Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kazaam82  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2013 9:35:50 AM(UTC)
kazaam82
Private

Hey,

do some1 know how i can start the mod with the Origin Luncher?
In the Luncher u can just choose the Game (C&C3 Tiberium wars or Kanes Wrath) nothing else.
There is no luncher like the retail game where u can choose the mods.
Now after the start of the forgotten(the normal link of the forgotten), i get the message "missing required file -ssleay32.dll-".
Would be thankfull for any solution.
Sponsor
Offline Phe0n1x  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 2:40:51 PM(UTC)
Phe0n1x
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Try this: http://www.cnclabs.com/f...-file--ssleay32-dll.aspx

I know it's for RA3 instead of C&C3, but it appears this DLL issue is present for all C&C games which are in the C&C Ultimate.
Originally Posted by: Achelos Go to Quoted Post
Is it the Origin version of the game?

Thing is, if it's not the retail, the files of "The Red Alert" will be placed in a different directory then the game itself.

Therefor you need to copy the DLL files FROM the original RA3 to the mod directory (placed in: X:\"Install directory"\Data\Core) to the mod folder.
These are the files it says it's missing.

But, so far I can't seem to get "The Red Alert" to work with my Origin version of the game.
It seems to be starting Origin first (which is logical since it's the Origin Digital Version) and then asks if i want to run the Original RA3 or Uprising addon version. After that it just runs the version I startup and not the mod.

I also have the Steam version of the game. Gonna try that and see if that works aswell.

Tried the steam version, you just have to change the launch options and type: -ui.
Therefor you get the launcher options of RA3 and can go to the tab "Mods" and select "TheRedAlert".

I'll keep in touch.

Edited by user Thursday, January 3, 2013 2:41:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage