Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Apocalypse232  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2019 1:34:48 PM(UTC)
Apocalypse232
Captain
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hey guys. I need Help!!!
I want to restore The "Tomahawk Storm" that was intended to be for Super Weapons General but was cancelled for some reason. It is not implemented in the game whatsoever and only a few models and the cameos exist in the game files. I want to bring back it into the game but I don't how to do all the fixing in terms of modelling and codding for the building itself. Also there are many models missing (the models for snowy conditions). Any one has any suggestions or can give me a detailed guide?
Thanks,Smile
Sponsor
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2019 2:44:41 PM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Beng has already done this with a map.ini in one of his maps that you can download here. Check in the download missions section and look for superweapon test or something.
Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
thanks 1 user thanked SkyMix_RMT for this useful post.
UTD^Force on 8/4/2019(UTC)
Offline Apocalypse232  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 4, 2019 4:26:30 PM(UTC)
Apocalypse232
Captain
United Kingdom

Well I downloaded these maps and I even played them but I'm still not fully satisfied. All what "Beng" did is that he copied Scud Storm's codes and replaced a few things in them to make them suitable for "Tomahawk storm" (He didn't create models, he just utilized the existing models).
I want models with codes for all conditions (If available). I didn't find any models in "Progen" nor in "Contra" mods. If you know where can I find them, then let me know. If not, then someone PLEASE help me create them. I have no clue whatsoever on how to do all the modelling work and creating custom textures for them.
Thanks,,,
Offline AdrianeMapMaker  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 6:26:11 AM(UTC)
AdrianeMapMaker
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Philippines

Was thanked: 185 time(s) in 149 post(s)
supwerweapongeneral.ini in contra duhhh
A part of ZH worldbuilders map making community
https://discord.gg/tJ6zyGb

UserPostedImage

Offline Apocalypse232  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 2:36:52 PM(UTC)
Apocalypse232
Captain
United Kingdom

I checked Contra mod and i found NO models!!! Anyways I created some Tomahawk storm textures for Snowy conditions by copying the snow from Scud storm's snow textures and pasted them on tomahawk storm's textures. They actually turned out pretty reasonable. I attached them in this post so you can take a look and maybe even have a go on creating some models with these texturesSmile

I have a few questions though.

1)Why the program "gmax" doesn't support DDS texture files, even though some textures in the game's files are of this type?
Someone please explain this to me!

2)I tried to apply the textures to a tomahawk storm model but it applied it to the entire building, including the radars. How can I apply the texture correctly?

3)After applying the texture, when I export the model do I have to add the texture files I used in the game files along with the model?

4)When I open any model I see a list of things in the " material navigation" window. How does it function?

5)How to add lights to the model.(I know from where it's done, but I don't know how to do it properly!)

Again, PLEASE if u can help me by creating these missing models or by guiding me, I'd be grateful!
File Attachment(s):
Tomahawk Storm Textures.zip (230kb) downloaded 17 time(s).
Offline AdrianeMapMaker  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 6:42:03 AM(UTC)
AdrianeMapMaker
General
Philippines

Originally Posted by: Apocalypse232 Go to Quoted Post
I checked Contra mod and i found NO models!!! Anyways I created some Tomahawk storm textures for Snowy conditions by copying the snow from Scud storm's snow textures and pasted them on tomahawk storm's textures. They actually turned out pretty reasonable. I attached them in this post so you can take a look and maybe even have a go on creating some models with these texturesSmile

I have a few questions though.

1)Why the program "gmax" doesn't support DDS texture files, even though some textures in the game's files are of this type?
Someone please explain this to me!

2)I tried to apply the textures to a tomahawk storm model but it applied it to the entire building, including the radars. How can I apply the texture correctly?

3)After applying the texture, when I export the model do I have to add the texture files I used in the game files along with the model?

4)When I open any model I see a list of things in the " material navigation" window. How does it function?

5)How to add lights to the model.(I know from where it's done, but I don't know how to do it properly!)

Again, PLEASE if u can help me by creating these missing models or by guiding me, I'd be grateful!

1. Renx with gmax utilizes tga - After Modeling - Ea Art Devs compressed the tga textures to dds , since dds use only little space than tga which is big and utilizes more performance in the game.
2.this is the *censored*ty part on editing vanilla models - ea handle their buildings weirdly, you need to find its radar texture... then tamper the radar texture on designated face.
(just frecking use the vanilla model from zh and use the contra code)

3.Yes (Stored the textures in big with path [Art/Textures/Your Texture]

4.material navigator shows you what textures used on the specific model you open .. however this is broken on ea vanilla buildings - it will only show the first used textured on it.

5.http://forums.swr-productions.com/index.php?showtopic=3468

UserPostedImage

thanks 2 users thanked AdrianeMapMaker for this useful post.
Apocalypse232 on 8/6/2019(UTC), CommieDog on 12/31/2019(UTC)
Offline Apocalypse232  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 2:12:09 PM(UTC)
Apocalypse232
Captain
United Kingdom

I'm having a problem with new superweapons, ICBM and Tomahawk Storm. Their Shortcuts are not showing up on the side bar!Disapprove

Here are the Command button codes:

Here are the codes from SpecialPower.ini:

Where is the problem?

Also I found some unused EVA audio files for Tomahawk Storm ("tomahawk storm ready & "tomahawk storm launched") How can I implement these in the game?

I tried to implement it via EVA.ini and Speech.ini but idk if that's all that I have to do bcz it didn't do anything to be honest.

Here are the codes:

Eva.ini:

speech.ini:

Edited by user Tuesday, August 6, 2019 3:24:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
1.png (1,656kb) downloaded 33 time(s).
Offline AdrianeMapMaker  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 3:22:31 AM(UTC)
AdrianeMapMaker
General
Philippines

you cant add new eva type -- you can only stick with 3 superweapons per generals

which is particle cannon , nuclear , and scud missile.

you can just replace the particle cannon with tomahawk storm .. iirc the particle cannon has special code which triggers its eva speech .. look for it and copy it to your tomahawk code.

UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked AdrianeMapMaker for this useful post.
CommieDog on 12/31/2019(UTC)
Offline Apocalypse232  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 4:20:17 AM(UTC)
Apocalypse232
Captain
United Kingdom

What about the first issue?
Offline Apocalypse232  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 2:36:06 PM(UTC)
Apocalypse232
Captain
United Kingdom

I'm trying to reskin tomahawk storm model. I extracted all of the textures used to skin the model, but I'm having a hard time doing this.Disapprove

1) When i'm applying the texture on the base of the building it's applying it to other things which I don't want to be skinned. Now how can I separate all the objects attached to this one thing(Cylinder01).
(see the picture!).

2) Also one of the textures used in this model is "atsdislab.tga" which is used for the object "ABSDLINK". However, when I apply the said texture on this object it doesn't look like it is supposed to. I have attached all the necessary files so you can try by yourself and see what I mean.

This stuff might be simple to some of you, but i'm struggling to do it. I wish someone helps me achieve my goal or AT LEAST guides me.Sad

PLESASE try to skin the model by yourself and let me know!Smile
File Attachment(s):
Tomhawk Storm Textures.rar (285kb) downloaded 15 time(s).
Apocalypse232 attached the following image(s):
Cylinder01.png
Texture applying result.png
Offline AdrianeMapMaker  
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 5:44:19 AM(UTC)
AdrianeMapMaker
General
Philippines

this is more advance talk ....

go to
nls discord and ask there

UserPostedImage

Offline Apocalypse232  
#12 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 2:21:59 PM(UTC)
Apocalypse232
Captain
United Kingdom

Well, I checked the link you posted in your reply. Unfortunately that guide wasn't helpful at all because wasn't about what I was asking.

I tried to create night models for "Tomahawk Storm" by adding a few lights, copied from a "particle Cannon's night model". I then exported the model and opened the World Builder to see how it looks and it was Disappointing honestly.

I gave it another try and applied the texture "light beam"(which I found was applied on the light objects I copied from a model) and it looked absurd.

I have a picture attached so that you can see what I mean.

Is there something I forgot to do?
Is there an easier way to add lights to a model?

Please Help me!
File Attachment(s):
Tomhawk Lights not working.png (568kb) downloaded 27 time(s).