Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Outlier  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 6:49:28 PM(UTC)
Outlier
Private

So I need to know if this is possible

I want to have a Generals power for the Chinese & US factions consisting of a single aircraft-launched missile.

I want the missile to be identical to the "Cruise Missile Silo" missile that was cut from General Alexander, which you find in the worldbuilder. i.e. superfast, uninterceptable, leaves the trail of smoke, high damage, small impact area. I noticed the actual weapon sometimes has some bugs when you put it in a map.

It will be launched from either a B-52 or the Chinese bomber (think it's an Tu-16 / H-6?)

I want the parent aircraft to fly in a short distance after entering the screen, launch the missile, and then bank sharply the way a bomber banks during a bombing run, so that it doesn't continue flying pointlessly towards the enemy base to be shot down. I want it to turn and fly off screen.

If this is possible I can probably figure it out using the guide & resources here, just don't want to waste my time if it isn't.

FYI the concept is supposed to be the equivalent of the "hypersonic" missiles that China, Russia & the US are working on in real life
Sponsor
Offline AdrianeMapMaker  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 6:52:19 AM(UTC)
AdrianeMapMaker
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Philippines

Was thanked: 185 time(s) in 149 post(s)
didnt heard of shockwave mod ?-- theres a similar thing -- the plane carries the missile and shoot through the target but it doesnt bank after deploying the missile (i think banking on plane is possible ZH Airf b2 carpet bomber plane does that since its too fast that he just throws payload and bank)
A part of ZH worldbuilders map making community
https://discord.gg/tJ6zyGb

UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked AdrianeMapMaker for this useful post.
Outlier on 3/25/2020(UTC)
Offline Outlier  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 9:11:58 AM(UTC)
Outlier
Private

Oh is that in Shockwave? I have been away from this game for a long long time. I only played an old version of shockwave.

I will download the mod and see what they did. Which general has this power in their mod?
Offline AdrianeMapMaker  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 4:31:49 PM(UTC)
AdrianeMapMaker
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Philippines

Was thanked: 185 time(s) in 149 post(s)
armor general
A part of ZH worldbuilders map making community
https://discord.gg/tJ6zyGb

UserPostedImage

Offline Outlier  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2020 8:45:34 PM(UTC)
Outlier
Private

Just downloaded it, yeah that plane doesn't bank after firing but that's the effect I want, I'll keep playing with it

There was another mod with a Chinese spy plane (radar plane) that banks when it flies over the target revealing the ground below (like the satellite), does that sound familiar, it was a plane with a radar dome on top