Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Donny  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 6:33:27 PM(UTC)
Donny
Private
Germany

I noticed that there is different music on each of the official maps, but always the same on my custom maps, like the standard music and the battle music for each of the fractions...

Like, on the map "Industrial Strength", when I play the empire theres always the track "Mecha Storm" when I start battling, but on all of my custom maps its "The Empire Strikes".
Same goes for the allies and the soviets.

I wanna change the music that plays on the map. (I dont want to add custom music, just change the track to another in-game track.), but I can't seem to find an option for it.

When I go to Edit>Map Settings>Music Zone I can only select MusicPalette_NotSet. Sad

I really wanna hear the tracks like "Mecha Storm" and "Bring It!" on my custom maps! Big Smile

Can someone help me, please?
Sponsor
Offline ZeroMD  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 12:57:28 AM(UTC)
ZeroMD
Major
Red Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I haven't tried this, but you can look at the "industrial strength" map .xml file to see how it's been done.
Next you can copy that code to the .xml file of your own map
TRA AI developer / hacker, TRA developer, TRA Music hacker, RA3 Trancending Mod creator
Offline Donny  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 9:03:05 AM(UTC)
Donny
Private
Germany

Hmm, there doesn't seem to be a map.xml file in the "MapsMultiplayer.big" file. Ashamed

I also searched the other Map files but I cannot find any map.xml file in there...
Offline ZeroMD  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 3:46:10 PM(UTC)
ZeroMD
Major
Red Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
You can also try to add a script action to set the Path Music State to one of the PathMusicGameDynamicStateSets in ScriptedPathMusicGameDynamicState.xml
TRA AI developer / hacker, TRA developer, TRA Music hacker, RA3 Trancending Mod creator
Offline Donny  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 6:10:45 PM(UTC)
Donny
Private
Germany

Ugh... I have no idea about scripting. :(

I found the option to set the Dynamic System to a specific one... But I have no idea which condition I should set. (Theres nothing like "Game start" or "map start" in the conditions tab...)

Here's a screenshot:

EDIT: I am thinking about an alternate way to do this by playing single tracks via script, but only two tracks are shown in the drop-down menu. Ist there some kind of "List" of the track names?

I am really desperate. Sad

Edited by user Monday, February 2, 2015 8:39:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Alternate way... Not working.

Offline MechDragon108  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2020 4:01:46 PM(UTC)
MechDragon108
Private

I don't know if i'm helping after replying to this 5 years later. But you can add any in-game track by going into Scripts. make a new script and if u want it to play on loop right when the match starts just leave the 2nd page to TRUE. one the 3rd page that says "IF TRUE" click on the line below it and go to Media > Pathfinder Music > then click on the track from the game. They don't have actual song names they go by the order they play in the missions. Like the music on Brighton Beach would be called Brighton Beach 01 or something. FYI you cant play menu themes like grinder or soviet march.