Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Endif  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2020 3:19:42 AM(UTC)
Endif
Private

When I freeze time, everything becomes unselectable. I couldn't even open the menu to exit the map, I had to Task Manager kill the game. Is there a way to freeze time without making everything unselectable? At least the menu, because that's ridiculous. How are you supposed to ever unfreeze the game unless you use a timer?

I want to effectively make a turn-based multiplayer map. I want the game to start out with frozen time so the player can think and consider their actions. I'd prefer it to be that the player can queue up actions for their units to take while the game is paused, but I'm okay with it if you're not able to queue up actions, I'm not expecting it to work that way. But I want a command button of some nature (or hotkey) the player can press when he's ready to make his actions and the game unfreezes.

Is this possible? What direction should I be looking? This is my first map.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. :)

Edit1: So from looking through the script actions, if I'm unable to pause time, I'm thinking I could just 'Idle all units for all players' and then 'Transfer a specific unit to the control of a player' of all of their units to a completely neutral computer controlled player that does absolutely nothing. Then the other player is given control of all of their units back, effectively creating a turn-based style game.

Would this be a viable solution?

Edited by user Tuesday, January 7, 2020 4:21:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline AdrianeMapMaker  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2020 1:49:24 AM(UTC)
AdrianeMapMaker
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Philippines

Was thanked: 185 time(s) in 149 post(s)
scripts are hardcoded ,those things cant be modified in any means.

You can use a Game Time Changer that used by contra mod - it requires modding which is not part of the vanilla eh.

Edited by user Thursday, January 9, 2020 1:50:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

A part of ZH worldbuilders map making community
https://discord.gg/tJ6zyGb

UserPostedImage