Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kdreamland  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2021 4:45:38 PM(UTC)
kdreamland
Private

Hi there. I was playing C&C ZH on Win 7 laptop no problem. Then I got my new one with Win 8.1 installed.

I installed CNC first decade and added the options.ini file to stop it from giving the 'serious error'. Gentool installed fine seemingly, howevery upon starting it up, it would say 'modified game install' at the bottom.

Checked around, and the problem seems to right clicking require the generals.exe file to run CNC up in Win XP SP3 (compatibility). Easy fix once you know what to do.
However when trying this, I kept getting the 'no CD/DVD detected' when starting Zero Hour.

I racked my brains not understanding what was wrong. I unistalled gentool and CNC multiple times, but keep hitting this rock....until I remembered that I had installed a No CD crack, so I didn't have to keep using my CNC DVD. This crack seems 'invisible'. I can't detect it anywhere, upon uninstalling I delete every CNC folder in both My Documents, and Program Files x86 > EA Games, but this thing won't go away.

im wondering if it has permanently set the laptop to keep applying it somehow, as when I DO reisntall first decade, it automatically remembers to keep trying to run zero hour in WIN XP SP 3 compatibility.

At a loss of what to do, what do you recommend? Here is the no Cd crack I used:
File Attachment(s):
RH0_SETUP.zip (8,216kb) downloaded 27 time(s).
Sponsor