Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Honkernoodles  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2022 8:58:45 PM(UTC)
Honkernoodles
Private

Goal: Add a new voice line to the GLA Bomb Truck on either one of the following actions (also, preferably in Zero Hour):

1. (Preferably) Voice line that triggers when the bomb truck is commanded to "Detonate Now".
2. Voice line triggers when the bomb truck is commanded to attack.

I have found in the INIZH.big file where the Bomb Truck parameters are. Object\GLAVehicle.ini has the audio parameters which include "VoiceAttack = BombTruckVoiceAttack", and I know if I can moddify that then that would satisfy my 2nd scenario of the two I listed above. I know BombTruckVoiceAttack is defined in Voice.ini (also within INIZH.big) with audio variables vbomata to vbomate, and I know that respective audio files of the same name are found in the AudioEnglish.big file.

What I tried to do, was add my own .wav file, name it vbomatf, and then in the GLAVehicle.ini file, reference it in place of the vbomata and other files, but it didn't work, so I'm wondering what else I would need to do to make it work, or if anyone is willing to explain the extra steps to tell me how to make it work on the "Detonate Now" command (which doesn't have any voice lines for it) that'd be awesome.

Thanks for your time.
Sponsor
Offline UTD^Force  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2022 2:42:51 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Jordan

Was thanked: 184 time(s) in 168 post(s)
Can you share the ini codes that you have edited?

It would also be better if you named your new voice something new, e.g. bombtrucknewvoice.wav, to make sure nothing from the original game files overwrites it and then use that in the ini files.

If you want to make the voice work on the command detonate now you can use this code for example:
I just added the line UnitSpecificSound and used the disguise voice to test if it works, and it does. So basically, all you have to do now is make the codes for your new voice and then just add them to the detonate now commandbutton.

Code:
CommandButton Command_BombTruckDetonateNow
  Command           = FIRE_WEAPON 
  WeaponSlot        = PRIMARY ; Best if this matches up with an AutoChoose listing that forbids this slot normally
  Options           = OK_FOR_MULTI_SELECT
  TextLabel         = CONTROLBAR:DetonateBombTruck
  ButtonImage       = SSTerroristCarBomb
  ButtonBorderType  = ACTION
  DescriptLabel     = CONTROLBAR:TooltipDetonateBombTruck

UnitSpecificSound = BombTruckVoiceModeDisguise ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; added this
End
Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

Moderator and former map reviewer
CnC Labs