Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline U-W-SAtomicarmy  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 12:05:08 PM(UTC)
U-W-SAtomicarmy
Captain

Topic explains it, Will this mod work with other mods?
Don't look at the light!!!
Sponsor
Offline Yoshi714  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 12:23:13 PM(UTC)
Yoshi714
Major

This mod will work for anything that doesnt replace the current factions, or alter the AI of the current factions. All this mod does is replace the skirmish scripts file in the Data/Scripts/SkirmishScripts.ini location and also place a new AIData.ini file in Data/INI/AIData.ini which this doesnt affect the default file because its compiled with the rest in a .big file so the game just references this one first once its dropped in, and you can remove it or edit it on your own even. The second file is a build list, tells the computers what and where to build but the scripts file tells them when and why plus everything else. What mod is it you are trying to install with this one? You can always install it in a seperate folder, outside of zero hour and see if the files it drops in have the same names as the ones dropped in by a different mod.
Turtling is not a strategy, its a weakness
Offline U-W-SAtomicarmy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 12:41:48 PM(UTC)
U-W-SAtomicarmy
Captain

I'm trying to install it with Shockwave mod .95. One more question I forgot to ask, can I play online wtih this mod on shockwave?

Edited by user Thursday, March 20, 2008 12:43:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Yoshi714  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 2:26:15 PM(UTC)
Yoshi714
Major

It is just as any other modification, you must have the same version as those you are playing with or it will most likely missmatch.... Shockwave is a mod that you have a choice on rather to use the mod or not? Advanced AI is not like that, and its not a huge addition to Zero Hour like Shockwave either. Last I haerd the scripts for shockwave were not completed. If thats the case than that script file wont hurt anything because you wont have one for the new gen's anyway. If they have finished the scripts (meaning the computer AI plays as the new gen's) then the advanced AI mod will write over top of them, but that is easy enough to fix by just combining them and we can explain that to you. I dont believe (and I may be corrected on this) that the build list not having the new generals will affect anything since the computer players arent playing anyway, but again, if they did include scripts for the computer and a build list as well they can be merged easily. I dont personally use Shockwave, but I am downloading it as I type becuase I want to see for myself how the file system for that mod works.
Offline U-W-SAtomicarmy  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 5:06:06 PM(UTC)
U-W-SAtomicarmy
Captain

I'm not going to use this mod for Shockwave, because I battled tanks and I was superweapons, and I lost. So I'm going to keep it in a separt folder.
Offline Yoshi714  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 6:09:01 PM(UTC)
Yoshi714
Major

Haha, well that is the intention... now try playing against the super as whatever you wish and you will likely get your butt kicked! The super weapon gen does a much better job of not letting you keep up your tech building, and I edited my script for this so he does an even better job of it. I have the super gen building 4 air fields, working basically with alpha auroras, commanches and tomahawk tanks.
Offline U-W-SAtomicarmy  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 7:12:03 PM(UTC)
U-W-SAtomicarmy
Captain

Would you like to do a compstomp online with me? Not now though because I have to go to bed soon, but maybe sometime tomorrow?

Edited by user Thursday, March 20, 2008 7:14:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Yoshi714  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 7:19:34 PM(UTC)
Yoshi714
Major

Honestly I would, I do it a lot with Age of Mythology online, but Zero Hour wont let me on, I have a legal version (two actually) and yet I can't play online and I have tried everything to get on and eventually just said screw it. I can play over a network though, it just doesnt like my serial number online not sure why.