Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline viroguitar  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 4:58:49 PM(UTC)
viroguitar
Private

Hello everybody! Smile I'm Victor and I'm new here as you can see.
I trying my English... Sorry.

I asking you because I wanna learn about game programming. I love this game, I played it for years. I would like to know (if It's possible) how to extract the main source code of the game (CNC Generals or Zero Hour) to study It. reverse Engineering??? Question

I know that there are a lot of scripts which I can access inside WBuilder. Most of them are unit's methods and properties. But... What's about the main interface script? What's about the IA scripting? What programming language did They choose to make this program? And the most important for me... How they control Movieclips and Sprites?

I already have GMax, RenX, W3D importer. Any program to "read" those scripts? If I was interested to built a RTS game like CNC, I need knowing it from the ground...

Perhaps It's impossible, I think I don't miss anything asking you. Excuse me if here isn't the place to post it, and excuse my poor English too. Tongue

Please, May You help me? Thanks anyway...
Sponsor
Offline Annihilationzh  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2011 2:34:51 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
The game's not open source. However, it has ample modding freedom.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline viroguitar  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2011 4:31:38 AM(UTC)
viroguitar
Private

Annihilationzh wrote:
The game's not open source. However, it has ample modding freedom.

I know it. But Is there a technique to access the "closed" source? OK, It's ilegal, but It's only for educational purposes... No piracy. This is an old and chip game, There is no reason to make money with it. Thank for your answer.