Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline LetsPopSomeTanks  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 4:46:21 PM(UTC)
LetsPopSomeTanks
Private

Like the title says, the AI completely breaks when I have a script to transfer all assets of PlyrCivilian to player0 (me). I prebuilt my base in Worldbuilder using a map from the RotR map pack (Stomp Arena), and wanted to transfer everything at the start instead of capturing every structure. However, when I start the game, the AI will only build workers and do nothing with them.

If I delete the script and restart, they work as intended.

There are no assets that I can find even near their base that are being transferred to me. When highlighting all of PlyrCivilian's assets, everything is in my base. The structures such as Supply Docks, Oil Derricks, and Tech Buildings that are on their side of the map are "neutral", not PlyrCivilian.

I have done this exact same thing on a different player made map, and the transfer and AI both work perfectly. However, it won't work on this map.

I have been going back and forth troubleshooting but I can't figure it out. I even tried naming every single structure and making a separate transfer script for each structure, in case there was a hidden object I was missing that was being transferred to me and causing the issue, but it still didn't work.
Sponsor
Offline zero hour mad map maker  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 5:28:34 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Canada

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Hmmm interesting. I made a little test on the map using the bottom left corner and made a mini-prebuilt base and transferred it to me like you said you were trying to do.. and everything seems to be working just fine.

Here's the test map if you're curious. Did I do it along the same lines like you were trying to?

Or were you using the actual mod ROTR with this? I was just using Vanilla ZH and it was working fine.

I noticed on the comment page of the map pack that some maps the AI don't build in general; apparently it's a bug. Granted it's from 2013, but I'm not sure if it is actually patched or not.
UserPostedImage

Edited by user Tuesday, February 11, 2020 5:36:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
Stomp Arena [ROTR].zip (139kb) downloaded 17 time(s).
Ready for Anything! --- C&C Labs Staff , Maps Staff , Moderator
thanks 1 user thanked zero hour mad map maker for this useful post.
AdrianeMapMaker on 2/12/2020(UTC)
Offline LetsPopSomeTanks  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 12:42:52 PM(UTC)
LetsPopSomeTanks
Private

Originally Posted by: Zero Hour Mad Map Maker Go to Quoted Post
Hmmm interesting. I made a little test on the map using the bottom left corner and made a mini-prebuilt base and transferred it to me like you said you were trying to do.. and everything seems to be working just fine.

Here's the test map if you're curious. Did I do it along the same lines like you were trying to?

Or were you using the actual mod ROTR with this? I was just using Vanilla ZH and it was working fine.

I noticed on the comment page of the map pack that some maps the AI don't build in general; apparently it's a bug. Granted it's from 2013, but I'm not sure if it is actually patched or not.
UserPostedImage

I downloaded and tested it and it worked for me as well. I tried both methods of transferring - All assets of PlyrCivilian and doing each structure one by one like you did, and neither worked.

And no, I am not using ROTR mod when playing. I'm actually using TEOD mod.

I don't think that the bug would be affecting this because it works fine without the transfer script, and works with it for you. Thank you for testing though. There must be something else going on with my map that's causing this. Here is the file. I modified a bit of the map as well, though only the left side.

Here's my version of the map

Edited by user Wednesday, February 12, 2020 12:43:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
Stomp Arena Solo Narrow.zip (106kb) downloaded 19 time(s).
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 5:30:54 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

Hmm alright, I downloaded it and modified the map a bit. One problem I noticed was the AI was attacking the walls around the water, because those assets were part of PlyrCivilian; so I changed it to back to building by building since there weren't many of them.

I also played around changing the AI attack paths and added the missing CombatZone area, to see if that would help or not. Let me know how the AI is working for you. I just tested it all and it works just fine :)
File Attachment(s):
Stomp Arena Solo Narrow (Modified).zip (112kb) downloaded 16 time(s).
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2020 5:45:55 PM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)
That is not the most ideal method to transfer units to a human player, use the following method instead:

Create a new player in the player list named "player0".

