Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 7:55:16 AM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)
CNCLABS does NOT have a SSL certificate (http connection), which means that any information shared between the clients and cnclabs can be easily stolen by network sniffers. Recently I was hacked in a couple of services due to having the same password in those services as in here.

DO NOT USE THE SAME PASSWORD.

For the cnclabs staff (if they worry at all): You can easily set up a free SSL certificate by using cloudflare's nameservers, I can help you do that if you need help.
Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
Sponsor
Offline klingondragon  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 8:57:58 AM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
2 things here,

First:
Everyone should always use a unique password for every service they use. it doesn't matter how secure the site is, use a unique password.

Second:
The only person I know has access to the site management, to the level of SSL certificates and DNS settings, comes here so rarely they probably won't see this post. I'll reach out but I don't know if/when I'll get a response.
Offline acidbrain  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 9:24:58 AM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Was thanked: 574 time(s) in 364 post(s)
Here is a fun story...
Bought a Epson printer on the 15th of januari and on the 17th there was This thread, really funny imho.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 16, 2019 10:40:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Panem et kirkinses
Offline Unknown Editor  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 4:09:47 AM(UTC)
Unknown Editor
Major

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Originally Posted by: klingondragon Go to Quoted Post
2 things here,

First:
Everyone should always use a unique password for every service they use. it doesn't matter how secure the site is, use a unique password.

Let's be honest , Can we actually set a unique password for every last account we have in any service ?
I really doubt so (This is why I usually refuse to go to sites that require you to login with an account)
I once tried doing so by the way and I lost lots of keys in my mind XD Just resulted me to go for "Lost Password" option and had me changing them for hours (And yeah I did have a piece of paper for that which I lost)
Anyways, I now have my Info much more classified (My classification was only a matter of my name earlier but now it's personal)

Edited by user Wednesday, April 17, 2019 4:11:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Classified

Asking is Not a Problem , Problem is Not to Know Something .

Operation : Dark Angel
Static : Launch Delayed
Reason : Uncool Terrain - Old Logic in use - Lack of Performance
Status : Applying new Terrain - Applying new Logic - Increasing Performance by 300%
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 8:17:26 AM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)
I found a solution, I have about 20 different passwords, and to remember them all I created a system. I invented a code, where I assign each letter a word, or a combination of numbers, for example:

a = 123
c = cnclabs
g = generals

then I have a list with all my passwords like:

cnclabs: aggc
gmail: cgaa
discord: cccaag

This is really simple, and you can complicate passwords a lot, all you need to remember is what word or combination of letters/numbers corresponds to what letter/number.
Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
thanks 1 user thanked SkyMix_RMT for this useful post.
UTD^Force on 4/17/2019(UTC)
Offline UTD^Force  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 9:31:08 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Jordan

Was thanked: 184 time(s) in 168 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SkyMix_RMT Go to Quoted Post
I found a solution, I have about 20 different passwords, and to remember them all I created a system. I invented a code, where I assign each letter a word, or a combination of numbers, for example:

a = 123
c = cnclabs
g = generals

then I have a list with all my passwords like:

cnclabs: aggc
gmail: cgaa
discord: cccaag

This is really simple, and you can complicate passwords a lot, all you need to remember is what word or combination of letters/numbers corresponds to what letter/number.

This is basically how I remember most of the things I have memorized (mostly studying). Although my friends didn't want to risk doing the same when I advised them, I memorized 57 different medicines with their active groups in 10 minutes after making a code like this.
I will now use it for passwords, too. Thanks for this creative idea! Big Smile Thumb Up
Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

Moderator and former map reviewer
CnC Labs
Offline MicScoTho  
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 12:48:01 PM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SkyMix_RMT Go to Quoted Post
CNCLABS does NOT have a SSL certificate (http connection), which means that any information shared between the clients and cnclabs can be easily stolen by network sniffers. Recently I was hacked in a couple of services due to having the same password in those services as in here.

DO NOT USE THE SAME PASSWORD.

For the cnclabs staff (if they worry at all): You can easily set up a free SSL certificate by using cloudflare's nameservers, I can help you do that if you need help.

Thanks for highlighting the concern.

C&C Labs does actually already support HTTPS connections. You can browse C&C Labs over a secure connection at: https://www.cnclabs.com/

At some point in the future, we will be changing the site to use HTTPS by default to improve the security for all users.
MicScoTho - Founder
thanks 3 users thanked MicScoTho for this useful post.
UTD^Force on 4/21/2019(UTC), SkyMix_RMT on 4/22/2019(UTC), Gameanater on 6/4/2020(UTC)