
Private

So you left the original .dds file with the same name then?

I'm trying to figure out how to texture my own units that I designed myself (though this blackhawk is gonna be a b***h... almost not sure if I even want to). I'm pretty sure the file is referenced directly in Gmax/Renx... and I swear I've tried everything in that program to just get a simple camo texture to appear on my unit in game. That, or there's a .ini somewhere that links textures to units, and I just don't know where it is.

But anyway, my textures show up fine in Renx, but when I export and play... no luck. I think I'm missing something. I've followed the tutorial on here for skinning units essentially to the letter... but no luck on export :(
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#74 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 7:08:11 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

Is the texture in the art file . Also is it named the same thing as the model. Idk if that's it.

Advanced warfare
Offline CommieDog  
#75 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 10:38:08 PM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Originally Posted by: moridar Go to Quoted Post
But anyway, my textures show up fine in Renx, but when I export and play... no luck. I think I'm missing something. I've followed the tutorial on here for skinning units essentially to the letter... but no luck on export :(

Are you putting the texture files in the proper place? (I'm not sure exactly, but I thought it was \Art\Textures for Generals.)
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
Offline moridar  
#76 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:08:45 AM(UTC)
moridar
Private

Originally Posted by: qqqqqqqqqp Go to Quoted Post
Is the texture in the art file . Also is it named the same thing as the model. Idk if that's it.

It's not, unfortunately. Tried that :/

Originally Posted by: CommieDog Go to Quoted Post
Are you putting the texture files in the proper place? (I'm not sure exactly, but I thought it was \Art\Textures for Generals.)

It is indeed Art\Textures.

I think I'll just list what I have and have not tried.

Have tried:
-Applying texture in RenX with material editor (texture saved in generic My Documents path)
-Doing the above, but also placing a copy of the texture in the Art\Textures folder.
-Naming a basic camo texture the same as my unit's model name in .dds format

Have not tried:
-Placing the texture in the Art\Textures folder, and THEN applying it

I think I'll try that tomorrow. My a drive in my OS RAID-0 array failed yesterday, so I'm SOL until I get new drives tomorrow.

Does it matter if the files are .tga? I was applying them as .png, and they seemed to go on fine in RenX, but, as stated previously, never showed up in game. I'm pretty sure the game knows there is supposed to be a texture there, because the textured items appear as purple in-game.
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#77 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 8:03:49 AM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

I just convert it from a dds to a tga.
I don't think it reads pngs only tgas

Edited by user Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:47:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Useing cellphone

Advanced warfare
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#78 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:45:19 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

I will test making a completely new unit and then make the model ( proabaly a crappy box with a gun on it xd) and then texture it and code into the game and see if it will keep the textures (ill put the art in the art folder before applying it. ill get back to you on that.

Advanced warfare
Offline moridar  
#79 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:57:48 PM(UTC)
moridar
Private

Actually, I finished the Blackhawk sooner than I expected, and tested it out on my laptop.

I modelled it as a cross between the UH-60M and the "Stealth Hawk"'s tail that was found on the Bin Laden raid. It turned out pretty well.

Anyway, I can CONFIRM that if you save your texture as a .tga in the Zero Hour texture directory (Art\Textures\), it DOES work. I applied a generic texture to a few pieces as a test, and have [tried to] attached it.

File Attachment(s):
sshot045.bmp (1,407kb) downloaded 34 time(s).
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#80 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 5:04:45 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

Hey glad u got it to work. Saved a lot of time for me but now I have to skin the things and IDK How or where there is a tut for tanks

Edited by user Tuesday, January 21, 2014 5:14:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Advanced warfare