Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline KenseiCoal  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 6:05:25 PM(UTC)
KenseiCoal
Private
United States

I am playing Zero Hour on a standard Windows XP Media Centre edition and it is stuck on 31 FPS. Is there some way to un-cap my frame rate. I know for certain I can run it faster than this because I can play games like HL2 and Unreal 2004 at nearly 80 to 100 frames. I looked for an INI and could not find one. Is there another way to un-cap? I looked and couldn't find anything. Any help would be much appreciated. Big Smile
Just a lover of strategy and my favourite princess Luna. LRSF for life!
Sponsor
Offline i^love^mixery  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:59:06 AM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

Was thanked: 201 time(s) in 147 post(s)
hello, this might be too late for a reply but whatever:

uncapping the frame rate does not work in generals or zero hour so easily for a reason:
the time is scaled to the frame rate. if you play @300 FPS then the game will run 10 times faster (only in single player) and all ambient animations will be played 10 times faster in single- and multiplayer games (water waves, trees waving in the wind etc). even scrolling around the map will be 10 times more sensitive.

if you really wish to uncap it then the only way to do so is to play in window mode.

it is then automatically uncapped in online games and uncapped in skirmish games if you set the gametime thingy to maximum value.

Edited by user Sunday, November 11, 2012 10:01:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified