Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Apocalypse232  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 4:00:56 AM(UTC)
Apocalypse232
Captain
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi everyone.
It's been ages since i have posted in the forums!
Anyways, I recently noticed a minor issue regarding Laser General AI. I noticed that he is building a ton of reactors to power his base instead of upgrading the rods(control rods). How can I fix this?
Also, his missile defenders shoot from far away with laser sight ability. Now I know that this is a well-known bug to most players, but the question is:
Is there a solution to this problem or not?

Many thanks,,,
Sponsor
Offline Annihilationzh  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 9:40:59 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Any AI mod.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline Apocalypse232  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 12:57:43 PM(UTC)
Apocalypse232
Captain
United Kingdom

well how about editing the AI?
How can that be done?
Offline Annihilationzh  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 4:54:40 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
By importing skirmishscripts into a skirmish map, adjusting the scripts, and then exporting them. This process is glitchy and normally results in something breaking in the AI.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
thanks 2 users thanked Annihilationzh for this useful post.
UTD^Force on 4/16/2019(UTC), Apocalypse232 on 4/19/2019(UTC)
Offline Apocalypse232  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:44:19 PM(UTC)
Apocalypse232
Captain
United Kingdom

I tried to do as you said in your recent reply and what I found is that some units that I changed their names for my mod are not properly defined in the paperwork script for every generals skirmish AI. In fact after properly defining every new unit (approximately 5 units) and then exporting it, I made a copy of "SkirmishScripts.scb" and replaced it with my edited version and then tested it. And the catch was that whenever i started a game after like 5 sec every players Command centers (including mine) would sell off and I loose. What did I do wrong? What can be done?

Here are 2 screenshots from my world builder to show clarify my issue:

File Attachment(s):
screenshot.png (505kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
screenshot 2.png (303kb) downloaded 28 time(s).
Offline Mr.Tanka  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 7:55:59 PM(UTC)
Mr.Tanka
Private
United States

https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=15043

https://cncguild.net/item-222?addview

Edited by user Thursday, April 25, 2019 8:07:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Apocalypse232  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 3:15:26 PM(UTC)
Apocalypse232
Captain
United Kingdom

These links are tutorials to CREATE an AI not editing it! I tried to follow some of the instructions from these tutorials but I got confused when I saw all the files mixed up (GLA AI scripts in USA AI folder, China's scripts in GLA's scripts folder). Why is it like this? I just want to edit minor things not the whole thing! Plz HELP!
Offline Apocalypse232  
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 1:48:00 PM(UTC)
Apocalypse232
Captain
United Kingdom

I have other questions about the scripting process. I created a new generals power for Demo general instead of Anthrax Bomb and I just changed the name of the anthrax bomb with my new power within its scripts but when I play any skirmish game I dont see the computer use it when it is Demo general. Do I have to configure the new power and teach the AI how to use it or what?
If so how to do it?

My other question is that I want the computer to use units which are (for some generals) available only if you select its science from star points(like GLAs who use Marauders and SCUD launchers). How can I do this? Do I need to create a script for this?
Offline AdrianeMapMaker  
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 12:04:56 AM(UTC)
AdrianeMapMaker
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Philippines

Was thanked: 185 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Originally Posted by: apocalypse232 Go to Quoted Post
I have other questions about the scripting process. I created a new generals power for Demo general instead of Anthrax Bomb and I just changed the name of the anthrax bomb with my new power within its scripts but when I play any skirmish game I dont see the computer use it when it is Demo general. Do I have to configure the new power and teach the AI how to use it or what?
Of course Duh Wink

If so how to do it?

you just need only 2 scripts for that

UserPostedImage

My other question is that I want the computer to use units which are (for some generals) available only if you select its science from star points(like GLAs who use Marauders and SCUD launchers). How can I do this? Do I need to create a script for this?

YESSSS!!! OFcourse what the heck man hahaha .. we are talking about creating a ai for a 2003 game, too old to generate a cool ai.

Anyways - you can always check how ea devs did it .. they stored the scripts in Data/Scripts/Here

you can use the worldbuilder itself to import the script and inspect it yourself

A part of ZH worldbuilders map making community
https://discord.gg/tJ6zyGb

UserPostedImage

Offline Apocalypse232  
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2019 8:38:01 AM(UTC)
Apocalypse232
Captain
United Kingdom

What if I want to Change the way Laser General's A.I builds its base (bcz it's totally different than other USA factions) I know this has to do something with the file "AIData.ini", but the problem is that I want to change it while seeing a preview of how it will look like after I have changed it. How could I achieve this?
Offline AdrianeMapMaker  
#11 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2019 8:06:01 PM(UTC)
AdrianeMapMaker
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Philippines

Was thanked: 185 time(s) in 149 post(s)
you can use worldbuilder as a reference - in object opts - there is parameter called
angle = put your desired value and it will change realtime
A part of ZH worldbuilders map making community
https://discord.gg/tJ6zyGb

UserPostedImage