Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ratare40  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 7:58:47 AM(UTC)
ratare40
Private
Serbia
Location: I live in C:\Earth\Europe\South Europe\Serbia\(PRIVATE)\(PRIVATE)\House

I like Japan because it's advanced and because of it's culture Big Smile , but i don't like anime! Thumb Down

I searched on the internet about that , but i only find "If i watch anime , am i a weeaboo?" topics ,
but i wanted to know am i a weeaboo if i like Japanese traditions , art , way of thinking , nature , technology , architecture and a lot of other things Question

I don't think i am obsessed with Japan like weeaboos (mainly anime Indifferent ) , but i
really like it Big Smile . Please guys , help me about this!

Excited Excited Excited <--- Yeah , i had to put them here!
UserPostedImage

Sponsor
Offline UTD^Force  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 10:48:21 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Jordan

Was thanked: 184 time(s) in 168 post(s)
I don't think you are a weeaboo, as far as I know, you have to be really obsessed with Japan and its culture and try to behave as a Japanese person, and that might extend to insulting Japanese people (because you behave as a Japanese stereotype).

I would not consider myself obsessed with Japan, but I do like anime (watched about 1500 episodes) and I have actually learned some Japanese; Hiragana, Katakana, some Kanji, basic grammar as well as everyday conversations (keigo and non-keigo, etc.). I also like Japanese culture, especially their morals and behavior, they are polite but sometimes it's hard to understand what they are saying as Japanese isn't a confrontational language (you will get it if you have a conversation with one).
Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

Moderator and former map reviewer
CnC Labs
thanks 1 user thanked UTD^Force for this useful post.
ratare40 on 12/27/2018(UTC)
Offline Zatsupachi  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 8:05:45 AM(UTC)
Zatsupachi
Major

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 155 post(s)
"Oh no! I like Japanese things. NOW I'M A WEEABOO!"

That is the boldest and most ethnocentric assumption ever. A very, very shallow qualification for the term.

An individual is allowed to like things from other cultures and countries-- what? You expect to just only be like: "Hey I'm an American, I ONLY AMERICAN THINGS." Granted, some people are like that but not all do. Some like to adopt beliefs and cultures from other parts of the world besides their own.

It's only to a point of excess that you believe yourself to be THAT foreign culture is your birthright. The Term, Weeaboo, when put into perspective is just a term used to denote someone likes and claims the other's culture is theirs. It's just the context of it is someone claiming that the Japanese culture is theirs to showcase and demonstrate despite not being of Japanese birth.

With that said though... I like anime-- like a lot. One of my goals in life is being an Animator besides going head on with being a Game Developer.

I take some points from anime when writing stories equally as I take from literature.

"It's precision_bomber."

Death Label HAS BEEN RELEASED(go get v0.99):
http://www.moddb.com/mod...oads/death-label-ver-099

Next Episode:
precision_bomber's Zero Hour SCIENCE!
Offline ratare40  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 1:39:08 PM(UTC)
ratare40
Private
Serbia
Location: I live in C:\Earth\Europe\South Europe\Serbia\(PRIVATE)\(PRIVATE)\House

OK , i'm not a weeaboo , thanks @UTD^Force for clearing it to me! I just wanted to know what other people think about this because i can't find answer for this anywhere on the Internet.
UserPostedImage

Offline UTD^Force  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 3:39:53 PM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Was thanked: 184 time(s) in 168 post(s)
I appreciate the thank you and the buddy request, but I will be honest with you, no hard feelings <3 <3 <3

Originally Posted by: ratare40 Go to Quoted Post
OK , i'm not a weeaboo , thanks @UTD^Force for clearing it to me!

I believe someone else answered you too and took their time to write their thoughts in a reply, even if you don't understand their explanation, they deserve a thank you! Spread the love <3

Originally Posted by: ratare40 Go to Quoted Post
i can't find answer for this anywhere on the Internet.

I believe you could find out what it means with a couple of searches here and there.

Unnecessary addition: I'm even considering taking the Japanese 101 course in university as an optional course, I will learn more about the culture, language and people of Japan (origami too Big Smile Thumb Up ).
Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

Moderator and former map reviewer
CnC Labs
Offline Unknown Editor  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 10:44:25 PM(UTC)
Unknown Editor
Major

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Quote:
What does weeaboo mean?
Weeaboo is a mostly derogatory slang term for a Western person who is obsessed with Japanese culture, especially anime, often regarding it as superior to all other cultures.

So , I just found this , And by the way , Japan as far as I'm concerned Does have a Superior Culture .
Perhaps not to all the other cultures , But the way they built themselves up after WW2 , comparing to German , They did a great job . Let it be said who nuked the other , A=>J
I'm also going to include these 2 countries concentrated on EDUCATION while I know so many others such as my own to have lost lots of honors due to bad educational terms and thanks to the Government which does nothing for noone and people who just say Government must do everything for everyone , We're now under "Brain Drain" which as my Brain says If we don't say "I must make a change myself" rather than "I'm too busy already , Let others do things as well" we will collapse just as did several times in history , but this time we may not be able to rebuild our own as we've almost lost one thing : CULTURE

Edited by user Thursday, December 27, 2018 10:51:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: You will never find out

Asking is Not a Problem , Problem is Not to Know Something .

Operation : Dark Angel
Static : Launch Delayed
Reason : Uncool Terrain - Old Logic in use - Lack of Performance
Status : Applying new Terrain - Applying new Logic - Increasing Performance by 300%
thanks 1 user thanked Unknown Editor for this useful post.
ratare40 on 12/28/2018(UTC)
Offline ratare40  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 9:18:57 AM(UTC)
ratare40
Private
Serbia

Yeah , a lot of other countries lost it's real culture , but Japan's survived many things. That is one of the reasons i love Japan!
UserPostedImage

Offline CommieDog  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2019 2:12:04 PM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
WEEB ALERT!!! Wink

Jokes aside, I'm curious to know as to why you don't like anime. Do you just not like animation in general?
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
Offline AdrianeMapMaker  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 8:11:32 AM(UTC)
AdrianeMapMaker
General
Philippines

Was thanked: 185 time(s) in 149 post(s)
indeed
A part of ZH worldbuilders map making community
https://discord.gg/tJ6zyGb

UserPostedImage