Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline eyado  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2022 5:54:38 PM(UTC)
eyado
Private

I am going to open discussion but i don´t know if it has been answered or no i couldn´t find anything on this topic.

I have recently bought a gaming laptop and my first thing i wanted to do was to play was zero hour (and largely, one of the main reasons why i bought the laptop aside from some collage work)

the laptop has an RTX 3050, and i5-11400H manufactured from Asus (TUF F15 fx506HCB)

HOWEVER when opening zero hour, it runs on integrated graphics instead of the nvidia card, i tried so much to disable the adapter (no application worked after that and resolution was 800x600 until i switched it back on), i tried windows graphics settings to add generals.exe and game.dat to run on high performance nvidia card, but no solution was found. Also I edited the settings from nvidia control panel too however it is written there that now windows graphics control which application runs on which card and it didnt work anyway.

I tried to use an external monitor, but it also ran on the integrated graphic card too.

I am thinking that it is a problem from the design of the game that it needs to have such a feature built in but maybe laptop gaming at that time was not a thing and programmers didnt put instructions for the the game to coordinate with the system?? or is my install of the game missing something? I downloaded the game from a torrent site and running an illegitimate crack (BUT NO MODS OR ANY CRAP) so maybe that´s the reason? or maybe there are some patches for that or some other releases maybe i can try??

i have clean windows 10 pro installation, i updated to latest 20H2 version, updated bios and all drivers (integrated graphics and dedicated one) everything is up to date

if you have been able to run the game on a laptop using a dedicated GPU, please let me know from where did you install the game and what settings you have so i can see what i am missing

Sponsor
Offline om_kars  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2022 12:38:45 PM(UTC)
om_kars
Private

I am facing the same problem
Based on what I read online, it seems that the problem is in directx libraries
You have to download an old version and update the library without deleting the recent version... I tried to do that but to no luck
you will need to download directx 9 to add the old files from it to the newer version that come with win10
I'm still trying to find a solution for this