Then, on the object properties of all the units you want to transfer to yourself, change the team to "teamplayer0", and it will be automatically transferred to you once the game start, no need for scripts and you can also use PlyrCivilian for other purposes.
Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
Offline LetsPopSomeTanks  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 5:14:26 PM(UTC)
LetsPopSomeTanks
Private

Hmm alright, I downloaded it and modified the map a bit. One problem I noticed was the AI was attacking the walls around the water, because those assets were part of PlyrCivilian; so I changed it to back to building by building since there weren't many of them.

I also played around changing the AI attack paths and added the missing CombatZone area, to see if that would help or not. Let me know how the AI is working for you. I just tested it all and it works just fine :)

Whatever you did, it worked. I thought it was just because the CombatZone was missing, but I tried adding one for the whole map on my version and it still didn't work. But your map did. Thank you.

The lower area was actually intentionally left underwater as this was a solo defender variant. I left the starting stuff there because the map got wonky when I deleted it.

I'm going to try rebuilding the base and doing the transfer method in the comment below. It did work perfectly for transferring everything for me, but I still had the AI issue. I'm really not sure what caused it, but I guess I just have to start over at this point, unfortunately.
Offline LetsPopSomeTanks  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 5:18:56 PM(UTC)
LetsPopSomeTanks
Private

Originally Posted by: SkyMix_RMT Go to Quoted Post
That is not the most ideal method to transfer units to a human player, use the following method instead:

Create a new player in the player list named "player0".

Then, on the object properties of all the units you want to transfer to yourself, change the team to "teamplayer0", and it will be automatically transferred to you once the game start, no need for scripts and you can also use PlyrCivilian for other purposes.

I had no idea this worked, thank you! I'm going to try rebuilding the base and doing this transfer method instead. It did work perfectly for transferring everything for me, but I still had the AI issue. I'm really not sure what caused it, but I guess I just have to start over at this point, unfortunately.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2020 12:49:39 AM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

Originally Posted by: LetsPopSomeTanks Go to Quoted Post

Whatever you did, it worked. I thought it was just because the CombatZone was missing, but I tried adding one for the whole map on my version and it still didn't work. But your map did. Thank you.

The lower area was actually intentionally left underwater as this was a solo defender variant. I left the starting stuff there because the map got wonky when I deleted it.

I'm going to try rebuilding the base and doing the transfer method in the comment below. It did work perfectly for transferring everything for me, but I still had the AI issue. I'm really not sure what caused it, but I guess I just have to start over at this point, unfortunately.

Glad it worked out for you! And I can really understand the whole thing of AI not working for no apparent reason haha; happened countless of times to me in the past. Yeah, the combat zone was pretty tricky for that, because I put it all around inbetween the Outer perimeters haha.

OH sorry about that! I thought it was a mistake because you still had Player 2's spawn position there haha! It was very interesting to see the AI build underwater though lol.

Still disappointing to hear that stuff is still wonky on your end of things.

But, I'm still happy that I (SkyMix too!) could give you guidance! That transfer methods does indeed seem cleaner :D but as they say, whatever method works best for you.

Goodluck out there ^^ I hope those nasty AI will behave for you now lol.
Offline LetsPopSomeTanks  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2020 1:13:48 PM(UTC)
LetsPopSomeTanks
Private

Originally Posted by: LetsPopSomeTanks Go to Quoted Post

Glad it worked out for you! And I can really understand the whole thing of AI not working for no apparent reason haha; happened countless of times to me in the past. Yeah, the combat zone was pretty tricky for that, because I put it all around inbetween the Outer perimeters haha.

OH sorry about that! I thought it was a mistake because you still had Player 2's spawn position there haha! It was very interesting to see the AI build underwater though lol.

Still disappointing to hear that stuff is still wonky on your end of things.

But, I'm still happy that I (SkyMix too!) could give you guidance! That transfer methods does indeed seem cleaner :D but as they say, whatever method works best for you.

Goodluck out there ^^ I hope those nasty AI will behave for you now lol.

Thank you, yeah seems they are okay now. It's just that the variant I made with an entire base built up still won't work, but at least I now have a canvas to build off of. Now I will use this and make prebuilt bases for different factions/mods.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2020 4:58:55 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

Sound great!!! :D